Become a Patron!

BMI V1R4 BOX MOD HELP PLZ

I just started vaping to quit cigs and i have a BMI V1R4mod running on 2 MXJO 18650 3000mAh batteries. At 80.0 watts it reads 5.30 volts and 0.32ohms and the battery voltage reads at 7.95 i was wondering if this is a safe place to be vaping at ? or would i need to change something or get a new coil ?

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 10.55.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 10.56.11 PM.png

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Mod and coil seem fine. Chip is supposed to be one of the best. The batteries.. not so much. Don't repurchase. These are factory 2nd batteries and mis-labeled.
See
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nly-a-15a-20a-battery-but-near-an-hg2.710690/

Mooch is considered the "go to" guy for vapers in regards to batteries. If you want to know, ask Mooch. You want legit tests, he is your man. I do cloud chasing at super sub ohm.. MOOCH is the guy I talked to first! In other words.. when it comes to batteries, mooch is considered to be THE expert in vaping batteries.

The LG H2 are for sure, the real deal, and they don't have to pad their claims with false labeling. I had to check into those batteries. Never heard of them, but rule of thumb.. 30A is the max! And the higher the Amps the lower the MaH (battery run time), so a 3000mah battery actually is around 20A. Its math that I wont go into.

That said, those batteries might be ok. I wouldn't trust them due to the label. LG, Sony, Samsung.. all the way!

Pay special note to his comments...

• At 25A the temperature rose to 101°C. This is way too high for a cell operating at its CDR and is a degree above my safety limit of 100°C.
  • A single discharge at 35A was done to show the cell's performance at the rating on its wrap. The voltage quickly dropped to below 3.0V and the temperature skyrocketed to 119°C. This is an unsafe temperature and this is clearly not a 35A cell!
Personally, I like the Samsung 25r. I have seen them deliberately shorted and watched them vent out to full discharge without exploding.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors