Become a Patron!

Bec pro won't turn on this morning. Spilt ejuice in display month ago

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I woke up yesterday and it wouldn't turn on. Left it alone for several hours and it came back on, now it won't turn on again this morning. My tank leaked ejuice in it maybe a month or two ago but was still working fine aside from a single drop of liquid showing inside the display. Warranty expired shy of a week ago. I read where somebody supposedly dipped theirs in rubbing alcohol and it dissolve the trapped juice somehow but idk. SMOK tech support mentioned resetting itbutwasnt evn sure of reset capability

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try to see if the seller will replace it, but I'm thinking they may not.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the reset button, won't hurt anything.

I have poured 90% isopropyl alcohol in a mod that got juice in it before. It worked but some manufacturers warn against getting the chip wet even with alcohol. I would try that if the reset button doesn't do it, your out of warranty so what the hell.

If none of that works, like whiskey said, time to shop for a new mod. There are end of the year deals going now for decent mods and much better than the bec for ~$20.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try the reset button, won't hurt anything.

I have poured 90% isopropyl alcohol in a mod that got juice in it before. It worked but some manufacturers warn against getting the chip wet even with alcohol. I would try that if the reset button doesn't do it, your out of warranty so what the hell.

If none of that works, like whiskey said, time to shop for a new mod. There are end of the year deals going now for decent mods and much better than the bec for ~$20.
Any idea where the reset buttons at? I would've tried it but idkw it is..anyway it started wrkng again after I took off the tank and battery portion of the mod but that recent behavior still got me worried. Itll probly b the same story tomorrow...so about the alcohol, am I supposed just dip it quick, what?

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When my old provari needed a cleaning every year or so I'd just dump alcohol down the tube, put my palm over the end, shake it and dump it out.
That would be my last resort, I tried it once and it was ok so it became an annual cleaning for that mod lol.

While it's running, can you link up to the app and see if there's a reset option in the bluetooth app? My old smok m50 had a little hole in the side of the case that you could stick a pin into to reset it, maybe yours is in the app, or hidden on the mod or does not exist, not sure with that mod... maybe someone on this forum is familiar with it and will post.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like this is it?
BEC-Pro-Mod-mv-image.jpg

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When my old provari needed a cleaning every year or so I'd just dump alcohol down the tube, put my palm over the end, shake it and dump it out.
That would be my last resort, I tried it once and it was ok so it became an annual cleaning for that mod lol.

While it's running, can you link up to the app and see if there's a reset option in the bluetooth app? My old smok m50 had a little hole in the side of the case that you could stick a pin into to reset it, maybe yours is in the app, or hidden on the mod or does not exist, not sure with that mod... maybe someone on this forum is familiar with it and will post.
I've tried couple times to link to the app but for some reason or another I didn't accomplish that. I'll try again though. It was the same story this morning. Something about letting it sit over night. I'm surely gonna end up taking your advise on the rubbing alcohol. I have yet to see a reset hole on this thing.

Last edited:

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never mind about the app. Its got malware or something which is why I hadn't used it yet. Anywho, I remove the battery before going to sleep and it wakes right up, which will have to do until I get the isopropyl.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounds like vapors of some sort are developing during the day and condense during the night ? Like @skt239 said, rice is something to consider, but I'd use a zip lock bag.

Last edited:

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That or you can grab some wd40 contact cleaner and hose it down from.topmto bottom inside and out and let dry for 30.mins if it is just a juice thing that will flush and clean it all out with no residue plus clean your contacts , had to use it on my cuboid a few times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never in my life thought I'd be cleaning the inside of electronics with liquids but I guess I'll eventualy give it a shot. Probably would have saved a few of the other mods I had that a lot of juice probably had gotten into. Might try the rice first but I heard white rice won't cut it. Still kind of in aww about that idea anyway. You guys must have tried it with rice before, right? Also, how does the isopropyl dissolve inside a mod but not a plastic container?

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plastic container is closed so the alcohol can't evaporate.

You can also get contact cleaner from an electronics store is you really want to do it right but that's probably $5 instead of a $1 bottle of 90%+(highest % you can get) isopropyl.

VU Sponsors