Become a Patron!

Broken Top cap on tfv8 baby beast

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whats up folks. I have recently broken my baby beast. The top cap where the top fill swivel is broke off. Is there anywhere that sells just the top cap and chimney section thanks

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whats up folks. I have recently broken my baby beast. The top cap where the top fill swivel is broke off. Is there anywhere that sells just the top cap and chimney section thanks
I don't know of any place. I'm afraid you will need to buy a new tank, and just keep the old one for parts.

ModVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had the same thing happen on my baby beast. The pin came out so the lid would not stay on. It came with pins to replace it in the little bag there were 2, but it won't stay in when I tried to replace it. So I bought another one. I still use the broken one. I put one of those thick rubber bands that come with the broccoli or celery and it actually holds the top on so I can use it. Looks stupid, but it works!!!

ModVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
F

Ah, searching for how to put in that pin and saw they have a replacement top on eBay - it costs $15.00 free shipping. I only paid $23 for a new one so mot sure if its worth it.

Last edited:

jstyezy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bummer, If that happened you need a new tank. :facepalm: Hate it when that happen.

I had the same thing happen to my Baby Beast. Here's what I did. I went to the Home Depot, purchased an inch of solid core copper wire, about the same gauge as the missing pin. I stripped the insulation off, exposing just the copper. I cut it down to half an inch, filed the bottom flat, sanded it to slide into the base, then threaded the wire through the lid and into the base of the top. Of course, remove the tank glass and drip tip. Once I had the wire firmly into the base, I gently hammered it further in to force the copper to spread out. I slid the lid down until it was aligned properly with the bottom, then snipped almost all of the remaining wire, leaving just enough on top to hammer flat. It took less than 5 minutes, cost me less than 10 cents, and it saved me from buying a new tank.

I had the same thing happen to my Baby Beast. Here's what I did. I went to the Home Depot, purchased an inch of solid core copper wire, about the same gauge as the missing pin. I stripped the insulation off, exposing just the copper. I cut it down to half an inch, filed the bottom flat, sanded it to slide into the base, then threaded the wire through the lid and into the base of the top. Of course, remove the tank glass and drip tip. Once I had the wire firmly into the base, I gently hammered it further in to force the copper to spread out. I slid the lid down until it was aligned properly with the bottom, then snipped almost all of the remaining wire, leaving just enough on top to hammer flat. It took less than 5 minutes, cost me less than 10 cents, and it saved me from buying a new tank.
This is super appreciated information! Can’t beat experience. I found this website googling a solution to the same problem that this post is in regards to. I had to make a profile, if only to ask. Can u ballpark the amount of wire you hammered both into the base to fill the bottom? (In mm I’d assume) and same for amount you left on top when you cut to hammer down. I’m sure i can won’t it’s but I won’t have time to try this until Friday most likely so I figured it was worth asking!

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just saw this post. I have a few Baby Beast tanks. I'll give you one.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could probably use a small C clamp to mushroom out the end too.

VU Sponsors