Become a Patron!

Blueberry cream/yogurt help

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
So I have a pretty good mix so far i've been working with but I feel it needs a more prominent blueberry flavor. Ive tried upping the % in the bilberry but I almost feel like it takes away from what i'm working towards. Adding more FA cookie seemed to help but it needs something more, something the fine ladies and gents here at the VU may be able to help with :) You guys are the experts! So heres my simpleton mix so far...

3% FA Bilberry
1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Vienna Cream
(On occasion I'll add .25% TFA Brown Sugar Extra though i havnt noticed a difference in flavor)

If you have any good additions or suggestions i would love to hear them! Thank you again guys!

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking for a good Bilbery recipe. Getting some in on my next order. If your looking for more blueberry perhaps try reducing Bilberry and adding some TFA blueberry? The TFA BlueBerry is a very dry flavour perhaps the Bilberry will liven it up a bit.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of times if I want to try a new fruit flavor in a cream base, I'll use my standard 2% FA Vienna and 1% FA Fresh creams. Or 2% Vienna and 2% CAPs sweet cream as a good base. FA bilberry is great at .5% and will start to become realistic after a few day steep. Bilberry is one of those FA flavors that if you go too high it will not work. I loves me some Bilberry!

Last edited:

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fa bilberry is incomplete imo, for that conventional blueberry taste we all know and love. Ive tag teamed it with caps blueberry and had decent results, but it always seems to need some help.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For me, I have found if I boost with acai on a blueberry flavoring, it pops the blueberry flavor.

I use Acai at 1% or less. .5% tends to be good for me.

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
For me, I have found if I boost with acai on a blueberry flavoring, it pops the blueberry flavor.

I use Acai at 1% or less. .5% tends to be good for me.

What brand of Acai do you use? This is exactly what im looking for, other ingredients to make my blueberry pop!

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
A lot of times if I want to try a new fruit flavor in a cream base, I'll use my standard 2% FA Vienna and 1% FA Fresh creams. Or 2% Vienna and 2% CAPs sweet cream as a good base. FA bilberry is great at .5% and will start to become realistic after a few day steep. Bilberry is one of those FA flavors that if you go too high it will not work. I loves me some Bilberry!

Agreed, I've noticed the more bilberry i use the less bilberry i taste. Odd how that stuff works o_O I'll try .5% and see how it goes, thanks for the help!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As an after thought, if you try the acai, make sure you come back and let me know what you think of it.

I'd like to hear the input from other juice mixers.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I second the recommendation of FW blueberry.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I don't have sweet cream what can I use in place of it to be similar ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I don't have sweet cream what can I use in place of it to be similar ...

FA Vienna Cream or Fresh Cream, but they won't be quite as sweet IMO.
But you could add a couple drops of TFA Brown Sugar or FA Meringue to get some sweetness back.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh never thought that ,I will document next I miss place it.
thank you

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok so I made my first bilberry / blue berry mix and am enjoying it, still needs some work but I am @

Billberry 1.5%
Blueberry wild (TPA) 1.5%
Cotton Candy (TPA) .20%
Cream Fresh .55%

like I Said it is really good but it is missing some sweetness. Like previously stated gonna add either Meringue, Brown sugar or Marshmallow might dorp the cotton candy. Quite happy with the combo of Billberry and blueberry wild. Find it to be a quite realistic blue berry flavour not overpowering or chemical at all.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm trying to make a creamy Greek yogurt like we purchase . For some reason I can't get it to taste like any I purchase .
I've tried this and others . But something must be missing no matter the fruit.
Any luck on this missing link.
Hope someone can give input on this ..

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have not purchased a bottle of juice in over a year so unfortunately don’t know what your going for. Unless your not talking about a bottle of juice and just straight Greek yogurt. In that case have found the creamy / yogurt / dairy flavours are some off the hardest to nail down good luck.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A great Greek yogurt with fruit
All ones I've tried here and mine just are missing something
Like if I bought a fruit yogurt from some web sight. It's mind boggling what's missing .

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
Yeah I felt the mix I had was reminiscent of rocketman, I'm about to place another order of some different blueberry flavors, also acai as another member suggested. Maybe some dairy :cool:, I dig rocketmans flavor but its a bit light.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rocket man is fantastic but yes light on Taste.
But there's just something you know that we're missing .
I will try yours can't hurt at this point of all my mistakes here .
Thanks for trying

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Didn't see a blueberry dx by Fa
Will check out ...

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Didn't see a blueberry dx by Fa
Will check out ...

Not seeing a Blueberry DX on either BCV or ECX from any vendor. TFA has started using Fa on their new bottles, but we still call them TFA to differentiate from FlavorArt which we abbreviate as FA. FA does not make an American blueberry, they do make the European Bilberry.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, Every flavourart bottle ive seen, says FLAVOURART on it

VU Sponsors