Become a Patron!

(Box MOD) Battery 18650 configuration for 1.2ohm Coil

Hello friends, could you help me with this please, I am an electronics technician so you can also talk to me technically if necessary, I am making a mod, I understand that being a 1.2ohm Coil the current flow will be slower due to the resistance issue, at first I tried with only a 4volt 18650 battery (recently charged), and I practically have to leave the button pressed a few seconds for it to heat up slowly, seeing that 4volts does not work for me, I decided to connect 2 18650 batteries in series which generates 8.5 volts, when vaping with 8.5 volts the intensity of the heat is very high without counting that the Coil chars and I have to clean it after each use, my question is, should I regulate the battery voltage to 6 volts? to vape properly? Regarding the security measures, I made a short circuit suppressor system and also placed a selected thermistor at a certain temperature that stops the flow of current when detecting an exaggerated anomaly in the temperature of the current flowing through the thermistor. I would like to know at what voltage I should vape, do you think that 6 volts would be adequate to obtain good power without having to burn the Coil? I would like you to guide me on this topic Please, since I do not have enough experience in vaping or its appropriate configurations, I know that it is easier to buy a device already manufactured, but as an electronic I like to make my own devices😁👍🏻

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Here is a thread that discusses series mech builds.
When you are stuck with a set voltage then the ohms of the coil is your only option for adjusting power.
You'd probably have a better vaping experience with a regulated device. The homemade ones usually have a potentiometer to adjust the voltage.
Here's a small parts list for a box mod:

Edit: another site with parts and wiring schematics:

VU Sponsors