Become a Patron!

Batteries?

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I recently bought a vaperesso with efest imr 1650 3.7v 2500mAh, discharge current 20a/35a batteries (and also a 2100 mAh efest) I'm new to charging lithium batteries (I have also have a tesla 2 and batteries are built in) I heard about the guys efest battery that blew up in his pants. So now I'm a little apprehensive about using them. What's great safety guidelines? Are these batteries decent? I have a charger that supposedly stops charging the batteries when they are done, so can I charge them overnight? The batteries so far never get hot but I'm still paranoid haha. Thanks for the help!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've used them for 4 months with no issues. They're not a favored brand around here, and you'll probably get a dozen warnings. I use an i2 Intellicharger. Stick the batteries on it, and go to bed, Been doing that for 4 months as well.

With all that said, I don't vape any higher than 24 watts. And I make sure I keep my voltage at 4 volts or less. And based on the charts found within this forum, I shouldn't ever have a venting issue.

ProTip: Don't carry your mod or batteries where they may come into contact with other metal objects.

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used them for 4 months with no issues. They're not a favored brand around here, and you'll probably get a dozen warnings. I use an i2 Intellicharger. Stick the batteries on it, and go to bed, Been doing that for 4 months as well.

With all that said, I don't vape any higher than 24 watts. And I make sure I keep my voltage at 4 volts or less. And based on the charts found within this forum, I shouldn't ever have a venting issue.

ProTip: Don't carry your mod or batteries where they may come into contact with other metal objects.

I vape between 30-35 w, and it says 5.23-5.65 v, vaporesso doesn't have a voltage control. Think that would be ok? Thank you, I'm very adamant about no metal contact :) My tank gets very hot regardless off what watts I vape on. The mod gets a tad bit warm but I check the batteries and they are never warm/hot.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a few Efests, and a married pair of those exact same Efests, use them in my Parallel box, works great. They never get hot, they both discharge evenly, but I don't run anything too heavy on them (0.2ohm lowest).
As a somewhat rule of thumb, I just assume that no Efests are any more than just 20A CDR cells. The 2100/2500 mah ones seem to be very stable/reliable, haven't given me any issues. Their other cells I'm more skeptical of though, unrealistic specs for 18650s (3000/3500mah with 35A CDR, yeah fuckin right), the 2100/2500s are at least within the realm of The Big 3.
I can put all my batteries on the charge over night, my charger has a over-charge cut-off and other safety protections. As long as the charger has built in safety protections, I don't really worry about it too much (you can charge over night, just don't leave the house with them on charge). If the charger fails to protect, it won't matter which batteries were charging, they're all gonna fail under those conditions.
I would never use an Efest in a single cell mech, there's just to much grey area in that kind of setup (you need to know the batteries specs so you can build safely), but regulated, or parallel with a proper build, shouldn't cause you any issues.
The tank is what's causing the mod to get warm with use, because the cCell coils (ceramic coils) dissipate heat slower than standard wire coil heads (ceramic is a good insulator, so it retains heat for longer, making the whole tank run warm)
For your uses, your Efest should be fine, especially since the mod is regulated, but I would recommend getting your hands on some better batteries in the near future, just to put your mind at ease. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Efest hater here, that being said many people myself included have/are using Efest with no problems. At best it's a 20 amp re-wrap of a Sony, Samsung or LG battery but some have tested out as 10-15 amp cells. You never really know whats under the wrapper. As long as the batteries aren't getting hot your good to go. So vape away.

Sony, Samsung and LG make all the 18650's we use, the older inventory and the ones that don't quite meet specs ( B stock ) are sold to other companies that put there own wrappers on them and inflate the spec's also they usually cost more.

Your tank will get fairly warm as your heating a coil to several hundred degrees, the heat has to go somewhere and some will transfer to the mod case. That's normal. As far as batteries blowing up, The chemistry of the batteries is such that they will do a slow burn not blow up unless you do something really really stupid and some people do, so don't worry about an explosion.

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a few Efests, and a married pair of those exact same Efests, use them in my Parallel box, works great. They never get hot, they both discharge evenly, but I don't run anything too heavy on them (0.2ohm lowest).
As a somewhat rule of thumb, I just assume that no Efests are any more than just 20A CDR cells. The 2100/2500 mah ones seem to be very stable/reliable, haven't given me any issues. Their other cells I'm more skeptical of though, unrealistic specs for 18650s (3000/3500mah with 35A CDR, yeah fuckin right), the 2100/2500s are at least within the realm of The Big 3.
I can put all my batteries on the charge over night, my charger has a over-charge cut-off and other safety protections. As long as the charger has built in safety protections, I don't really worry about it too much (you can charge over night, just don't leave the house with them on charge). If the charger fails to protect, it won't matter which batteries were charging, they're all gonna fail under those conditions.
I would never use an Efest in a single cell mech, there's just to much grey area in that kind of setup (you need to know the batteries specs so you can build safely), but regulated, or parallel with a proper build, shouldn't cause you any issues.
The tank is what's causing the mod to get warm with use, because the cCell coils (ceramic coils) dissipate heat slower than standard wire coil heads (ceramic is a good insulator, so it retains heat for longer, making the whole tank run warm)
For your uses, your Efest should be fine, especially since the mod is regulated, but I would recommend getting your hands on some better batteries in the near future, just to put your mind at ease. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What battery would you recommend for the vaporesso, price? Im defiently willing to invest. My vape shop only seems to carry efest. So any legit place I can buy the better batteries? Thank you so much for the info!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://liionwholesale.com/ is one of the GO-TO shops for online battery purchases. (Recommended often by most experienced VU members, because they have good prices, and they test a bunch of cells from each batch at random to insure they are authentic)

For the Vaporesso, since it's a 75W TC mod, all the common batteries will work fine, any of the Big 3 should serve you well.

Sony: VTC4 (Green) / VTC5 (Green)

LG: HE4 (yellow) / HE2 (Red) / HG2 (Brown)

Samsung: 25R (Blue) / 25R5 (Green)

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
^ what he said. +1 for Liionwholesale.com The LG HG2 will have a slightly longer run time at 3000 mah and I feel the Samsung 25R is the most robust battery ( my opinion only ) of the lot but any of the ones DED420 suggests are fine for a 75 watt mod. He gave good advice.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel the Samsung 25R is the most robust battery ( my opinion only ) of the lot

I agree, I find the Blue Sammys to be my most favored of the lot. It's a shame that most B&Ms don't seem to stock them here anymore :( Guess I'll have to do a bulk online purchase with a few buddies, get us stocked up for the next couple years lol

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
in addition to lionwholesale I use www.illumn.com, they are great, fast shipping, send the batteries in protective cases. Great prices, pretty much $5 per cell for sammy 25r's both blue and green, vtc's, he4's hg2's

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everyone! Ok I know yall said for now I was good. But I took a picture of the batteries I use for yall to see the specs on the 2100 (I know yall mentioned something about being 35a them being crap) So should I NOT use the 2100 that I have? I notice when I use them they make my vaporesso screen glitch out and the screen gets warm(anyone know why?) the 2500s work fine (my husbands did the same and now his screen glitches out with the 2500) Also my 2500 as you can see the wrapping is coming off, is this ok? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just used to my Tesla and never had to deal with batteries! :) Thanks everyone I know I sound completely oblivious to all this! 20160127_113909.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^ what he said. +1 for Liionwholesale.com The LG HG2 will have a slightly longer run time at 3000 mah and I feel the Samsung 25R is the most robust battery ( my opinion only ) of the lot but any of the ones DED420 suggests are fine for a 75 watt mod. He gave good advice.
I don't think it's just your opinion. I believe it's been tested that the 25rs are the coolest running 20amp cell, so in other words the safest 20amp cell.

The way I see it is VTC4 if you want higher wattage and push the amps (30amp cell)
HG2 if you want the longest life
25rs if you are going to be getting close to that 20amp but not exceeding it and value that bit of extra safety.

Wrapping is VERY important. Take that off and you're whole battery will be the negative contact of the battery, so can short if it touches anything else. A little tweaking of the tops/bottoms happens from the contacts in your mod but just be aware that wrapping is important and what keeps it from shorting out when something touches the sides.

As for blowing up, the cases I've heard are people with mech mods holding (accidentally or otherwise) the fire button down for a long time, people knowingly using damaged batteries, charging improperly, or people using the little crappy pens. So I wouldn't really worry too much, just read around here and get a general knowledge of what not to do so you don't make silly mistakes.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the battery wrapper starts getting worn out/torn, either take it into a B&M and have them re-wrapped, or just get some new batteries. That could be the cause of your mods glitching and warming up. The wrapper to a battery acts as the insulator, preventing the positive (button/flat part on top) from touching the negative (the bottom, and the entire body of the battery). When the wrapper gets torn, it can cause arcing or an unstable connection to the mod contacts, which can short out a battery, causing venting, or possibly going into Thermal Runaway (causing an explosion in extreme cases).
I actually have those exact batteries, and they perform very well for me, but I don't follow their specs. The 2100mah is an obvious lie at 38A CDR (even our best batteries don't go past 30A as of yet, and 60A pulse, yeah fuckin right). I go by the following: 2100mah is a 20A CDR / 2500mah is a 20A CDR, and 25A Pulse for both. I take these batteries as 20A CDR cells, nothing more (no matter what they say on them). If they perform better than that, then all the better, but I never expect more than this from any of there batteries.
As a general rule of thumb, I never put any actual load or stress on an Efest, just use them for my lower powered mods/builds for a longer battery life. If I actually wanna put a mod to work, I'll only use Sony/Samsung/LG.

