Become a Patron!

Burnt.

Hey guys,
new to this vape scene. quick question. i purchased an "evod twist" for my first e-cig experience. i haven't had it long but all of a sudden I'm starting to get a burnt taste. the batt is turned all the way down. what gives?

Arnie H

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm no expert but I am assuming it has a Evod or similar type clearo. How long have you been using the same head (coil and wick assembly)? Is there juice in the tank? Have you switched to a thicker (VG based) e-liquid recently?

Breeezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like you need a new coil. Is it kind of a metallic taste?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It sounds like the liquid is not making its way to the wick.

its an aspire tank. the head is the original. about a month old.. do they wear out that fast? The juice I'm using at the moment is Space Jam "galactic" ...once again I'm brand new to this i don't know if thats a good juice to use or not

D

Donald Bickers

I would say if you got a month out of a coil,,,,you got good mileage,,and yes they do burn out that fast,its usually 2 weeks depending on usage

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's that easy. You should always have extra coils. Never know when you will need one.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hey guys,
new to this vape scene. quick question. i purchased an "evod twist" for my first e-cig experience. i haven't had it long but all of a sudden I'm starting to get a burnt taste. the batt is turned all the way down. what gives?
Hi @recklessrome ... I would definitely agree... sounds like you need to get some new coils. Just be careful to match the ohm you are used to or the juice will taste different. Too low of ohm and your juice will taste burnt. High VG juice can also cause this because it's slow to wick.

Also, is the tank an Aspire BDC or a Nautilas?

VU Sponsors