Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Big Tobacco Reinvents the wheel
Posted by brian yaeger on 6/27/2014 to Vapor comments
spacer.gif

Once again big tobacco is at it again. They have been trying to reach there tentacles into the electronic cigarette industry for years now so it comes as no surprise to me that they would try to reinvent the wheel. They announced they would be coming out with a device that would still allow people to still buy cigarettes, but this device would heat up the tobacco inside a tube where you would place the cigarette. The new system called the Marlboro IQOS system heats the tobacco inside the tube to 660 degrees Fahrenheit to give users a tobacco flavor vaping experience. I myself am very skeptical about this. It raises the question are you still getting all the same chemicals as a real cigarette would deliver. This seems like just another attempt by the Big Tobacco companies to undermine the much healthier alternative we all have come to love. I just can’t see myself trusting companies that are responsible for millions of deaths. They are testing this new product in Japan right now so we will see how it all plays out in the near future.

I read the AP release...I doubt Phillip Morris has anyone's health in mind. It's like after Super Size Me was released and McD's started offering salad with salad dressing having just as much calories as a Big Mac to begin with.

VU Sponsors