Become a Patron!

Best RDA or RDTA for flavor?

Hi everyone,

Good day to you.

May I ask which one do you think gives better flavor when it comes to an atomizer? Is it an RTA or an RDTA? ( i did not mention RDAs because in general, they all can produce a good flavor). I've tried wasp nano RDA, kylin v1 RTA by vandy vape and ammit RTA by geekvape but so far the kylin is still the best I've tried even though i lost the 2 RTAS and now only have the RDA with me.

Therefore, I am planning to buy a new RTA because it's quite troublesome to re-dropping juice for an RDA after a few puffs.

So my question is which RTA is the flavor banger that you like? I've been watching videos and posts on youtube and internet but the more i do, the more i get confused with which one is the best one to go for.

I prefer a dual coil atomizer because i think the more coil ->the more vapor->the more flavor.

Looking forward to your answer and thank you in advance.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think there's good and bad of both. I love great flavor but the draw style and amount of airflow becomes a factor as well. I've had some atomizers that I didn't like at first but grew to love them with different builds.

Right now I'm loving the Arbiter for dual coils. I love Steam Craves Aromamizer Supreme series. I have some of the V2.1 (I believe?) and they deliver incredible flavor. I'm talking about the postless deck but they have others too. Stuff like the Griffin series, Wotofo Bravo or Asmodus Dawg with bottom airflow vape great too.

My favorites for single are: Destiny, Armamizer Lite, and Ammit 25. They all have their own flaws but they give me great flavor.

I don't have many of the newer RDTAs but I used an Avocado 24 and Limitless Gold for a long time. My last one might've been the Mato which was good but not "knock your socks off" great.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
May I ask which one do you think gives better flavor when it comes to an atomizer? Is it an RTA or an RDTA?
my question is which RTA is the flavor banger that you like?
I prefer a dual coil atomizer because i think the more coil ->the more vapor->the more flavor.
Best flavor RDA/RDTA/RTA...some are better than others so imo it depends on which ones your comparing each other to. ie a single coil RTA might be better than an RDA.

RDTA has coil(s) at top near mouth like an RDA so flavor could be comparable. Could be good if you don't like to drip like an RDA but imo that would be the only reason since to me they're good for only that, unless you want capacity and get one you can squonk, but then might as well be an RDA.

Maybe you'd rather squonk an RDA?

The RTA's I mostly use are single coil. Single can be as good or better than dual, just depends on what's being compared.

For RTA, lately I've been mostly using Doom X, Juggerknot MR, GT IV, Kylin Mini.

I think there's good and bad of both. I love great flavor but the draw style and amount of airflow becomes a factor as well. I've had some atomizers that I didn't like at first but grew to love them with different builds.

Right now I'm loving the Arbiter for dual coils. I love Steam Craves Aromamizer Supreme series. I have some of the V2.1 (I believe?) and they deliver incredible flavor. I'm talking about the postless deck but they have others too. Stuff like the Griffin series, Wotofo Bravo or Asmodus Dawg with bottom airflow vape great too.

My favorites for single are: Destiny, Armamizer Lite, and Ammit 25. They all have their own flaws but they give me great flavor.

I don't have many of the newer RDTAs but I used an Avocado 24 and Limitless Gold for a long time. My last one might've been the Mato which was good but not "knock your socks off" great.
Thank you for your reply.

I've just now remembered having the very first Zeus atomizer by geekvape (not a tank but a rebuildable one) when it first came out, and it seemed to me that the ones with top airflow give worse flavor than the bottom airflow ones (not sure if this is true) because the Zeus I had was not able to provide me with any decent flavor regardless of different builds I tried on it.

Usually, I build dual coils at 0.35 ohm and vape it at 50-60w.

I am here in the Philippines and there are not so many options for RTAs on the market so it's really hard to pick one.

I would love to hear your recommendation on which one the majority likes the most.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Top airflow flavor is much better, very good, compared to those early ones. I'm not happy without extremely good flavor or I wouldn't use MR.

Have you considered Squonk/RDA?

If you would buy online, could you link where?

Best flavor RDA/RDTA/RTA...some are better than others so imo it depends on which ones your comparing each other to. ie a single coil RTA might be better than an RDA.

RDTA has coil(s) at top near mouth like an RDA so flavor could be comparable. Could be good if you don't like to drip like an RDA but imo that would be the only reason since to me they're good for only that, unless you want capacity and get one you can squonk, but then might as well be an RDA.

Maybe you'd rather squonk an RDA?

The RTA's I mostly use are single coil. Single can be as good or better than dual, just depends on what's being compared.

For RTA, lately I've been mostly using Doom X, Juggerknot MR, GT IV, Kylin Mini.

For I am using aegis legend 2, I am not planning to buy a squonk mod ( not really a fan of it) but thanks for your recommendation.

