Become a Patron!

Buyers that DON'T Google shop BEFORE asking in Hardware. Sellers who DON'T Google prices before they list.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I am seeing an influx of request WTBs for items readily available for a good sale price when googled. These members appear not to research and hope that other members will shop for them.

Seriously. Before you post for a mainstream item, please try shopping for it first. There are valid requests for hard to find items or items in high demand in the thread. Let's not flood the thread with trivial hardware requests that anyone can find with a simple google search.

Just my 2 cents.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don’t fault those that come here looking to buy items, even if they’re readily available elsewhere for a good price.

I much rather see money go to a member here than some random vape conglomerate.

Plus many can haggle with members here where online it’s either a coupon code or nothing.

Most of the time I just scroll past if I don’t have the item, and even if I do, but not selling it

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well some will ask for an item that's just been released. Like the Centaurus. Week after release people asking for a used one. Like damn it hasn't even shipped yet. ??

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a related note that I've debated about mentioning to people in private a couple times, but never have.

Posting a used item for as much and sometimes more, sometimes a lot more than they are readily available for brand new. I have to believe that they just don't know.

I.E. Such and such mod... 45 dollars when such and such mod can be easily had for 30 bucks at MyVpro or 13 at Vapesourcing.

EDIT: I don't just mean here either.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a related note that I've debated about mentioning to people in private a couple times, but never have.

Posting a used item for as much and sometimes more, sometimes a lot more than they are readily available for brand new. I have to believe that they just don't know.

I.E. Such and such mod... 45 dollars when such and such mod can be easily had for 30 bucks at MyVpro or 13 at Vapesourcing.

Yea pricing before selling really help everyone. You don't have to look like you're gouging, getting a pm from someone stating said price difference. And some people take offense which is odd when that happens. But that's life. All you can do is let them know and move on

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I originally posted this with buyers in mind. There are 2-3 members here that just post something their looking for and I'll google it to find that what typically would go for $50 is currently marked down by 2 vendors to $27.

That's what I'm talking about as far as sellers. Sellers that post without researching current prices and taking into account that it's used.
Rare items I can easily see that it's worth what's posted. And I most certainly agree with supporting VU members as sellers.

Yea pricing before selling really help everyone. You don't have to look like you're gouging, getting a pm from someone stating said price difference. And some people take offense which is odd when that happens. But that's life. All you can do is let them know and move on

There are some members that just go off the price that they paid when they purchased their item.
I've seen apparently lazy sellers who post just one group pic of their items that don't show detail plus ask prices based on what the paid.

I'm going to tweak the title of this thread a bit.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A lot of times, I suspect folks who post looking to buy recently released things are only able to pay with PP and are willing to take a chance here rather than wait for overseas vendors that will take PP

As for pricing gear, if you don't like the price, don't buy it

For bulk lots, most folks selling in a bulk lot just don't have the time or inclination to itemize

I've done it on eBay for non-vape things, just want it outta there, lol

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
A lot of times, I suspect folks who post looking to buy recently released things are only able to pay with PP and are willing to take a chance here rather than wait for overseas vendors that will take PP

As for pricing gear, if you don't like the price, don't buy it

For bulk lots, most folks selling in a bulk lot just don't have the time or inclination to itemize

I've done it on eBay for non-vape things, just want it outta there, lol
Well yeah. That pretty much goes without saying. But for those who don't itemize, is asking too much, have things I'm sure others would want but price it way up there for used items (referring to a current members listing), it's a shame. But, it is what it is. Just kind of irks me when buyer and sellers do what I previously posted.

I guess being a Realtor and have marketed in great detail gets my undies in a twist when I see this.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well yeah. That pretty much goes without saying. But for those who don't itemize, is asking too much, have things I'm sure others would want but price it way up there for used items (referring to a current members listing), it's a shame. But, it is what it is. Just kind of irks me when buyer and sellers do what I previously posted.

I guess being a Realtor and have marketed in great detail gets my undies in a twist when I see this.

I just HATE IT when my undies get twisted. Then you have to pull the car over and go hide in the woods and get 'em untwisted, it's just plain embarrassing. Or if you've got fancy folks with you, then you just have to sit on twisted undies and put up with it, and they're all wondering what's that funny look on your face, and you're just getting more and more pissed off by the second.

I kid you not Ms. Trixy, when I was about halfway through reading this thread, and before I saw your last post, the phrase "panties in a twist" went through my mind, and I just cracked up when I got to your post and YOU'D SAID IT!!! LOL Oh that's hysterical!!!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think buyers too lazy to research something should pay whatever someone wants to sell it for used or not.

View attachment 171642

I would think anyone who cares anything about their own money would do their research - unless they're just in the mood to help a buddy out or something. That does happen, and it's ok.

I might pay a bit more for an atty in the Hardware thread than I could get it for from China, if I'm just not in the mood to wait.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would think anyone who cares anything about their own money would do their research - unless they're just in the mood to help a buddy out or something. That does happen, and it's ok.

I might pay a bit more for an atty in the Hardware thread than I could get it for from China, if I'm just not in the mood to wait.
That and I'd rather fund and help someone here than China.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just HATE IT when my undies get twisted. Then you have to pull the car over and go hide in the woods and get 'em untwisted, it's just plain embarrassing. Or if you've got fancy folks with you, then you just have to sit on twisted undies and put up with it, and they're all wondering what's that funny look on your face, and you're just getting more and more pissed off by the second.

I kid you not Ms. Trixy, when I was about halfway through reading this thread, and before I saw your last post, the phrase "panties in a twist" went through my mind, and I just cracked up when I got to your post and YOU'D SAID IT!!! LOL Oh that's hysterical!!!

image3.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors