Become a Patron!

BRAND NEW RX200 w/Crown Short

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello fellow vapers. Really wondering what is going on with my new RX200.

So i just took my new RX200 out of the box after charging new LG HG2 batteries and popped em in. After setting up the wattage and everything i put my SS Crown tank with 0.5 ohm coil on and tightened down only to see "Atomizer Short" when pressing the fire button. Also get "Atomizer Low" as well.

So, I took the tank off and screwed down a little less, it's reading now but the tank is slightly wobbly if i hold the mod in one hand and wobble tank very slightly with other. I kind of don't want to use this way in case it's kind of dangerous. It fires fine if i don't tighten down all the way but don't like that it has a tiny wobble to it.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else has come across this problem and if they fixed it. The box for my Red/Black RX200 says "V3.00" on it btw. Just need to know if there's a fix so the tank works when screwing it all the way down...?

Any help or suggestions on this problem would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

So i just took my new RX200 out of the box after charging new LG HG2 batteries and popped em in. After setting up the wattage and everything i put my SS Crown tank with 0.5 ohm coil on and tightened down only to see "Atomizer Short" when pressing the fire button. Also get "Atomizer Low" as well.

So, I took the tank off and screwed down a little less, it's reading now but the tank is slightly wobbly if i hold the mod in one hand and wobble tank very slightly with other. I kind of don't want to use this way in case it's kind of dangerous. It fires fine if i don't tighten down all the way but don't like that it has a tiny wobble to it.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else has come across this problem and if they fixed it. The box for my Red/Black RX200 says "V3.00" on it btw. Just need to know if there's a fix so the tank works when screwing it all the way down...?

not sure what to do about the crown not letting you tighten it all the way down but as for the tank wobble I have found at least 80% of my tanks wobble on it when fully screwed down so my solution was to put an eclyp on it and with that on there I can screw my tank all the way down and no wobble. Was going to use a heat sink instead of the eclyp but I didnt have any so the eclyp is what i used.

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, just was able to tighten my black crown 0.25 coil down all the way with no problems and put my SS crown on white koopor plus with no problems so I'll just have to not use the SS crown on my rx200 for now i guess.

Also Carp, you can't lock resistance unless using TC mode.

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll try that eclyp suggestion Manimal. Thanks guys for the quick responses!

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Mine is the same way, if you google it you will see there is a fault with some of them....did you get yours out of China? Gearbest had a whole crapload of the faulty ones....

Rock solid RX200 Tanks.
I purchased 4 RX200s. The tank wobble on all of them made me ill. Worse is that all the 'expert' YouTube stars that I rely on for good info seem to have missed this major problem. To be fair, I didn't notice right away because -whos looking for something so wrong? The problem is the airflow recession surrounding the 510 connection. In diameter it is larger than a 22mm tank. The bottom of the tank has no support. Aspire Titan/FreeMaxx/Starr,etc.
The wobble WILL cause damage at some point.
A 26/28mm tank has support because of its larger diameter.

What I have done to correct this is use 2 black Buna rubber O-rings from Crown Bolt that I bought at HomeDepot.
7/8"x3/4"x1/16" # 84248 @ $0.68
3/4"x5/8"x1/16" # 84268 @ $0.84
The first O-ring is 22mm- it fits perfectly inside the outer circumference of the recession.
The second O-ring not only fits perfectly inside the larger O-ring but also outside the raised circular airflow
channeled base surrounding the 510 aperture
This leaves NO room below the base of your tank for it to wobble.
As you screw in the tank it presses down the O-rings to sit flush with the top of the mod. No gap.
A con might be if you chain vape at very high temps and your tank got super hot, but I think that
might be more likely with a RDA than manufactured coils. I don't know.
Also- my RDAs show 'atomizer short' when I use my RDAs after vaping a few times.
No problem with these same builds on the Sigelei Fuchai.

I am not impressed with Wismec or Jaybo at all. It is a fundamental design/engineering flaw.
The company cannot be unaware of it and I feel cheated at best.

Last edited:

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine is the same way, if you google it you will see there is a fault with some of them....did you get yours out of China? Gearbest had a whole crapload of the faulty ones....

Yep got mine from gearbest with some reward points to get some money off. Did you send yours back or just keep it?

VU Sponsors