Become a Patron!

Best battery for mech

Morry27

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi All, newbie here, I am using Sony VTC 5s in my sub zero comp mod with the sub 24mm RDA. my favourite builds are 22 and 20 gauge at anything from 0.16 to .0.2 and I'm getting great clouds and flavour and love mech mods and drippers. I do notice however that larger coils take longer to fire up properly. Is this just an unavoidable trade off of asking too much of the single battery ? if so is there a better rated battery out there ?
Advice appreciated.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Vct5 are good batteries. They might just be worn out. Samsung 25r are good or if you wanna build lower lg hb6

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Morry27

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cheers for that, they might need replaced. I would like to go lower but when I put the numbers into Steam Engine anything below .0.14 ish and punch in the VTC 5 preset option it tells me the headroom is negative, I'm no electrical expert but I assume that's not good which leads me back to wondering if I'm using the best cell.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Vct5 is a 25 amps cell. 25r is 25 amps cell. Hb6 is 30 amps cell

Morry27

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They claim 30 amp on the Sony but I read somewhere or Reddit that may not be the case. If what you say is true also perhaps I'm best switching to the Hb6 assuming their numbers are true ?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
They claim 30 amp on the Sony but I read somewhere or Reddit that may not be the case. If what you say is true also perhaps I'm best switching to the Hb6 assuming their numbers are true ?
Hb6 is the highest amp battery but of course the trade off is 1500 mah only

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hb series or 25r is all I use now. Retired from using vtc4s when Liionwholesale.com stopped carrying them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Dunc23

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cheers guys, I might give these Hb's a try
So I'm also pretty new to this mech mod stuff but I too just ordered the sub ohm subzero mech mod and mike vapes has a video review of the subzero and says he does any use anything but the white lg batteries for something like the subzero or any mech mod I guess. He states they are 30 amp with 2500mah I believe. Might want to google the video

Dunc23

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm also pretty new to this mech mod stuff but I too just ordered the sub ohm subzero mech mod and mike vapes has a video review of the subzero and says he does any use anything but the white lg batteries for something like the subzero or any mech mod I guess. He states they are 30 amp with 2500mah I believe. Might want to google the video
I'm sorry they are as the other member stated 30 amp and 1500 mah which mike vapes says he uses in all his mech mods hb6

Dunc23

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry they are as the other member stated 30 amp and 1500 mah which mike vapes says he uses in all his mech mods hb6
Cheers for that, they might need replaced. I would like to go lower but when I put the numbers into Steam Engine anything below .0.14 ish and punch in the VTC 5 preset option it tells me the headroom is negative, I'm no electrical expert but I assume that's not good which leads me back to wondering if I'm using the best cell.
There are a new hb6 lg battery that are pink instead of the off white. Supposedly they better than before

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
VTC5 is 20a, VTC5a's are 25a as per Mooch

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Cool beans. I still never recommend Sony batteries anyway. Too much uncertainty

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The easy answer is HB6 it will let you build the lowest.
The real answers is it depends on the resistance of the build you intend to use, so you should get a battery most suitable based on performance and rating for that resistance.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Actually 25r handles my builds better than hb cells.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I'm aware of the general consensus of these cells...
Doesn't change how they perform for me though.
I use hb2, hb4, hb6 (both colors), vtc3, vtc4 and 25r.
I thought hb was the end all battery for my vaping until I got 25r... that's my new end all battery...

Morry27

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'm aware of the general consensus of these cells...
Doesn't change how they perform for me though.
I use hb2, hb4, hb6 (both colors), vtc3, vtc4 and 25r.
I thought hb was the end all battery for my vaping until I got 25r... that's my new end all battery...

Martnargh I am interested how low in resistance you go with the HB6 and 25r ?

VU Sponsors