Become a Patron!

Battery saving coil

lovetovape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking for a coil to put into my rda that will give me the most out of my battery, without sacrificing a lot of vapor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My battery is a Sony VTC4, my RDA is a Tobh, and my mod is a brass Stingray clone. I'm running a duel micro coil at the moment reading at . 5 ohms. Thanks everyone.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Imo , doesn't matter what style of coil , although duals will be more battery robbing than singles . What the ohm's are and what your running it at is what matters with battery life. A higher ohm build will give longer battery life but i'm no expert.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. I use a single coil at 1.7 ohms running at 14 watts on a IPV2. The battery will last me from 6am to about 8 pm. When I put my dual coil dripper on,1ohm, the battery life is cut in half at 25 watts. Also using a regulated mod helps with battery life.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not familiar with the tobh. Does it have a single coil option? I found a nano coil version of the nano dragon coil vapes very well for 28 gauge and it has higher resistance so it should be good on your battery. All the dragon coil is is a nano coil tilted and wicked kinda funny. I have only used it in dual, but I imagine it should be fine single.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The best battery saving coil for your setup would be a 3.0 ohm single.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
13 wraps of 30g/2mm mandrel

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Now...realise that amps=heat=atomisation=battery draw. The more airflow you put into that path, the greater the volume of vapour. The more coils the more surface area=greater flavour. Bottom like is this....great flavour+thick clouds=battery drain.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A great way to look at electricity is to compare it to a river. Water=watts Flow=volts Villages flattened=amps dams and rocks=ohms

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Franciscan is a natural , a prodigy of vaping i suppose , guys knows his stuff but (the thing that impresses me the most about him ), he is able to vape mega wattage without blowing his face off . I may be wrong about this but thats a pretty good skill to have.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Some may say "what" , a 3.0 ohm coil but trust me it vapes much better than many would think lol.
We all started there on our quest for perfection. Much better than working backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Franciscan is a natural , a prodigy of vaping i suppose , guys knows his stuff but (the thing that impresses me the most about him ), he is able to vape mega wattage without blowing his face off . I may be wrong about this but thats a pretty good skill to have.
I am nothing more than a member of a community of vape adventurers and mad scientists.

lovetovape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you guys for everything.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am nothing more than a member of a community of vape adventurers and mad scientists.

Yeah but your willing to take chances, when i worked for a general contractor my boss used to make me go up on roofs to check structural integrity , i had no choice , he wouldn't send up the more experienced important guys (too risky) , suppose i was the most expendable lol.

I used to say "but boss, it's not safe " and he used to say whats safety have to do with anything .

Besides you seem to have interest in being a mod , if you get it try not to do what most others do after they become one , disappear and not participate much . Seems many people change and not for the better imo.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since you're putting this on a mech, with a full battery you'll be under 6 watts at 3 ohms. I don't think you'll like it. Especially on an rda like the tobh that's designed for duals.

VU Sponsors