Since I had a good experience with the original kylin by vandy vape and you mentioned you've been using kylin mini, could you please share some experiences with it? Is it good in terms of flavor compared to the other RTAs you mentioned?

Thank you.

Top airflow flavor is much better, very good, compared to those early ones. I'm not happy without extremely good flavor or I wouldn't use MR.

Have you considered Squonk/RDA?

If you would buy online, could you link where?
I am using legend 2 + waps nano right now and dripping continuously is kinda troublesome to me for daily use but I do like the flavor coming out of it.

I bought my stuff from local stores in the Philippines and on Shoppe.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Since I had a good experience with the original kylin by vandy vape and you mentioned you've been using kylin mini, could you please share some experiences with it? Is it good in terms of flavor compared to the other RTAs you mentioned?
I remember the og dual coil Kylin had deck leaking issue for some, and they sent out replacement decks, so good that you had good experience w/it.

For the MIni, af is loose restricted wide open so it can have more af than the others I mentioned, or can be closed for not as open. I like it open. Super flavor. Wicking is tedious and will take trial/error to pinpoint it for your use. imo its one that is wicked depending on user...how hard the draw and for how long, and the wattage, will dictate the amount of wick and how dense you have it in the wicking channels. I'd take picks so you can look back at what worked, till its second nature.

As far as comparing to others I mentioned, they are all a little diff from each other. AF slightly diff, wattage, builds ,,, they all do have one thing in common, when I vape them I go mmm thats good !
;)

I remember the og dual coil Kylin had deck leaking issue for some, and they sent out replacement decks, so good that you had good experience w/it.
Exactly it did have a leaking issue for mine after a few months but still loved it for the flavor experience it gave me.

Thanks for the very helpful info. I guess I will do some more research to find out which one fits my preferences the most.

Much appreciated!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Sure. Interested in what your lookin at. Link them when you find them?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I've just now remembered having the very first Zeus atomizer by geekvape (not a tank but a rebuildable one) when it first came out, and it seemed to me that the ones with top airflow give worse flavor than the bottom airflow ones (not sure if this is true) because the Zeus I had was not able to provide me with any decent flavor regardless of different builds I tried on it.

Usually, I build dual coils at 0.35 ohm and vape it at 50-60w.

I am here in the Philippines and there are not so many options for RTAs on the market so it's really hard to pick one.

I would love to hear your recommendation on which one the majority likes the most.
Lots of people love the Zeus RTAs. I have some and thought they were alright. The Arbiter is way better though. There's lots of factors at play but as a whole, I think you're assessment is correct. I haven't noticed many top airflow RTAs that are/were among the elite. @Vape Fan is also correct though, they have been getting much better.

There's lots of people who will only buy top airflow RTAs. The main attraction is, they won't leak as easy. That's it. I don't have leaking problems with any of my RTAs because (hate to sound cocky), I know how to set them up properly. I've been using RTAs for years and years so I've played with wicking and decks a lot.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't post much lately, but wanted to add that I was pleasantly surprised at just how good the flavor is from the Arbiter, I agree with Just Frank. And recently, as far as rdtas go,. I am still very impressed with the Limitless Prime rdta, I just keep going back to it, even tho I usually drip.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm particularly fond of the Aromamizer Plus RDTAs. Been using them almost exclusively for over a year now. Now, THE BEST flavor RTA I ever had was The Tank by Scottua. They're quite pricey, but the flavor can't be beat!

Aromamizer

The Tank

Sure. Interested in what your lookin at. Link them when you find them?
I've decided that i will buy either GEAR rta ( I've read some posts and watch reviews on youtube it was considered as a flavor banger back in 2018) or DESTINY rta. Have you ever tried these two?

I don't post much lately, but wanted to add that I was pleasantly surprised at just how good the flavor is from the Arbiter, I agree with Just Frank. And recently, as far as rdtas go,. I am still very impressed with the Limitless Prime rdta, I just keep going back to it, even tho I usually drip.
Have you ever tried gear rta? I am wondering about flavor coming out from the arbiter and the gear rta.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've decided that i will buy either GEAR rta ( I've read some posts and watch reviews on youtube it was considered as a flavor banger back in 2018) or DESTINY rta. Have you ever tried these two?
I haven't owned either of those but I hear both are good.
I've also heard Augvape Druga RTA is a little better, I do own it, and it is very good.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you ever tried gear rta? I am wondering about flavor coming out from the arbiter and the gear rta.
The Gear is pretty small but it vapes nice. I like the Destiny better myself. It vapes really good with a bigger type coil in it. I'm sure you could be happy with either. If it's your only tank, be prepared to fill the Gear often.

The Druga has a more restrictive type draw but they kick some great flavor. You can use smaller coils and less wattage and it'll still perform well. It's a cheap little tank but definitely worth trying.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the Steamcrave Aromamizer plus v2 with mesh deck. Love the flavor out of this setup

VU Sponsors