Become a Patron!

Buidling coils for Bishop tank

Greetings everyone,
Need some help with building coils for my Bishop. I have recently bought Geek Vape Clapton wire N80, 28*2+38 ga.
My first question is 28 the inner core?
My second question what's the best setup for building my coil using this wire?
Thanks

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is a review but from what I see of it, Todd walks through building. Another video is longer, would figure they cover building more in depth.

I have recently bought Geek Vape Clapton wire N80, 28*2+38 ga.
My first question is 28 the inner core?

Yes, and there are two strands of 28 gauge wire as the core. this is denoted by the *2 after the gauge listing. Think they're only using 1 strand of 38 gauge for the "wrap" which goes around the two "core/s" wire.

My second question what's the best setup for building my coil using this wire?

Don't mean this as offhand, or snarky but whatever build you feel best suited for yourself. :) I cannot adequately address what a good build for an MTL RDTA is. I don't do MTL nor RDTAs. In general though you may want to check this out for more guidance.

Imho, I'd likely build for around 0.80 ohms or higher. Though if you're wanting to sub-ohm more so you might want lower than 0.25 ohms. It is going to come to what you're looking to do.

Want warm vape and clouds? Go lower ohms.

Cooler vape but still some cloud? I use from 0.30 to 0.50 ohms pretty well. :)

Really cool vape without much concern for clouds? Build higher ohms.

Sorry if this doesn't seem obviosly helpful. Without further knowing what you're "after" it's about the "best" I can offer.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Looks to me like six wraps at 2.5mm or 3mm of that wire will give you about 0.5-0.6 ohms. Wire calculator doesn't show much difference between 2.5 and 3mm. If you want to go higher resistance than that, just see if more wraps will fit in the deck. Wrap them very close together.

If you want to go over an ohm, you might be better off with plain round 24 or 26 gauge wire.

You can calculate it yourself in the Wire Wizard section of steam-engine.org.

That's good wire, by the way, the GV Fused Clapton you bought. I've used quite a bit of it myself.

VU Sponsors