Become a Patron!

Battery tester

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there a small battery tester available so I can monitor my batteries voltage. I'm just getting into mechs and don't want to run my battery to low while I'm learning.
Thanks

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Where you looking for something that screws onto the 510 to check voltage? Or some type of external meter?

If you are near a Harbor Freight Tools you can find a coupon for a free (and that means "cheap") multimeter. They are ok for measuring DC voltage but don't expect it to give anything near correct resistance measurements.

Last edited:

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Something small and portable so when I'm at work I'm not guessing what voltage my battery is at. I don't want to ruin a perfectly good battery by running it down to low.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
if you have a .2Ω build, you'll be getting 75ish watts with a fresh battery...by 3V you're only getting 45W, you should notice that performance drop in the vape quality

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks. I was thinking of something like the tester that comes with the innokin tc 18650 mod.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have NOT tested any of these nor read anything about them.
They could be the greatest thing since wavy sliced pickles or they could be the worst thing since the black plague, I have no idea.
All I did was try to answer your question so if you get one and it has an extra feature of making coffee that is ready when you wake up or blows up and you lose and arm, please report back to let others know.
(hopefully with all limbs attached)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
FT has several version of in-line meters as well with many reviews offered.

It is a good idea to check though, until you get the feel for the performance dropoff that indicates you should swap batteries.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
FT has several version of in-line meters as well with many reviews offered.

It is a good idea to check though, until you get the feel for the performance dropoff that indicates you should swap batteries.

I think that is probably what the majority of us do

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have a mech so you already have a vilt/ohm meter... that's what I used and use.

It only takes a little a while and you'll be able to feel the voltage drop when battery swap time is due.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As @HondaDavidson said, as you have a mech you must already have something at home, such as your Ohm reader, or your charger may display voltage?

It won't take long to get used to the feel of the power dropping. It really is noticeable, and whenever I pull I am at 3.6-3.7V. You will have a very weak vape if your battery gets too low. Remember most of the batteries we use are specified down to 2.5V on their datasheet. Below this will damage them, or damage you, but as long as you aren't going very low voltage wise you will be OK. (There is voltage under load too, but I am certain you will notice the drop off in perfomance).

Just keep checking when you are at home, and you will get the feeling in a day or two for sure.

VU Sponsors