Become a Patron!

California SB 793 Flavor Ban Passed

VaporEmpireDotCom

Unlisted Vendor
Jerry Hill with the support of numerous wealthy associations, passes SB 793 and now it's final stop is the desk of CA governor Gavin Newsom.

California senator Jerry Hill is the main author for the Senate Bill No. 793 which adds onto the existing (STAKE) Stop Tobacco Access to Kids Enforcement Act. This law, "...prohibits a person from selling or otherwise furnishing tobacco products, as defined, to a person 21 years of age.

No one wants the youth to start vaping, it is a cure for the currently nicotine addicted populous to ditch traditional combustible cigarettes. So originally, the STAKE act was a good thing because it made bad people selling adult products to young people a crime.

Read the full blog post:
SB 793 Passes Assembly

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
This will only get worse. Kalifornia is a demonrat hell hole.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Feel for ya my friend. My damned state is headed the same way.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Feel for ya my friend. My damned state is headed the same way.
It doesn't affect me yet because I DIY. I'm sure they'll do something about that to. All this does is create a black market for ejuice. Demonrats are so stupid. They can't see the forest through the trees.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Guess that is why the deeming regs go into effect nationwide Sept 10 (under GOP leadership) and basically everything will be illegal to sell - states are merely grandstanding - in fact, the first real draconian vape laws passed on a statewide level was Indiana under Mike Pence

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Guess that is why the deeming regs go into effect nationwide Sept 10 (under GOP leadership) and basically everything will be illegal to sell - states are merely grandstanding - in fact, the first real draconian vape laws passed on a statewide level was Indiana under Mike Pence
Deeming regs started under your messiah Obummer. Has nothing to do with the republicants. Demonrats are so stupid anymore. They don't have the brains they were born with.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
POLITICS ENDS TODAY. - Please see what VaporJoe said about the kind of comments you are making - they only divide vapers, when we need to be speaking as one

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Political discussion are ok in terms of vaping and where it relates to vaping

puprosely fanning flames and inciting hatred will not be tolerated

there are ample outlets for that speech in today’s world, this is not one of them.

proof in point, even owners of this forum have already edited and deleted their own statements as it relates to politics.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if the Deeming regs cover real flavored tobacco products though unless they were not on the market prior to Feb 2007 and have not been approved thru PMTA.

But yeah as far as vaping is concerned this law becomes a moot point in around 4 weeks.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did I hear correctly that hookah tobacco is exempt from this bill and it’s flavored tobacco will continue to be allowed to be sold? Along with flavored pipe tobacco and flavored cigars? I’m also wondering if this will prohibit the sale of menthol cigarettes due to menthol being a flavor additive? You’ll have to forgive me, I’ve not read the bill and was just curious.
I’m not in California and have not kept up with these events, so, I’m also wondering do they consider 0 Nic vape juice a tobacco product and could vape juice companies get around this bill by supplying 0 Nic juice only and having the government more highly regulate the sale of liquid nicotine that vapers can add themselves to said 0 Nic juice? I’m a DIY’er and just think that if their problem is with the addictive nature of nicotine and it can be removed, perhaps that’s an alternative choice that should be or should have been considered.
Of course, I also think (after seeing a creative meme), that saying vape juice is a tobacco product is the equivalent of saying a potassium pill is a banana, but that’s just me.

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Per the Deeming regs 0 nic juice is a tobacco product, unless approved by FDA as non nic and sealed in a pod or cartridge.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, and I thought the death of the tube Mech in my area was sucky.
Another win for big tobacco, I guess...laser targeting Vaping while managing to have everything they have the market cornered on excluded.
It’s going to be easier to score heroín than to find a bottle of juice to vape if the trend continues. I’ve just got to hope that considering that DIY products are innocuous separately, that they are left alone.

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve just got to hope that considering that DIY products are innocuous separately, that they are left alone.
As long as they are not marketed, sold, labelled as for use in vaping no problem.

I do expect that buying nic if not a licensed tobacco manufacturer will become an issue within the next year.
Then too afik there are still a couple of bills floating that would place totally outrageous taxes on nicotine. Like hundreds of dollars on a liter of 100 mg/ml nic.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as they are not marketed, sold, labelled as for use in vaping no problem.

I do expect that buying nic if not a licensed tobacco manufacturer will become an issue within the next year.
Then too afik there are still a couple of bills floating that would place totally outrageous taxes on nicotine. Like hundreds of dollars on a liter of 100 mg/ml nic.

Perhaps we’ve come to the Vaping equivalent of the toilet paper hoarding due to COVID...I’ve got a descent stock of nicotine in the deep freeze, but not near enough to weather that kind of storm.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you have PMTA approved vape stuff to sell, state laws will be pretty much a moot point soon with Federal PMTA enforcement kicking in.
State laws as a general rule can be more restrictive than Federal laws but not less restrictive.
As far as I know there are NO PMTA approved vape things out there yet.
Maybe a dozen or thereabouts accepted PMTA applications which would enable them to be sold after Sept 9, until approved/declined or 1 year from filing date, whichever comes first.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors