Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes - I've got my Atmizoo plugs sitting right here - still no damn Snails though.

I opened tickets with 3F and they wrote me with tracking links to 17track and I was like "yes - I can read 17track just as well as you - how about some real updates?"

I know it’s repetitive, but that is why you dispute charges, they are much more willing to help.

Open ticket with...”PayPal disputed”

Then the body, and stay firm. They will always say, “we can’t help if there is a dispute” which is a lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to give them a day or two to give me a real response, then that was my plan.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Then there is the whole time zone difference.

Sunday 11am - Thursday 11am you will get a response... after that they are closed for the day and weekend.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno - maybe.
It seems that sometimes the Kanger RBA positive pin is just barely making connection.
I'll try to look better next time it happens.

I think I'll hold off messing with the pin until I get my Snails and see if the problem goes away.

I did seal the pin with some food-grade silicone - following a tutorial I saw on the Planetofthevapes forum - I couldn't believe how much juice had already seeped down in just a couple weeks use.

I also now cut a piece of Muji into a U shape and place it under my Bro just like a condensation plug - it works great - my BB stays really dry now.
The reason I bring that up is because I've dealt with it myself and with some other guys on ECF and every time it was the coneection between the key and the chimney.

EXCEPT when somebody was trying to use a regular Kanger rba with the Billet Box which in that case, it was the shorter pin on the standard rba.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And just to show that I actually joke (fuck) with all people... some random post on FB of a dude hating on USPS for in state delivery...

To where people a few states away getting their items before same state delivery

4d4b04c6fcda9a1b84a6873b3ab291e9.jpg
How did you get your hands on their internal training videos?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So not only is the Alien $165, but the ultem replacement tank is another $39.95.

Fuck that twice.

Now, that is all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The replacement tank alone is more than I have paid for all but one of my bridges. And the other only beats it by a nickel :giggle:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That really is an outrageous price for a BB rba. They're going to charge what people will pay though. I think what's going on is that these are small companies with limited manufacturing capability so they need to get a ALOT per unit rather than make their money by charging less, but selling more. They sell all of them every time. It's just a matter of how much they can get for each one.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’d get the clone snail, then get the oring kit... you will then have the rubber condensation deal

So what $30 from China for the full kit? and $25 from Atmizoo

$55. And you get the upgraded seals
Ever since that first night where I had some trouble, I've had no leaking issues whatsoever. None. It's sitting here in front of me waiting to be rewicked and I haven't had a drop of leaking through a few tanks of liquid. There will probably be a little condensation in the well though. There wasn't too much last time. And mine is the clone. :huh:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ever since that first night where I had some trouble, I've had no leaking issues whatsoever. None. It's sitting here in front of me waiting to be rewicked and I haven't had a drop of leaking through a few tanks of liquid. There will probably be a little condensation in the well though. There wasn't too much last time. And mine is the clone. :huh:

For me its not so much the amount of condensation a Boro has, but without the rubber deal, you're pulling air from around the panels etc... and there is always a lil moisture on the panels from traditional Boros... or at least from my experience there always has.

With the rubber deal underneath, I can actually siphon juice from the tank, all the way up the chimney... for it seals that well to where just plugging the 3 fins its nearly air tight.

Like when I build, then fill, rather than waiting to see if it wicks fine, I just take a small tug with the fins plugged and it sucks juice in and starts the vacuum instantly... rather than take a few rips waiting

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I went with US-Express Line 1 (4PX) for shipping with 3F. ePacket has been China Post and has been shitty. Is 4PX any better?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I went with US-Express Line 1 (4PX) for shipping with 3F. ePacket has been China Post and has been shitty. Is 4PX any better?

In my observation 4PX gets out of China fairly quickly...

It’s what I used for the Goon 22 and Drip tips, made it state side in 4 days (24 ship designation on items)

It’s after that 4 days it took 17 more to make it to my mail box, with tracking nonexistent after making it to Compton... it updated as out for delivery the day of delivery but no movement updates

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my observation 4PX gets out of China fairly quickly...

It’s what I used for the Goon 22 and Drip tips, made it state side in 4 days (24 ship designation on items)

It’s after that 4 days it took 17 more to make it to my mail box, with tracking nonexistent after making it to Compton... it updated as out for delivery the day of delivery but no movement updates

Okay good to know. So no tracking on the Snail, no tracking on the Seal Kit. WTF is this, the 90s?!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay good to know. So no tracking on the Snail, no tracking on the Seal Kit. WTF is this, the 90s?!

There is tracking all the way, and tracking leaving China til it hits land here... its unreliable after... BUT! it still tracks til it hits your mailbox... but that 14+ day of no updates on tracking is the suck part... then it updates when its delivered and the whole transit line it took LOL

EDIT: Example of my recent order...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And now for today's free tip.

Don't get too much contact cleaner on an LCD screen.

I killed the one in my Nugget today doing that by accident and had to take the one out of my other nugget with the broken switch and put it in the working one. :headbang:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see you pulled the Xeta back out. Or put it back in, depending on how you look at it.
The last two times I built both of them they have been fantastic. I mean like exacty what I would ask for. Idk what I did different from when I was getting the gurgling, but I sure hope it keeps up.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The last two times I built both of them they have been fantastic. I mean like exacty what I would ask for. Idk what I did different from when I was getting the gurgling, but I sure hope it keeps up.
That's still a great one. My one big con is that they should have made the top of the wicking ports on the cap rounded instead of squared off. Those square corners up there make no sense at all.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's still a great one. My one big con is that they should have made the top of the wicking ports on the cap rounded instead of squared off. Those square corners up there make no sense at all.
I agree on the slots. I always liked the Xeta, just not more than the shell. Right now, at least as much. One thing about the Xeta for me anyway, no leaking, at all, ever.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Which one you looking for?

I always get it wrong, but RNB I think. One blue I don't have. Dirt Pie, kinda sorta. And I change my mind daily on Unicorn Poo. So far when I see it's there, I don't even try.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They do show the available colors the night before on their site.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree, and that pic Don posted actually shows it much better, imo.
Thought you already had an RPG?
Don't think you have an RNB...that's the dark blue you are ISO.
What's a matter you anyway?
Snap out of it before your wife smothers you with your pillow in your sleep
:snapoutofit:

Edit Just say no to the Poo

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thought you already had an RPG?
Don't think you have an RNB...that's the dark blue you are ISO.
What's a matter you anyway?
Snap out of it before your wife smothers you with your pillow in your sleep
:snapoutofit:

Edit Just say no to the Poo
Correct sir. Have RPG, ISO RNB. Wife gonna kill me anyway, might as well go out with some billets :tantrum: still thinks you are the devil, so you die and I am the hero :wave:

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think RPG as they listed is RPG... Dark Blue I think is this
906b772c37cc455e1abf4af5c9a0db06.plist

RPG is Royal Purple Grey or just grey by the way it looks. RNB is Royal Navy Blue which would be what's in the picture above. The other blue is the BX series which is Baby Blue.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree on the slots. I always liked the Xeta, just not more than the shell. Right now, at least as much. One thing about the Xeta for me anyway, no leaking, at all, ever.
Yep, when I take it out to rewick it, the boro just falls out.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't remember if this has been brought up, but there's a guy on ECF saying that the difference with the new gaskets from Atomizoo for the Snail is the material and not the design.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't remeber if this has been brought up, but there's a guy on ECF saying that the difference with the new gaskets from Atomizoo for the Snail is the material and not the design.

Yup, dude at atmizoo said the same thing on their FB page.

Less shrinkage I think was what I took away from it.

VU Sponsors