Become a Patron!

Beginners Advice

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I am going to start to build . I was wondering if anyone could offer their opinion on the Steam Craven RTA'S? Would one of them be a good choice for me to start on? If not what do you suggest? It has to be something that Element Vape or Vape Royalty has as they are they only two suppliers that ship to where I live since the flavor ban( unless you count China)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme V2 that is 25mm would be good one to start with.

Here's one:

I have both of these decks.
I'm used to the velocity style deck (#1) but the post less deck (#2) may be easier to build on.
All you need to do is get the coils the right length and drop them in.

1601699918575.png

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I have a Wotofo Profile RDTA and a bunch of Sub Ohm tanks. I started thinking about Becoming a bit more slf sufficient when most of the vape shops closed where I live because of a flavor ban and then PMTA happened

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only found a few vendors that won't ship hardware to Ma. Most will, as long as you don't have juice in your cart.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am going to start to build . I was wondering if anyone could offer their opinion on the Steam Craven RTA'S? Would one of them be a good choice for me to start on? If not what do you suggest? It has to be something that Element Vape or Vape Royalty has as they are they only two suppliers that ship to where I live since the flavor ban( unless you count China)
I know your talking rta's but my first rebuildable was a Dead Rabbit rda. It was super easy to build on.

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
Do you have to drip every time you take a hit off an rda?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Not if you have a squonk mod. And the RDA has a bottom feed [BF] 510 pin.
And depending on the RDA, you can get several/many hits one 1 drip.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme V2 that is 25mm would be good one to start with.

Here's one:

I have both of these decks.
I'm used to the velocity style deck (#1) but the post less deck (#2) may be easier to build on.
All you need to do is get the coils the right length and drop them in.

View attachment 170348

Agree with this. Both decks are easy peasy.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first was a dead rabbit rta. Damn near impossible to mess up building.
I have that RTA, and I had no issues building on it when I got it around 3 months ago. I also have a Geekvape Zeus X RTA, which was my first RTA, and it was also easy to build on.

My other RTAs are the Wotofo Serpent SMM and the Wotofo OFRF Gear RTA. Those are also very easy to build on.

I've been vaping for 3 years now, but I only started using RTAs around 4 months ago. The flavour is so much better than what I got with prebuilt coils and subohm tanks, plus the cost is so much less, since the coils can be cleaned and dry burnt and last about a month, and a little bit of cotton goes a long way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaperz Cloud Asgard Mini 25mm RDA. And if you like bigger builds, Asgard 30mm RDA and/or Valhalla V2 40mm RDA.

Flavor wise, the best flavor RTAs are simply no match for the best flavor RDAs. That is, barring only VERY few exceptions none of which are available from places you listed.

Flavor wise, the best flavor RTAs are simply no match for the best flavor RDAs. That is, barring only VERY few exceptions none of which are available from places you listed.
Completely agree with this. Interested in what you consider to be the RTAs that are exceptions?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Completely agree with this. Interested in what you consider to be the RTAs that are exceptions?
  • the 24mm Reload RTA by Reload Vapor USA for 27/36 Ni80 aliens 5 wraps 2.5mm ID dual coil at .11 ohms on a single battery mech
  • the 26mm Isolation RTA by Deathwish Modz for bigger, more powerful builds e.g. 30/36 Ni80 aliens 6 wraps 3.5mm ID dual coil at .32 ohms on a dual battery series mech
I call them exceptions only because, with SOME of juices I like, they have better flavor than the best flavor RDAs. E.g., Jam Monster Grape tastes better to me if using the 24 Reload RTA the way that I described above, at least if I carefully thin out the tip of the tail (not the whole tail, just the tip at the end...) on either end of each wick before I spread the tips out very finely and very evenly across the full width of the juice holes. Like this:

aliens.jpg Reload RTA.jpg

Thanks. I don't have either of those RTAs but the airflow on the Reload looks similar to that of the Advken Manta which I do like and has great flavour (for an RTA). I've noted before how certain atomizers seem to favour certain flavour profiles. I think how they handle temperature and the resultant warmth of the vape plays a big part in this. I think that's why mesh setups like the Unity seem to perform better with fruits than with deserts/bakeries as they always tend to vape cool.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I don't have either of those RTAs but the airflow on the Reload looks similar to that of the Advken Manta which I do like and has great flavour (for an RTA). I've noted before how certain atomizers seem to favour certain flavour profiles. I think how they handle temperature and the resultant warmth of the vape plays a big part in this. I think that's why mesh setups like the Unity seem to perform better with fruits than with deserts/bakeries as they always tend to vape cool.
The Manta, although not half bad, is not in the same league as the 24mm Reload RTA.

VU Sponsors