DO NOT use those batteries anymore, they are currently in a dangerous state, wrappers must always be maintained in good working order, for everyones safety. You must at least get them re-wrapped if you intend to keep them, but I would just recommend getting new batteries. It'll put your mind at ease, and then you'll know what the battery is actually capable of too.

Hope that helps a bit, and hopefully that'll fix your problems with the glitching, I think it's probably the batteries breaking connection that's causing your screens to glitch out. Get back to us and let us know what happens

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like it's the positive end coming off and that's the worst end to rip because it's the easiest to short. I wouldn't use it without re-wraping it. Better safe than sorry and that could be the source of your heat and screen glitches. If you put the positive end in first about half way then push the neg end in you won't rip them.

Never be sorry for questions that's how we all learned, so ask away.

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok defiently getting rid of the efest 2500 then. We started off on a battery(I think the mAh was 2200 but don't remember anything else) when we first bought the vaporessos. My husbands screen glitched mine didn't. They exchanged his vaporesso and gave us the efest 2100s in the pic because they said the batteries the new girl gave us were wrong (the wrapping is good on both of the 2100s just not the 2500) his second vaperesso started glitching about 3 days after use. Vape store said she'd called the company but found it very very weird that both 2 of his glitched. So who knows, still waiting for her reply on what the company says. I do know I found a couple other reviews online about the screen glitch/mod warming up. I've used the 2100s without any problems until about 3 days ago (I like the 2500 better, it seems to last a tad bit longer) then my mod started glitching and getting warm but not all time. I can take the batteries out and put them back in and it's good for a while before it glitches. It only does this on the 2100s though. The 2100s seems to drain extremely fast 1-2 hours and 2 hrs is pushing it. But I do constantly vape. So that might be it haha. And holy crap the price difference from vapor store and online is crazy! I payed about 14 for the 2500. But shipping probably makes up for the difference? I'm also not sure what a B&M is but I'm pretty sure we don't have one around here. (That's western Oklahoma for you)

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
B&M is a Brick & Mortar, it just means an actual vape retail store.

That's a shame it's happened to all your Vaporesso's, I really wanted to like that mod. If the battery is draining that fast, it may be a dud battery, not holding a full charge anymore. I do still believe you should acquire some better batteries, and that way you'll know for sure if it's the batteries or the mod that's acting up. I hope it's the former and not the latter, would suck if it was the mod after all.

You won't save too much money if you're only buying like half a dozen or less, but if you buy like a dozen or more, the savings are tremendous, even with the shipping costs. It's always handy to have extra batteries!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok defiently getting rid of the efest 2500 then. We started off on a battery(I think the mAh was 2200 but don't remember anything else) when we first bought the vaporessos. My husbands screen glitched mine didn't. They exchanged his vaporesso and gave us the efest 2100s in the pic because they said the batteries the new girl gave us were wrong (the wrapping is good on both of the 2100s just not the 2500) his second vaperesso started glitching about 3 days after use. Vape store said she'd called the company but found it very very weird that both 2 of his glitched. So who knows, still waiting for her reply on what the company says. I do know I found a couple other reviews online about the screen glitch/mod warming up. I've used the 2100s without any problems until about 3 days ago (I like the 2500 better, it seems to last a tad bit longer) then my mod started glitching and getting warm but not all time. I can take the batteries out and put them back in and it's good for a while before it glitches. It only does this on the 2100s though. The 2100s seems to drain extremely fast 1-2 hours and 2 hrs is pushing it. But I do constantly vape. So that might be it haha. And holy crap the price difference from vapor store and online is crazy! I payed about 14 for the 2500. But shipping probably makes up for the difference? I'm also not sure what a B&M is but I'm pretty sure we don't have one around here. (That's western Oklahoma for you)
$14 for one battery?! Yeah, at ~$5 for shipping plus $5-7 per battery, naw you'll save a ton of money.

That's the sad thing, the Efests and companies like them market to the vape shops, the shops mark them up and sell them to uninformed consumers. Better products at much cheaper prices online but they don't look super fancy and made for vaping (and don't have lies printed on them).

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
B&M is a Brick & Mortar, it just means an actual vape retail store.

That's a shame it's happened to all your Vaporesso's, I really wanted to like that mod. If the battery is draining that fast, it may be a dud battery, not holding a full charge anymore. I do still believe you should acquire some better batteries, and that way you'll know for sure if it's the batteries or the mod that's acting up. I hope it's the former and not the latter, would suck if it was the mod after all.

You won't save too much money if you're only buying like half a dozen or less, but if you buy like a dozen or more, the savings are tremendous, even with the shipping costs. It's always handy to have extra batteries!

