Become a Patron!

Best cotton

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hello all, I recently ran out of Cotton Bacon V2 and I had some Koh Gen Do lying around and I have to say this stuff is terrible so far. I also have some Firebolt as well and I don't like it much either, because it doesn't hold up very well; I kept getting dry hits and ultimately burned it out of the coil on accident. I had no clue cotton was such a big deal until I tried inferior brands.

Anyway, what cotton do you all like best for flavor, durability, longevity, and ease of use? Let me know which brand and why so I can go ahead and get me some!!!

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is the Cotton Bacon Prime that much better?
Vs v2 ? Can't say, never used V2 or the OG. Google cotton bacon v2 vs prime and you'll get 1000 different answers, lol.
Just have to try a few and see what works best for you.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I used CB, CBv2, and Prime. Still use Prime a few yrs now, best of those 3. You'd like it better than V2. Want a sample?

I found something I like and never really ventured out for something diff. Had some strings for mesh and coils but wasn't as good for me.

I'd like to try rayon, esp if I had a sample loll.... :rolleyes:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I find cb to have a taste to it even after break in that u either notice or u dont (kinda like ni80)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Cotton Bacon V2 and Dat White Stuff, mostly

Have used rayon from time to time, but I'm just more comfortable with cotton.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
There was, maybe still is, some fake CB around. There was a way to tell by the ink on the pkg.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to try rayon, esp if I had a sample loll
Drop your addy in PM and it's done, lol.

I find cb to have a taste to it even after break in that u either notice or u dont (kinda like ni80)
Some say they can taste rayon, this or that cotton, so 1000 different answers. Sometimes I think I taste nickel, sometimes I don't....

Alot of people say that Kendo gives the best flavor. I haven't tried it but will now that I've looked around a bit.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Good thread until it goes off off the rails, lol. 5150 has some pics up of the fake CB.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have abut 52 feet of 13 foot cotton, gonna last awhile... good to see ya Crom . I was thinking about you this last week, were those objects the AF were shooting at your people? :cool:
Naah we are exact duplicates in every way of those we replace on this planet. No need to go sneaking around. I would not recommend that humans do an recreational ballooning though ;)

And OT NO Rayon for me. Dry hits on cotton are bad enough. With Rayon they are like breathing the atmosphere of Venus.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still like the organic Muji cotton pads, although I might try some of that "13 Feets" stuff too. Keep thinking I'll eventually twist some rayon and cotton together to try a blended wick. For some reason, I suspect @The Cromwell using some kind of anti-progress (congress) ray, I never do actually do that.

Maybe I'm just too lazy, too. *chuckles*

ETA: Actually tried it sitting here. Did not use as wick. Twisted cotton & rayon together, though. See, to do it right, a person would need to use a technique used with fleece.

You'll have to "card" them together. The fibers of each just are not receptive to bond together by simple twisting. Carding them together would "open" the fibers of each, letting them bond.

No, I'm not talking about molecular level stuff. This is just basic common physical material stuff. The two fiber types just seem keen to repel each other.

Using "cards" like below would let the fibers open and come together.

proxy-image

Anybody has worked up fleece into wool more than likely will understand the process. Once you get both together, then yes, you can twist or "spin" it together as one "thread/skein". It will, then, stay together too. Otherwise, you can twist it up together all you want, but it will pull itself apart. That makes it untenable to work with for making wicks.

Last edited:

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mainly use CB prime or V2 but bought quite a few other brands to see and so far I've liked hellvape (laces or lump) and COTN lump.

Also can't go wrong with koh gen do or muji and I have a very large box of rayon that's still half full that I may finish one day or send samples to let people that haven't tried it try it

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors