Become a Patron!

bigger or tighter airflow for less juice

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually with more airflow people use more power as to not drown out the flavor with air. More power in turn uses more juice.
You don't have to have wide open airflow for a good vape. I usually stick with air half open and between 35 and 50 watts. Depends on the coils though. Some are made to run higher power. But if you close the air too much it gets hot. With drop in coils it's usually the coil that is the culprit of juice consumption

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Dwiputra

Member For 3 Years
Usually with more airflow people use more power as to not drown out the flavor with air. More power in turn uses more juice.
You don't have to have wide open airflow for a good vape. I usually stick with air half open and between 35 and 50 watts. Depends on the coils though. Some are made to run higher power. But if you close the air too much it gets hot. With drop in coils it's usually the coil that is the culprit of juice consumption

so you mean tighter airflow more juice consumtion?assuming using the same power

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can close down the air and it will just give a warmer vape. Not really use more juice. What tank are you using? Just about all tanks with mesh coils suck up juice but are my favorites by far for flavor. A trade off really but worth it to me. Mesh coils heat super fast so suck up more juice to wick properly.
It really depends on the power. Not airflow.

Dwiputra

Member For 3 Years
You can close down the air and it will just give a warmer vape. Not really use more juice. What tank are you using? Just about all tanks with mesh coils suck up juice but are my favorites by far for flavor. A trade off really but worth it to me. Mesh coils heat super fast so suck up more juice to wick properly.
It really depends on the power. Not airflow.

im using kayfun lite with 1.1ohm 15watt

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't think you'd use that much juice with that setup. I've got my billet boxes set in the 20 watts and only use about the ml a day. Depending on what country you're in there are tons of sites that sell cheaper juice than what you'd pay in a store.

Dwiputra

Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't think you'd use that much juice with that setup. I've got my billet boxes set in the 20 watts and only use about the ml a day. Depending on what country you're in there are tons of sites that sell cheaper juice than what you'd pay in a store.

thats the promblem,im only using 1ml a day back than,and now 30ml salt nic only last me 3 weeks with the same juice and the same intensity

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you want to use less? That's what I was assuming. That you were asking because of too much juice consumption. 1ml a day is great if that's getting you through. I was using 15ml a day at one point. I'm down to about 6ml a day now

Dwiputra

Member For 3 Years
And you want to use less? That's what I was assuming. That you were asking because of too much juice consumption. 1ml a day is great if that's getting you through. I was using 15ml a day at one point. I'm down to about 6ml a day now

no,im just confused,30ml salt liquid last me 1month or more back than,but now it only last 3 weeks,what possibly wrong?im using the same liquid,the same intensity,same airflow

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you sure you're not vaping more?I'm not sure. I know with all the lock downs and some people not going out as much and vaping more

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Set it to whatever the airflow you require to make it an unsatisfying vape experience so that, next, you'll likely relapse back to smoking normal cigarettes and the juice consumption will automatically decrease.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Set it to whatever the airflow you require to make it an unsatisfying vape experience so that, next, you'll likely relapse back to smoking normal cigarettes and the juice consumption will automatically decrease.

Who denigrates and berates how others vape, again? The original poster was asking a valid question. They seemed to sincerely desire comprehending a way to reduce juice consumption.

No, you couldn't present a solution. You denigrate and berate instead. Do you have difficulty saying you don't know? Are so insecure you cannot admit not knowing?

There is much in vaping I do not know. Much in life I do not know either. I can admit that openly. It does not make me any less of a person to do so. I have done so in this forum and on the ECF forum both.

I still always suggest, "you vape the way you find suits you." I do not try intentionally, or even unwittingly to berate how some else vapes. Vaping as with much else is life is highly subjective. There's no absolute correct be all end all way to do it.

Excuse me.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Who denigrates and berates how others vape, again?
It's just a simple strategy that works, hopefully in the particular sense that it helps to logically explain you can't expect the vape experience to not suffer as a direct result from merely messing around with the airflow setting in such a way that all the other parameters except for the wattage are simply being ignored.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's just a simple strategy that works, hopefully in the particular sense that it helps to logically explain you can't expect the vape experience to not suffer as a direct result from merely messing around with the airflow setting in such a way that all the other parameters except for the wattage are simply being ignored.

Why then not explain there are various factors involved? It is just as simple to state, honest and not denigrating of another. Is it because with various factors openly stated, you'd need to admit to not knowing?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why then not explain there are various factors involved? It is just as simple to state, honest and not denigrating of another. Is it because with various factors openly stated, you'd need to admit to not knowing?
In various other threads I have already tried to explain it 100 times in the past. People overall still don't seem to be getting it so... without knowing any details of what the OP might be using, this is the most accurate answer I could think of.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
im using kayfun lite with 1.1ohm 15watt
In various other threads I have already tried to explain it 100 times in the past. People overall still don't seem to be getting it so... without knowing any details of what the OP might be using, this is the most accurate answer I could think of.

There you go. Three details are given. I know you may desire more. There's a way to ask for those without berating.

@Dwiputra,

What is the material of the coil wire you're using? Kanthal, NiChrome, Stainless Steel?

What material are you using to wick? Cotton, Steel mesh, Rayon?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There you go. Three details are given. I know you may desire more. There's a way to ask for those without berating.

@Dwiputra,

What is the material of the coil wire you're using? Kanthal, NiChrome, Stainless Steel?

What material are you using to wick? Cotton, Steel mesh, Rayon?
With an RTA, 1.1 ohms can mean almost anything. At this point we still don't even know if it is the 22mm or the 24mm version of the Kayfun Lite so yeah... why HASN'T anyone asked yet, huh? ???

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With an RTA, 1.1 ohms can mean almost anything. At this point we still don't even know if it is the 22mm or the 24mm version of the Kayfun Lite so yeah... why HASN'T anyone asked yet, huh?
Either way a kayfun lite or any other kayfun is so far from your vape style you shouldn't even fucking be in this thread. That's like me only using pods telling you go go get cancer and die from cigars because you vape 90watts plus. Seriously. Tell the op to quit vaping and get cigarettes. What a fucking douchenozzle. And I'm not a moderator now so you can shove all that holier than though you're a stupid mod up your Fuckin ass. You literally like everything else have no clue. You're so goddamn smart why didn't you come up with a magical way for all of us to consume nicotine in the safe powerful way you see fit for all of us creatures that roam your earth. Please lord caramb bless us with your holy wisdom of fucking bullshit. We all know you're full of shit. If you're so goddamn smart why don't you produce some fucking proof of your genius. Goddamn doctorates or something. Like motherfuckin Elon Musk over here yall..

What a fucking loser. Lost your political thread so just going to run off people that actually need help.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
which one more consuming e juice?bigger airflow or tighter airflow?
Your airflow has little to do with juice consumption. It has more to do with your coil. Open airflow may create a larger cloud visibly but it will be thin, where if you have the airflow closed down it will be a smaller cloud but the vapor will be thicker. The coil will vaporize the same amount of juice no matter what.

Larger, complicated coils will hold more juice in the wick and they also have more surface area, so they vaporize more juice per hit. Perfect example: I use MTL fused claptons in some tanks and they go through juice faster than my round wire coils.

Try small ID round wire for less juice consumption. 2mm ID, 28 gauge, 7 or 8 wrap should do it. Keep in mind you may not get fantastic flavor, but you can close down your airflow to concentrate the hit resulting in more flavor without consuming more juice. Make sense?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
22 or 24 kflite doesn’t matter. Both versions have the same deck and airflow just a bigger tank.

To the op:
If you’re looking to to keep your juice consumption to a minimum and you can enjoy the vape with regular round wire and lower power, you’ll do well. You’ll probably be ok with a simple single core Clapton. It’s when you start using dual and quad core Claptons, with wide open airflow and higher power that you’ll notice a distinct increase in juice consumption.

my typical build is a single coil, quad core Clapton at 70w. At that build I’ll burn through a god 12-15 ml a day.
mid i drop that to single core and 30w, I may be able to drop my juice consumption in half.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Exactly. I am so glad there was at least someone who managed to figure that out! ?

My point still stands.

Yep, why didn't you?

It doesn't matter there's no difference. You brought it up, there could be a difference. Why did you not ask?

Easier for you to judge someone before hand, thereby relying on your prejudice, that this person is like the alleged 100s you've tried helping? Easier for you than admit not knowing? Easier for you to cower behind prejudice?

Sorry but I'm not seeing any other way to read your shit at this point. And even since you knew there was no difference, this ploy of yours reads as trolling, denigrating and berating others. If that's how you get entertained it's pathetic. It's also stupid, cowardly.

More courage is found lifting others up. More intellect is used bringing others to wisdom. Reckon you're not a daisy. Tsk, well I'll think better now on.

VU Sponsors