I love the vaporesso... when it's not glitching! Gives a nice flavor, way better than my tesla 2 with my kanger sub tank. The ecells (or whatever they are called) rock! I've been 12 days without changing it. I changed the .5 coils on my kanger every 2-3 days (and at $20 for 5) it gets expensive. That's why I was excited about the vaporesso with the coils being said to last way long. My husband is going to stop at another vape store that we have a couple towns over, since he's there right now, to see if they have any of the batteries everyone mentioned here. (That way we can test out the theory and not have to wait on shipping for right now) So crossing my fingers they have some. If you ever get a vaporesso, let me know how it goes!

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay I think last question for today! How high can we go with mAh? And what does it even do? (Does the risks increase with higher mah?) What mAh do you recommend for the vaporesso? (I'm trying to stay away from 2100 since right now that's might be causing the glitch?)

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Liionwholesale 2 25R's 11.00 + 3.00 shipping and a free case.

prices are rounded up so it's a bit actually a bit cheaper

Awesome sounds way better than $14 for just 1, plus the gas to drive 20 mins to the vape shop :) Defiently will be getting some from there when we aren't in need of a battery asap. I have none now since the 2100 possibly glitch and the 2500 wrapping is messed up.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The higher MAH is an indication of how long a battery lasts 3000 ma LG HG2 lasts a bit longer between charges than a 2500 mah 25r but not by much. The 2100 will drain the fastest. 3000 mah is about the highest you can go without reducing the amp rating.

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well crap only ones the vape shop my husband is at is Imren, 40a, 3000mah?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd personally take an Imren over an Efest but it's a 20 amp battery not 40. likely it's a re-wraped LG HG2 /HE4 or a 25r B stock.
Hopefully it's the battery not the mod that's glitching..

DON'T EVER EVER EVER EVER BUY A BATTERY WITH FIRE IN IT'S NAME!!!!! God only knows what they are.

Last edited:

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok awesome we will try that for now until we can order some online. Any risks with these since it supposedly says 40a? And holy heck these are 13.99 each -_-

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mah is milliampere hours (runtime), CDR is continuous discharge rate (power output). It's essentially the amount of power/electricity in the battery. The higher the Mah, the longer the battery life, that's why your 2500 lasted longer than your 2100.
Although Amps play into the power output and runtime of batteries, that's a little more technical than you need to know for now (Ex. 2100 mah at 20A CDR may last longer than a 2500mah at 30A CDR).
Mah doesn't affect your safety at this point in the game, only how long you can vape for.
Soooo many terms to absorb, I know it can be difficult and a little daunting.

I can't say definitively whether or not Imren batteries are any good or not, but alot of the biggest reviewers seem to have no problems with them. Like @Angrygod50 said, if you treat them as 20A CDR and not 40, then you should be fine. I believe Imren is about the same level as MXJO, they're re-wraps, but there haven't really been any issues with them like Efest has.

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mah is milliampere hours (runtime), CDR is continuous discharge rate (power output). It's essentially the amount of power/electricity in the battery. The higher the Mah, the longer the battery life, that's why your 2500 lasted longer than your 2100.
Although Amps play into the power output and runtime of batteries, that's a little more technical than you need to know for now (Ex. 2100 mah at 20A CDR may last longer than a 2500mah at 30A CDR).
Mah doesn't affect your safety at this point in the game, only how long you can vape for.
Soooo many terms to absorb, I know it can be difficult and a little daunting.

I can't say definitively whether or not Imren batteries are any good or not, but alot of the biggest reviewers seem to have no problems with them. Like @Angrygod50 said, if you treat them as 20A CDR and not 40, then you should be fine. I believe Imren is about the same level as MXJO, they're re-wraps, but there haven't really been any issues with them like Efest has.

Defiently overwhelming and I've been vaping for almost 2 years. Only thing that helped us quit smoking. I still don't know any terms or what they mean (obviously now I know a little more, thanks to all of you) I never felt the need to know anything with batteries since all the mods I used the batteries were built in and turn off when it's done charging (Probably a little naive on my part, I'm sure you can overcharge them and have defects?) but I never worried about it. But now that I have an actual battery I have to mess with, I defiently want to be safe. I have 2 little ones (they don't ever touch my vaping things) but I would hate for something to happen to them or while I'm driving with them, because of no knowledge on my part. So thanks everyone for all the help, yall are seriously great!♡

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I lied haha couple more questions. I noticed the Imrens he bought at the vape store, don't have the silver scratch off barcode. Just a regular barcode. I looked at other pictures online and they all had the silver one. Does this matter? And I know this next question doesn't pertain to this thread but he was told by the employee that the colored juices are made with food coloring which has harmful effects when vaping.(I know I could probably google that question but wanted to hear what everyone here had to say) I don't know if he just said that because we buy our juice from our regular vape store that's closer... or because it's actually true? We vape "green goblin" which of course is green. Anyone know if his statement is true or false?

On a good note, so far the new batteries are working. Both vaperessos aren't having any screen glitches, nor does the screen seem to be getting warm.. so far.. :)
14539368365751743565562.jpg

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Efest 2100mAh is actually a quite good battery, it's one of the few that is above 20A, probably 25A. Others will last longer though at typical settings. Thanks for the shout outs in this thread :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Always gonna give you shout outs Jon, we love what you do.

Ashley, yes blue/green colored juices have dyes in them, any unnecessary additive is going to have negative effects. It's fun and cool but is it worth it? ehh up to you. When the colors are red/yellow/brown they could simply be from the flavorings so you don't have to worry about those, it's mainly just that blue/green, though there may be some others, those are just the ones I know about and I know I've had those other 3 colors without dyes.

That said, about the juice you buy, might be worth looking online, much like the batteries you can find some solid juice for a fraction of what you're likely paying. I get my juice usually in bulk so I pay even cheaper but to put it in terms of 30ml's I pay $4.37 (I buy 240ml or more at a time but 240ml from my supplier plus shipping is $35, not including their frequent sales which slash up to 40% of the cost) compare that to what many shops charge ($15-25 per 30ml) and yeah, savings! Downside is you have to find a flavor you like and that takes some time (I went through probably $60 in sample packs till I found a solid 5 flavors I loved). Anyways, thought that might be worth mentioning.

As far as your battery it's hard to say. They're rewraps, consistency and is always a question. That said looking it up what you have is realistically a 15+ amp cell, so don't push it too hard, what wattage setting do you use? What coil resistance? A little math should tell you if it's safe but best bet is to assume it's a 15 amp cell and try to stick to that. And yes, you're doing the right thing, monitor your battery, hell even open it up every once in a while and just see if it's warm at all. 80 degrees celsius is the point where you should start questioning it.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...lts-only-a-17a-battery-damaged-at-30a.718006/

Tests done by Mooch, like Jon a trusted and loved Battery expert. But, to sum it up, they lied, a lot. Like I said he found it to be 15+amp cell.

I'll try to tone it down but I think you can understand our concerns about these types of companies, they label to what people want but don't have the quality to back it up, it's dangerous. Thankfully regulated mods are around and they help keep people from having a bad time but it's a scary thing. Thankfully we have places like these forums and people like Jon and Mooch who will educate us so we can pass it along (feel the need to pass along a thanks from a friend, because of the info I've gotten here I was able to subdue his girlfriends fears that he's going to blow himself up).

So yeah, if you're not pushing the wattage and not using low resistance coils you're probably fine. Basically don't use below .3Ω and max out your wattage. If you're using the .2Ω TC coils stick below 45watts in power. If you want to max the power stick above .4Ω. You should be good at that with the battery you have. Of course on a regulated mod they do a lot to protect you, but trusting machines is a bad idea, we've all seen Terminator right?

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Always gonna give you shout outs Jon, we love what you do.

Ashley, yes blue/green colored juices have dyes in them, any unnecessary additive is going to have negative effects. It's fun and cool but is it worth it? ehh up to you. When the colors are red/yellow/brown they could simply be from the flavorings so you don't have to worry about those, it's mainly just that blue/green, though there may be some others, those are just the ones I know about and I know I've had those other 3 colors without dyes.

That said, about the juice you buy, might be worth looking online, much like the batteries you can find some solid juice for a fraction of what you're likely paying. I get my juice usually in bulk so I pay even cheaper but to put it in terms of 30ml's I pay $4.37 (I buy 240ml or more at a time but 240ml from my supplier plus shipping is $35, not including their frequent sales which slash up to 40% of the cost) compare that to what many shops charge ($15-25 per 30ml) and yeah, savings! Downside is you have to find a flavor you like and that takes some time (I went through probably $60 in sample packs till I found a solid 5 flavors I loved). Anyways, thought that might be worth mentioning.

As far as your battery it's hard to say. They're rewraps, consistency and is always a question. That said looking it up what you have is realistically a 15+ amp cell, so don't push it too hard, what wattage setting do you use? What coil resistance? A little math should tell you if it's safe but best bet is to assume it's a 15 amp cell and try to stick to that. And yes, you're doing the right thing, monitor your battery, hell even open it up every once in a while and just see if it's warm at all. 80 degrees celsius is the point where you should start questioning it.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...lts-only-a-17a-battery-damaged-at-30a.718006/

Tests done by Mooch, like Jon a trusted and loved Battery expert. But, to sum it up, they lied, a lot. Like I said he found it to be 15+amp cell.

I'll try to tone it down but I think you can understand our concerns about these types of companies, they label to what people want but don't have the quality to back it up, it's dangerous. Thankfully regulated mods are around and they help keep people from having a bad time but it's a scary thing. Thankfully we have places like these forums and people like Jon and Mooch who will educate us so we can pass it along (feel the need to pass along a thanks from a friend, because of the info I've gotten here I was able to subdue his girlfriends fears that he's going to blow himself up).

