Become a Patron!

Build for Dead Rabbit V2

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Dead Rabbit V2 is coming today and I don't know what'll work best.

My two favorite options are:

regular Claptons at 26g/30g / 3.0 / 5 wrap

Triple Core Fused Clapton 30gx3/38g / MD - 3.5mm / 6

What do you guys use?

I'm not a fan of low ohm builds (aliens, Fralliens, Framed Staple, etc).

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
How the hell do those ohm out to .41?
N80 , and the size/amount of wires. I'm running a pair of them in Asgard right now. .21 and very tastey, but I like N80, Don't care for kanthal since it tastes metallic to me.

Kanthal or kanthal/SS mix might be what you're looking for to stay above .2 in dual.
Here's some kanthal at .25. Kinda pricey compared to what I use.
https://www.kidneypuncher.com/kp-premade-ka-1-aliens-and-advanced-aliens-pair/

Maybe a builder will stop by with some input.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Aliens and fraliens aren't necessarily always low ohm. I could explain why that is, but I'm afraid my explanation will give you AIDS. :p

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I, don't like to use SS wire in any of my coil builds because it's not very durable in any way, you can't dry burn it like you can Ni80, and, lest you are (highly) allergic to nickel, all SS wire really does is slow the rampup down some and lower the ohms or else you need to use thinner wire sizes and/or use fewer cores and/or use longer wires for the cores by increasing the coil size or apply some other tweak to get you where you want to be. If you're getting a metallic taste with Ni80, either it's because you're using the shitty type of Ni80 that has a trace amount of iron in it or IME you haven't sufficiently dry fired your coils prior to the first use.

That said, I don't know what kind of wattage you prefer to vape, but to me anything too far below 90 watts is just lacking 'oomph' and doesn't give that full-bodied flavor experience I get from using higher wattages no matter what coils I put in an RDA (any RDA). I never got the Dead Rabbit V2 because I still own my Dead Rabbit (the V1), along with the two different Challenge caps by Hellvape and Heathen─the Priest and the Butcher. The one with the nice, somewhat restrictive honeycomb style airflow holes is the Priest. Now, because 26g wire is pretty thick, it has a tendency to give a warmer vape and be less efficient, which is still OK for how I like to vape, BUT... with just two cores at 5 wraps the coil length is pretty short so, not a lot of oomph there, and, as for using 30g for the fuse in a regular fused clapton, I mean geez... that's like wrapping cores around your cores. Sorry I did it on purpose! Either way, there's just no chance I'll ever use 26g for the cores in an RDA that vapes basically the same as the Dead Rabbit, be it with the Priest cap or not. For that kind of wire thickness I much prefer to use the Asgard Mini RDA (with a full-height 810 drip tip on it, not a low profile one─because of the heat scorching the inside of my lips with that...), as it uses an ultem insert the honeycomb airflow in which is positioned much closer to the coils. With two rows closed off, it gives the right amount of restrictiveness while still also it tames that extra heat you get from using 26g wire for the cores at around 140 watts, or quad core 26/36 Ni80 aliens at 4 wraps, 3mm ID, 0.08 ohms dual coil on a single battery mech. For a regulated mod you could bring the ohms up by going for a regular SFC dual coil build, which is just as easy to make as a regular fused clapton build if you know how, it only takes just a little bit more time, and IMO it vapes better because the juice flows easier between the cores. It's why I never use regular fused claptons. And use tri-core aliens instead of tri-core fused claptons. Using 30g for the cores, although it can be nice if going for three or more cores it wears out noticeably faster. I usually stick to 29g instead, but that's vaping on dual coil aliens at 230 watts in a fixed airflow RDA. (For flavor.)

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Personally, I, don't like to use SS wire in any of my coil builds because it's not very durable in any way, you can't dry burn it like you can Ni80, and, lest you are (highly) allergic to nickel, all SS wire really does is slow the rampup down some and lower the ohms or else you need to use thinner wire sizes and/or use fewer cores and/or use longer wires for the cores by increasing the coil size or apply some other tweak to get you where you want to be. If you're getting a metallic taste with Ni80, either it's because you're using the shitty type of Ni80 that has a trace amount of iron in it or IME you haven't sufficiently dry fired your coils prior to the first use.

That said, I don't know what kind of wattage you prefer to vape, but to me anything too far below 90 watts is just lacking 'oomph' and doesn't give that full-bodied flavor experience I get from using higher wattages no matter what coils I put in an RDA (any RDA). I never got the Dead Rabbit V2 because I still own my Dead Rabbit (the V1), along with the two different Challenge caps by Hellvape and Heathen─the Priest and the Butcher. The one with the nice, somewhat restrictive honeycomb style airflow holes is the Priest. Now, because 26g wire is pretty thick, it has a tendency to give a warmer vape and be less efficient, which is still OK for how I like to vape, BUT... with just two cores at 5 wraps the coil length is pretty short so, not a lot of oomph there, and, as for using 30g for the fuse in a regular fused clapton, I mean geez... that's like wrapping cores around your cores. Sorry I did it on purpose! Either way, there's just no chance I'll ever use 26g for the cores in an RDA that vapes basically the same as the Dead Rabbit, be it with the Priest cap or not. For that kind of wire thickness I much prefer to use the Asgard Mini RDA (with a full-height 810 drip tip on it, not a low profile one─because of the heat scorching the inside of my lips with that...), as it uses an ultem insert the honeycomb airflow in which is positioned much closer to the coils. With two rows closed off, it gives the right amount of restrictiveness while still also it tames that extra heat you get from using 26g wire for the cores at around 140 watts, or quad core 26/36 Ni80 aliens at 4 wraps, 3mm ID, 0.08 ohms dual coil on a single battery mech. For a regulated mod you could bring the ohms up by going for a regular SFC dual coil build, which is just as easy to make as a regular fused clapton build if you know how, it only takes just a little bit more time, and IMO it vapes better because the juice flows easier between the cores. It's why I never use regular fused claptons. And use tri-core aliens instead of tri-core fused claptons. Using 30g for the cores, although it can be nice if going for three or more cores it wears out noticeably faster. I usually stick to 29g instead, but that's vaping on dual coil aliens at 230 watts in a fixed airflow RDA. (For flavor.)
I hope nobody listens to anything Hermi the lying Troll says. This guy is an idiot.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My Dead Rabbit V2 is coming today and I don't know what'll work best.

My two favorite options are:

regular Claptons at 26g/30g / 3.0 / 5 wrap

Triple Core Fused Clapton 30gx3/38g / MD - 3.5mm / 6

What do you guys use?

I'm not a fan of low ohm builds (aliens, Fralliens, Framed Staple, etc).
Just curious - why do you say you like triple core fused Claptons, but not aliens? They're the same resistance (when using the same alloys).

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious - why do you say you like triple core fused Claptons, but not aliens? They're the same resistance (when using the same alloys).

That’s a good question. Maybe I’ll try them again soon.

Well here she is, on top of my 2nd HexOhm I picked up months ago.

deeda5d50e70a07955ca2b4bcfaf6645.jpg

It’s almost as good as my Kali. I’d feel bad if it was better because I love that RDA to death.

VU Sponsors