Become a Patron!

Blueberry Cake Donut recipe (advise needed)

What is the best manufacturer or fruit flavor concentrates?

• TPA

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • FA

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Capella

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright so basically I'm trying to create a clone of "Blueberry - Donut Juice" by Marina Vape. I'm very new to the DIY ejuice game (literally mixed one batch). My first attempt is as follows:

(TPA) Bavarian Cream - 1%
(TPA) Cheesecake (Graham Cracker) - 3%
(TPA) Frosted Donut - 4%
(TPA) Blueberry (wild) - 3.5%
(TPA) Blueberry (extra) - 3.5%
(TPA) Vanilla Swirl - 3%
(TPA) Sweet Cream - 2%
- Max VG, 6mg, 20% total flavoring.

The result of the initial batch without steeping was a sweet milky flavor. I got a decent blueberry taste (very very slight artificial taste). The "donut" element was non-existent. I believe I successfully created a, spot on, "blueberry milk", lol.

Anyways, I need to tweak the original batch. I'm looking for a cake donut flavor. The blueberry element was pretty good, maybe slightly too sweet. The overall flavor intensity is good so I want to stick around 20%. My plan for batch #2 is as follows:

(TPA) Bavarian Cream - 1.5%
(TPA) Cheesecake (graham cracker) - 3%
(TPA) Frosted Donut - 3%
(TPA) Blueberry (wild) - 4.6%
(TPA) Blueberry (extra) - 2.4%
(FW) Yellow Cake - 4%
(FA) Vienna Cream - 1.5%
- Max VG, 6mg, 20% total flavoring.

Based on my planned "batch 2" recipe, are there any changes you might think I need to make? Anything from changes to percentages, flavors, flavor manufacturers, etc. All advice is appreciated, but especially from people who have made a flavor like this or used these ingredients.

Aaaaand Go!

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know...impatient. I still have the rest of batch 1 currently steeping. Still want to get batch 2 started though bc I got a lot of my ideas from plain donut recipes online and I'm going for more of a cake donut flavor...which I obviously overlooked on my first attempt.

Frenchfry1942

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I steep a minimum of two weeks. Takes the issue off the table. You will not get the flavor you are looking for without it.

I use 5ml bottles. I make, at least, one 5ml sample every day. and track them on a spreadsheet. When that two weeks is up I have 5ml of "something" to test throughout the day since my taste buds are different throughout the day.

I continue to make 5ml samples, though. The first sample, that just wasn't quite right, I make again with adjustments and let it steep.

With this process, you will have more juice samples and bottles steeping than you will know what to do with.

If the 5ml sample is good, remake it at 10ml until it is good. After getting a good 10ml sample, you are probably ready to make as much as you want.

But, not having good practices is like putting food in the oven, closing the eyes, setting the temp and not looking at the clock to know when to take it out. It just doesn't work.

I use a spreadsheet and a lot of notes.

Buy, on Amazon, 50-100 x 5ml bottles, 50 x 10ml bottles and 50 larger-sized bottles for final products. All of my recipes have a number that I write on the bottle.

Start out with good practices and you will end up with good vapes.

Good luck!

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I steep a minimum of two weeks. Takes the issue off the table. You will not get the flavor you are looking for without it.

I use 5ml bottles. I make, at least, one 5ml sample every day. and track them on a spreadsheet. When that two weeks is up I have 5ml of "something" to test throughout the day since my taste buds are different throughout the day.

I continue to make 5ml samples, though. The first sample, that just wasn't quite right, I make again with adjustments and let it steep.

With this process, you will have more juice samples and bottles steeping than you will know what to do with.

If the 5ml sample is good, remake it at 10ml until it is good. After getting a good 10ml sample, you are probably ready to make as much as you want.

But, not having good practices is like putting food in the oven, closing the eyes, setting the temp and not looking at the clock to know when to take it out. It just doesn't work.

I use a spreadsheet and a lot of notes.

Buy, on Amazon, 50-100 x 5ml bottles, 50 x 10ml bottles and 50 larger-sized bottles for final products. All of my recipes have a number that I write on the bottle.

Start out with good practices and you will end up with good vapes.

Good luck!
Great advice! Makes a lot of sense. I'll prob use that method moving forward bc now I have about 25 ml of blueberry milk, lol.

VU Sponsors