So yeah, if you're not pushing the wattage and not using low resistance coils you're probably fine. Basically don't use below .3Ω and max out your wattage. If you're using the .2Ω TC coils stick below 45watts in power. If you want to max the power stick above .4Ω. You should be good at that with the battery you have. Of course on a regulated mod they do a lot to protect you, but trusting machines is a bad idea, we've all seen Terminator right?

.9 cCell coil, screen says .91 ohms, I go from 30-35 wattage, and says 5.36 volts (that's right now at 31.5) My husband is .9 cCell coil, .87 ohms, 30w (he likes to go up to 50w) and 5.11v. Oh defiently I'm constantly opening it up and feeling the battery, last night it was a tad warm (like I didn't know if it was just my hand or that actual battery, so I let it sit for a minute) I'm extremely paranoid (wasn't even using my vaporesso while driving, just my tesla, because I was scared it was going to blow up with my children in the truck. See paranoid lol, but everyone made me feel better yesterday about it, so for now I'll switch between the two mods until I can get the batteries order from the online shop everyone mentioned) >. < I vape constantly so I don't know if that matters on if I'm pushing the battery to much. Can't wait to order online, maybe I can get that done. Is there a tool I use to check the temp of the battery? (If so where can I get it haha)

Good to know about the juice.. sucks... but good to know :) That being said, know any juices that taste like monster energy drink or even redbull? Best online places to buy? I have no idea what pg/vg% is in the one I have now. So no clue what % I need (If that's what it's even called) I just know I like my green goblin with extra flavor, 4mg nicotine, haha. (I'm not very informed with juices apparently)

Yes everyone here is great! I always think before I post "these people are going to think I'm a complete idiot! Or that I ask too many questions/repeat a question (I'll try to rephrase the question because I don't understand the answer) My vape store seems to get agitated when I ask loads of questions, so I just quit asking (maybe it's just me). Or they blow off the question like it's no big deal. (Just yesterday when my husband was buying the Imrens, I told him that it's not going to be 40a, that it's rewrapped 20a probably. I guess he ask the guy selling them and he goes "this is a brand new company, they are 40a and their own battery, I have been using the battery's for 4 days in 2 of my mods just fine) So I'm glad everyone here is so nice and informative :D (as you can tell I'm a information seeking person)! So big thanks again♡

Update: I bought the green 25R's samsung from
http://liionwholesale.com/ (I didn't see any blue samsungs so I just went with green, hopefully that's ok?)

Last edited:

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes everyone here is great! I always think before I post "these people are going to think I'm a complete idiot! Or that I ask too many questions/repeat a question (I'll try to rephrase the question because I don't understand the answer) My vape store seems to get agitated when I ask loads of questions, so I just quit asking (maybe it's just me). Or they blow off the question like it's no big deal. (Just yesterday when my husband was buying the Imrens, I told him that it's not going to be 40a, that it's rewrapped 20a probably. I guess he ask the guy selling them and he goes "this is a brand new company, they are 40a and their own battery, I have been using the battery's for 4 days in 2 of my mods just fine) So I'm glad everyone here is so nice and informative (as you can tell I'm a information seeking person)! So big thanks again

No worries, some of us live to answer questions hahaha. It's better to ask a thousand questions, than ask none and have an accident (especially with kids).

If that's the attitude that store owner/employee had, never return there. He is obviously misinformed, and is being completely arrogant and misleading with his statements. While yes, Imren is a new company compared to Samsung, LG, and Sony, Imren has been around for more than long enough (a couple years) to know the facts. They are most definitely re-wraps, and they are most definitely not 40A cells. They are 20A at best, and should be treated as such. The whole fact he had the audacity to say "Ive been using them for 4 days and they work fine" shows he is completely braindead. That's like saying I've driven this car for 4 days, so it'll never break or crash, you'd have to be completely and utterly stupid to even think that. There have been people using a battery for months before it starts showing signs of defects and starts failing. Everything that guy told your husband was a lie, and this is exactly how all these accidents happen, shops giving bad info to less experienced vapers and telling them things that should never be done (over-spec batteries/building coils their batteries can't safely fire/giving them tanks with hybrid cap mech mods). I would avoid this shop, and recommend others to do so as well if this is how they operate.

For your purposes, those batteries will suffice, but definitely order some online whenever you can. It'll be safer and perform better. You may have one from an older batch before they started putting Authenticity Scratch stickers on them. Efest was the same way, I have some with them, and some without, they just changed that in the summer of last year, so I assume Imren followed suit. Ironically, these "authentic" labeled Efest and Imren batts are re-wraps, whereas LG/Sony/Samsung are the real manufacturers and don't even use Authenticity Scratch stickers at all lol.

Glad to hear your mods aren't acting up anymore, I figured it was the battery shorting the mod, good to know it's not a mod defect.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't see any blue samsungs so I just went with green, hopefully that's ok?)
Last year there was a press release from Samsung saying they no longer wrap the batteries in a blue only green and it's the same battery specs but some folks say the blue is better. I don't know?? You can read it at lightningvapes if you look at the 25r page.
Glad it was the batteries and not the mod.

Last edited:

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know about the juice.. sucks... but good to know That being said, know any juices that taste like monster energy drink or even redbull? Best online places to buy? I have no idea what pg/vg% is in the one I have now. So no clue what % I need (If that's what it's even called) I just know I like my green goblin with extra flavor, 4mg nicotine, haha. (I'm not very informed with juices apparently)

This is sorta true. Some companies do use food colouring, which is not necessarily bad for you, but it's not good for you either, but the caramelizing sugar in some juices is far worse than anything in food colouring, so I wouldn't fret over it. And as a matter of fact, there are some juices out there that are naturally colored (coloring is from the natural extract of the flavor, like an purple liquid can be colored due to the process of the natural grape flavor extraction). I've actually had an Orange liquid that was naturally colored from the orange extract process. Either way, food colouring isn't something that would stop me from using a juice
I actually have an energy drink one, and so does my buddy (Powered Bull & Raging Bull) that both taste like RedBull. Both of ours are Canadian made, so I'm not sure what the American equivalents would be unfortunately, but I'm sure there's lots out there

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last year there was a press release from Samsung saying they no longer wrap the batteries in a blue only green but it's the same battery but some folks say the blue is better. I don't know?? You can read it at lightningvapes if you look at the 25r page.
Glad it was the batteries and not the mod.

The Blue ones (25r) and the Green ones (25r5) are essentially the same battery, same specs (mah/amp) but have a slightly different chemistry, I believe the 25r5 have a little more magnesium or something. I believe Samsung said they are no longer producing the 25r, in lieu of the 25r5 which is supposed to be a slightly more efficient chemistry, making them safer, but I still find the 25r performs better, or at least lasts longer. I have both, and find I have to charge the 25r5 more frequently then the 25r (probably about half an hour longer runtime in my mech) while under the same load and usage, so I prefer the Blue Sammys myself, but they are a rare commodity around these parts, gonna have to order a few online myself :)

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No worries, some of us live to answer questions hahaha. It's better to ask a thousand questions, than ask none and have an accident (especially with kids).

If that's the attitude that store owner/employee had, never return there. He is obviously misinformed, and is being completely arrogant and misleading with his statements. While yes, Imren is a new company compared to Samsung, LG, and Sony, Imren has been around for more than long enough (a couple years) to know the facts. They are most definitely re-wraps, and they are most definitely not 40A cells. They are 20A at best, and should be treated as such. The whole fact he had the audacity to say "Ive been using them for 4 days and they work fine" shows he is completely braindead. That's like saying I've driven this car for 4 days, so it'll never break or crash, you'd have to be completely and utterly stupid to even think that. There have been people using a battery for months before it starts showing signs of defects and starts failing. Everything that guy told your husband was a lie, and this is exactly how all these accidents happen, shops giving bad info to less experienced vapers and telling them things that should never be done (over-spec batteries/building coils their batteries can't safely fire/giving them tanks with hybrid cap mech mods). I would avoid this shop, and recommend others to do so as well if this is how they operate.

For your purposes, those batteries will suffice, but definitely order some online whenever you can. It'll be safer and perform better. You may have one from an older batch before they started putting Authenticity Scratch stickers on them. Efest was the same way, I have some with them, and some without, they just changed that in the summer of last year, so I assume Imren followed suit. Ironically, these "authentic" labeled Efest and Imren batts are re-wraps, whereas LG/Sony/Samsung are the real manufacturers and don't even use Authenticity Scratch stickers at all lol.

Glad to hear your mods aren't acting up anymore, I figured it was the battery shorting the mod, good to know it's not a mod defect.

Apparently I quoted my husband wrong on how long employee has used the batteries. (He just corrected me as I was reading your reply) Apparently he just said "I've been using them in both my mods, just fine" but he was very adamant that they were 40a legit. (Sorry for the misquote on my part, he was txting specs/prices also at the time so I probably read it wrong)

Thanks, I'm glad it's not the mod either! I just placed my order at http://liionwholesale.com/ about 30 mins ago and just received a email saying it's already shipped (dang that was fast) Also glad that we bought 4 batteries/6 cases for $29 and some change. (The two imren batteries cost $30 and some change yesterday at vape shop) Yay for savings lol :)
Good to know about the stickers and that we should be okay for now with the Imrens at the settings we use. Have a great day :)

