Become a Patron!

Brand New Nitecore Intellicharger I8 not charging batteries

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a Nitecore I8 from Li-Ion Warehouse, along with a pile of new batteries. I loaded said new batteries into said new charger, red light comes on indicating charging... a few minutes later red light changes to green, indicating charging is complete. Me: "Hmmm, that was fast..." I insert one of the batteries into one of my mods... 20% charge. Same thing happens with every battery I try, brand new or old. I tried the batteries in my Golisi 4-bay... they charge fine.

Anyone ever see this weirdness with the Nitecore? I have an email into li-ion to return/exchange the charger. Wondering if anyone else has ever seen this.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes I'm already in touch with customer service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any time I had to call usually because I screwed up an order there was no hold time and they are really good IMO with Customer Service.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have never heard of this, definitely a weird way for a charger to fail, and the I8 has been very good I don't think we've had any warranties on it yet. I'm sure we'll take care of you though, let me know if there's any issue.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never heard of this, definitely a weird way for a charger to fail, and the I8 has been very good I don't think we've had any warranties on it yet. I'm sure we'll take care of you though, let me know if there's any issue.

Green light indicating charge complete
c90964dbd3e9ecf14d8b033fb18e3e2f.jpg

Clearly not charged
6a70193aac64ce9035d794aaaaeda117.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, definitely not working.
I submitted the form on your website, Jon, along with the requisite photos, and I have an email going with Britni.

One other question, on your site you have the i8 listed as compatible with 21700s, but in the Nitecore documentation 21700 is not listed. Can you clarify?

Thanks for your help!

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I submitted the form on your website, Jon, along with the requisite photos, and I have an email going with Britni.

One other question, on your site you have the i8 listed as compatible with 21700s, but in the Nitecore documentation 21700 is not listed. Can you clarify?

Thanks for your help!

Great question. I looked into this. It's very marginal which is why it was listed as compatible. Most 21700/20700 do fit but the clearance is very tight. And on the 30T, which is one of the biggest 21700, it actually does not work, you have to slide it along the wrap to get it in which I consider unacceptable because it will wear the insulator/wrap.

So I've gone ahead and had our listing changed. Appreciate the feedback.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great question. I looked into this. It's very marginal which is why it was listed as compatible. Most 21700/20700 do fit but the clearance is very tight. And on the 30T, which is one of the biggest 21700, it actually does not work, you have to slide it along the wrap to get it in which I consider unacceptable because it will wear the insulator/wrap.

So I've gone ahead and had our listing changed. Appreciate the feedback.
Your company's customer service is unparalleled! Thank you!

VU Sponsors