Become a Patron!

Buy, Sell, Trade Feedback Score

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to see the feedback score of a member on the members profile page so that you do not have to search through the forum page to see if the person has much buying, selling, trading experience. It would be nice to simply click on the members name and see their VU buying, selling, trading reputation.

Now make it happen lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After sleeping on this I'll bring up another idea, We came out with new badges, maybe after confirmed trades of members a badge can be added by admin to members that show they are confirmed traders, I know this sounds like what another forum does, but it may be a solution to this as well.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
After sleeping on this I'll bring up another idea, We came out with new badges, maybe after confirmed trades of members a badge can be added by admin to members that show they are confirmed traders, I know this sounds like what another forum does, but it may be a solution to this as well.
Also not a bad idea, however what process will be used to award the badge? A feedback score gives a slightly more validated mechanism than a badge award, unless there are criteria that need to be met and maintained to keep the badge. That gets into the issue of badge management and someone verifying that qualifications continue to be met to hold the badge ... Just thinking out loud, it's entirely possible that I am over thinking it ... LOL

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also not a bad idea, however what process will be used to award the badge? A feedback score gives a slightly more validated mechanism than a badge award, unless there are criteria that need to be met and maintained to keep the badge. That gets into the issue of badge management and someone verifying that qualifications continue to be met to hold the badge ... Just thinking out loud, it's entirely possible that I am over thinking it ... LOL
Not over thinking it all. It's the same concerns I have. I feel like it would be a huge waste of resources to have an admin or a moderator look threw each of the threads in the positive feedback section just to award a badge to some one.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF just recently redesigned their format with your same format and when you click on the username you have the option to see the Trading Profile of the member and that is what I was envisioning here.

ECF_01.PNG

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hey FC, is there like subdivision groups of the trading profile?

like equipment, supplies, and juice?? if so, maybe we can do that for here, too...
unless it will all be lumped together.. not sure..

@VaporJoes ??

like categories??

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'm not a juice trader ... in fact, I'm not a trader at all ... so I vote "NO!" ... LOL ... Just kidding!!! It makes sense to have "Categories", but the problem I foresee is folks not knowing how to categorize a listing with "multiple" different things, like mods, attys, juice ... If I wanted to trade it as a "Package", what category would I put it in?

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I would like to see the feedback score of a member on the members profile page so that you do not have to search through the forum page to see if the person has much buying, selling, trading experience. It would be nice to simply click on the members name and see their VU buying, selling, trading reputation.

Now make it happen lol

We maybe adding a new trade system to the forum that will be its own thing. It will have feedback, etc.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
We maybe adding a new trade system to the forum that will be its own thing. It will have feedback, etc.
That is an intriguing prospect. Will it be readily accessible for all members, or will there need to be some form of a "vetting" process? I hope it will still send email notifications as new items are listed, that is one of the biggest features I use to track new items and posts in the threads ... Just my $0.02!

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That is an intriguing prospect. Will it be readily accessible for all members, or will there need to be some form of a "vetting" process? I hope it will still send email notifications as new items are listed, that is one of the biggest features I use to track new items and posts in the threads ... Just my $0.02!

Yeah this all going to be worked out. First thing we have to make sure its secure.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Yeah this all going to be worked out. First thing we have to make sure its secure.
I'm glad to see you have the priorities in order! Most folks don't think about security until after the solution has been built, then they try to bolt something on ... usually with limited success!

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey FC, is there like subdivision groups of the trading profile?

like equipment, supplies, and juice?? if so, maybe we can do that for here, too...
unless it will all be lumped together.. not sure..

@VaporJoes ??

like categories??
Other places they are all lumped together but it will be interesting to see what spin VU puts on it.

VU Sponsors