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apparently I quoted my husband wrong on how long employee has used the batteries. (He just corrected me as I was reading your reply) Apparently he just said "I've been using them in both my mods, just fine" but he was very adamant that they were 40a legit. (Sorry for the misquote on my part, he was txting specs/prices also at the time so I probably read it wrong)
Thanks, I'm glad it's not the mod either! I just placed my order at http://liionwholesale.com/ about 30 mins ago and just received a email saying it's already shipped (dang that was fast) Also glad that we bought 4 batteries/6 cases for $29 and some change. (The two imren batteries cost $30 and some change yesterday at vape shop) Yay for savings lol
Good to know about the stickers and that we should be okay for now with the Imrens at the settings we use. Have a great day

Either way, he argued when he was wrong, so it still doesn't do you any good, they are 20A at best, no matter how adamant he was lol. If it was me and he tried to tell me those specs, I'd put him on blast right in the middle of his own store, put him in his place, make him look stupid in front of his potential customers, because that's what he deserves for lying to people, but I'm kind of an ass about these things, nobody gets away with trying to pull the wool over my eyes.
That's great to hear, Liion doesn't screw around, they know how impatient we vapers are hahaha, can't be waiting on batteries lol. That's a great deal, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy your vape! :D

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Either way, he argued when he was wrong, so it still doesn't do you any good, they are 20A at best, no matter how adamant he was lol. If it was me and he tried to tell me those specs, I'd put him on blast right in the middle of his own store, put him in his place, make him look stupid in front of his potential customers, because that's what he deserves for lying to people, but I'm kind of an ass about these things, nobody gets away with trying to pull the wool over my eyes.
That's great to hear, Liion doesn't screw around, they know how impatient we vapers are hahaha, can't be waiting on batteries lol. That's a great deal, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy your vape! :D
It's not just about him lying either, it's the safety. You crank those 15+amp cells to 40amps and you're asking for trouble.

And Ashley, there is another area of the forum that talks about juice, check that out, they'll probably be able to help there. I know there are probably dozens of "energy drink" flavored juices.

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not just about him lying either, it's the safety. You crank those 15+amp cells to 40amps and you're asking for trouble.

And Ashley, there is another area of the forum that talks about juice, check that out, they'll probably be able to help there. I know there are probably dozens of "energy drink" flavored juices.

Awesome I'll head over there now :)

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What do you mean crank them up? I'm not going to accidently do that, am I? Lol, amps make me think of sound systems. (And I know nothing about either o_O) :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you mean crank them up? I'm not going to accidently do that, am I? Lol, amps make me think of sound systems. (And I know nothing about either o_O) :)
Put the wattage too high or the resistance too low. If you used the .2Ω coil and maxed your wattage you'd be doing yourself a disservice but honestly your regulated mod would probably have your back and keep you safe. The scary thing is if people put these in mech mods expecting 40amps.

With the .9Ω coil and using 35watts you're safe. If my math is right you're only pulling 6.23 amps, so you're anything from pushing it. In fact I don't know of any cells that can't handle that.

And yeah, different kind of amps. An "Amp" you plug into a guitar is an "amplifier" which is a device to increase the amplitude of the soundwaves going out the speaker, makes it louder. Here we're talking amperes, which is a measure of electrical current. Though I'm sure they use electrical formulas and have to pay attention to amperes in audio as well :) I will say I never really noticed how many "amps" there are, confusing word.

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No don't worry he was just trying to make a point. You can't "crank your mod up" enough to over draw the batteries. Regulated mods are pretty safe and you would have to be pushing a lot more watts than your mod will do and still not draw 40 amps. Don't worry your fine.

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No don't worry he was just trying to make a point. You can't "crank your mod up" enough to over draw the batteries. Regulated mods are pretty safe and you would have to be pushing a lot more watts than your mod will do and still not draw 40 amps. Don't worry your fine.

Awesome thank ya :)

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the vaperesso has usb charge port. I use the intellicharger i2 though to charge my batteries. But my husband is going out of town for work... Can he use his usb ports in his truck with the charger cord the vaperesso came with? Or should I let him take the intellicharger and I use a wall plug in with the charge cord?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He/You will be fine, it's just generally better to charge through a solid battery charger but if it has passthrough capabilties you're good for that. That's why passthrough is nice, it's good in a pinch, it's not something you want to rely on but you'll be good for the time being. As for who to take it, whoever you think will be better at taking it off of charging when it's full. The main thing about chargers is their protection capabilities to not overcharge. That's what you're risking when charging through USB, that and generally USB is slower (though if you have multiple settings on your charger, slower is better for batter lifespan).

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update: Defiently not a battery problem with the vaperesso. Just the darn thing is faulty. (I've emailed the company since my vape store doesn't care to do anything about it)

But... I do love the fact the mod doesn't screen heat up with the 25r, and battery life is a little longer. Plus it puts my mind at ease and that's a big plus! Thanks everyone again!

VU Sponsors