Become a Patron!

Best Setup for $50?

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Looking for a copper tube 18650 mod, copper rda, 20awg kanthal, wicking and 2 batts for running 0.075 on rare occoasions and 0.125 regularly. Price limit is between 45-50. I found a setup on Fasttech has everything (smpl copper clone and copper Troll) for $43 but dont wanna wait a month or so for my stuff.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For 50 bucks youre pretty much going to have to wait unless a china distributor with a USA based warehouse has those items and, in stock..but expect to add in shipping as well...so it may go over 50 slightly.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And i hope you mean 0.750 ohm and not 0.075...lol

Dont skimp on shit batteries and shipping batteries from china will take a long time to get anyways.

You can get Samsung 25R's here in the usa for about 13 14 shipped from liionwholesale.com

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did it include batteries though? I have been told by a few when an order contains 18650s it takes at least a month. (mostly shop owners so big possibility they lied) I REALLY like the idea of the smpl being direct rda to battery connection and all copper. Just wish it had magnets on switch. I will go ahead and place the order in a few weeks. Just hope it handles 0.075 ohm loads when decide to fog out the house.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
May i ask what batteries you planned to get from fasttech to handle 0.075 ohms?

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And i hope you mean 0.750 ohm and not 0.075...lol

Dont skimp on shit batteries and shipping batteries from china will take a long time to get anyways.

You can get Samsung 25R's here in the usa for about 13 14 shipped from liionwholesale.com
Mean 0.075 but that will be very very rare occoasions. Fasttech has the VTC4s for 13& change for 2. Total order added up to $43 & includes free shipping. Site says 7-15 days but been told the batteries will delay order week or so. I just hate waiting. I'm the guy who places a order and 15 minutes later start checking mail box and tracking number every 10 minutes. I will be running 0.125 load normally but I got a m80+ I run as my around the house device and a eGo ONE when out and about. The mech will be for when Im gaming or showing off.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
nah didn't include batteries, wouldn't buy them from fasttech
Really, why? Been told they are authorized dealer. Problem is I wanna order it all from same company so it all arrives at same time. Hate waiting for stuff to complete what I got in hand. Local shop charges $15 a piece for vtc 4s. Wouldnt mind ordering two vtc 4s from liion but thatll set me about $55 due to shipping.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, the vtc4 is about as good as it gets so if its too much youll know it...anything under 0.20ohm is pushing your luck in my book with a 30 amp battery which is the best we get...I wont tell you its ok or its not because i dont know and will never vape that low to find out..lol...i guess its all chance.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Guess I will hit up vapecrawler and check for batteries. Only problem I got with ordering batteries seperatly is the seperate shipping cost really. The SMPL & Troll is only $22 with the new kanthal bigger coil jig and cotton that sit it around $30. So I guess I could hit up liion. I will go check them out.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was assuming at first you were doing that on a mech tube mod...in a regulated you may be a little more safe.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guess I will hit up vapecrawler and check for batteries. Only problem I got with ordering batteries seperatly is the seperate shipping cost really. The SMPL & Troll is only $22 with the new kanthal bigger coil jig and cotton that sit it around $30. So I guess I could hit up liion. I will go check them out.

Im sure you can scrape up 2 or 3 more dollars man...youll get what you want.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No way I could order 2 vtc 4s from liion because with shipping thats damn near $20. Someone from ecr gave me a link to some flashlight battery site that carried the vtcs and 25rs but cant find it for the life of me.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 25Rs wont be for your .075 ohm..forget about those especially on a mech mod...those are good for maybe .3 ohm tops and thats pushing it..I dont reccommend using those ...I reccommended up top 25r's thinking you were meaning .75 ohm..not .075.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I guess its vtc 4s.
You would be an extreme brave soul to use anything less than and youre still going to be pushing your luck with vtc4's that low especially in a mech mod...So ill still wish you that good luck and hope you have no mishaps.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please ask next of kin to post explosion pics in your will...I'm all about cheaping out, but not when it comes to a hybrid mech and batteries for a stupid-sub-ohm build.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am waiting to find a few vtc4s with free shipping or discount code. $20 for 2 batteries (with shipping) seems insane to me. Times like this I wish selling fakes as original batteries was a death penalty offence so I could find legit cheap ones without fear. trying to remember the site I was sent few days ago where they had 2 vtc4s with shipping for $15

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
skimp all you want on the mod and atty,but not the batteries ,never the batts unless you got really good hospital insurance !!!!

xstar are re-wrapped vtc4's ,but they are a mm longer because of the top cap x puts on them,so they may not fit in all your reg'd mods
So tgey are legit vtc4s? They are going to be put into an adjustable mod. Now I am wondering why the xStars are so cheap

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As long as they are legit I will go that route. A vtc4 is still a vtc4 no matter what its wearing correct?

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well if these xstars are legit I will grab some. Thinking they should work in the smpl. A mm or 2 isnt much so I dont see why it wont fit.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well if these xstars are legit I will grab some. Thinking they should work in the smpl. A mm or 2 isnt much so I dont see why it wont fit.
Did you by any chance see what some of the others were saying about how many amps you will be trying to pull on a vtc4 or any battery for that matter?

You seem to be a grown man and im not your daddy but i dont reccommend you attempt to vape that low..actually no lower than .2 ohm...if you had a dual battery mod such as a sigelei 100w or 150w i wouldnt be as concerned as 2 batteries split the load..but on a mech mod its just plain stupid.

A vtc4 is a maximum of 30 amps..you will be in 50 amp plus territory which is not safe one bit...you have a better chance of shitting you drawers when you fart than making it out without a mishap vaping that low which NO BATTERY for vaping is safe to do.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good point. I will explain my line of thought on it though. A VTC 4 has a constant amp rating of 30 and a pulse rating of 60 correct? I was just looking for this breakdown chart of the HB6 and VTC4 and an explanation of each but cant find it now.
Basically what it said was the 60amp was a 1second burst, 30 was 6sec or longer. 2sec it fell to about 56, 3sec to 47, 4sec to 43, 5sec 35 and then 6sec 30amps. Technically we are using the pulse not continous. That is in normal usage. I for example puff for 2-3 seconds.

I thought it posted but I guess it didnt so let me try again. The 0.075 wont be built but I will on rare days push 0.10 I say 0.075 just in case I miss a wrap. I personally know a guy pushing 0.09 with a King mod and sony vtc4. He was the one who broke all the pulses and stuff down. I never heard of the HB6 until he mentioned it. According to him it pushes 35A constant and is new stock versus the discontinued vtc4. He is a shop owner too soo Im not too trusting of him. I have a doge on the way today so I will be able to spend a little more on batteries and mod now. Thinking I will just run 0.25 normally and 0.125 rarely now. That way I can bulk build the coils all the same.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know its pretty grey area, but is there a way to test these numbers personally WITHOUT blowing my face off? I usually puff for 2-3 seconds. so I was thinking maybe 40amp would be closer to reality. Not too sure how they come up with these numbers, plus I've never heard of the HB6.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a m80+ with gct and rda head. Wanting mechanical. plus dont like the look of the isticks

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know its pretty grey area, but is there a way to test these numbers personally WITHOUT blowing my face off? I usually puff for 2-3 seconds. so I was thinking maybe 40amp would be closer to reality. Not too sure how they come up with these numbers, plus I've never heard of the HB6.
You're correct we are using pulse. But let me ask you, what if the button sticks? Or you place it in you're pocket and it fires, or like me, stick it in significant others purse and it fires without you noticing in 2-3 seconds?
Also, when you max out batteries not only are you going to run them to need a recharge faster but you are also stressing the battery, which will affect it's lifespan and potential failure when continuous use occurs.
Any also let me say China mods aren't known for the best battery venting. No venting or very little, you're holding a pipe bomb.
Also NEVER use an atomizer with a flush or recessed 510 pin on a hybrid mod. Dead short.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but you need to be safe, plain and simple, accidents happen, some can be avoided....

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I can definitly see your point. Thing is this setup will never be carried around and wont be used daily. I'll put more thought into this.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Youll know when shits gettin ready to go bad. How? Your mod will get really hot, because your battery will get really hot. Its pretty easy to judge when things are fine and when to set it down.

Heres where I get all my batteries. Best prices around. http://trianglevape.com/batteries/

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Youll know when shits gettin ready to go bad. How? Your mod will get really hot, because your battery will get really hot. Its pretty easy to judge when things are fine and when to set it down.

Heres where I get all my batteries. Best prices around. http://trianglevape.com/batteries/
Thats what I figure. I ordered my copper smpl, vtc 4, kanthal and cotton bacon v2.0 so cant wait to fog out friends houses hahahaha

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Awesome, I hope they run into the wall trying to get to the bathroom :p

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea they gonna hate me lol. I havr actually thrown a 0.125 build on my m80 and push it up to full 80w. While a buddy was snoozin I blew about 10 lungfulls of pure vg in his 10x10 game room where he was and shut he door. Fire alarm went off you could here him jump up and trip over stuff while he was yelling, cussing and praying. Then I heard him say something like why the hell does the smoke smell like f**king fruit......needless to say he started cussing me.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea they gonna hate me lol. I havr actually thrown a 0.125 build on my m80 and push it up to full 80w. While a buddy was snoozin I blew about 10 lungfulls of pure vg in his 10x10 game room where he was and shut he door. Fire alarm went off you could here him jump up and trip over stuff while he was yelling, cussing and praying. Then I heard him say something like why the hell does the smoke smell like f**king fruit......needless to say he started cussing me.
HA! Thats funny as hell.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish I had a hells gate running two 0.09 rdas and fully charged vtcs next time I go to my firefighter friends house. I would just keep freight training it til I get really dizzy then screaming fire fire delicious smelling fire and run out and see how good his training pays off lol. Yes, in my group of friends.......I am "THAT" guy

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wish I had a hells gate running two 0.09 rdas and fully charged vtcs next time I go to my firefighter friends house. I would just keep freight training it til I get really dizzy then screaming fire fire delicious smelling fire and run out and see how good his training pays off lol. Yes, in my group of friends.......I am "THAT" guy
Sounds like a valuable training opportunity to me. People could hire you as an in home fire drill. You might also get hired by some rave or night club...as the fog machine. Better get those lungs in shape!

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am more of the asshole in the group who pulls the practical jokes that only I find funny

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its just a time lag. They will see the humor in a couple years, but when they tell the stories, the last part may contain the term 'dickhead'. I've been the focus of a few stories myself.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Moral of the story.........we will always be remembered and the stories/legends of our "anicdotes" will be told for centuries. Just like the G-14 Classified EXTREMELY INSANE mod I been slowly building for about a year now will be the stuff legends are made of....12 volts......440 amps.......enough said.......whether its a tragic or mythically and epically awesome will be decided by the outcome.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Check csvape.com I always buy my stuff from this website and the shipping is so fast .. it takes from 24-48 hours to arrive ...
Well, thought I already posted this, but, found a few shops I fully trust and is dirt cheap. 1) Genuine Cells for all my battery needs 2) 3F Vape for all my other hardware. As for liquid, I buy from here and there but MOST of my stuff comes from manufacturers/vendors now for reviewing. I look for companies with established history when I do purchase for myself personally.

VU Sponsors