Become a Patron!

Calling all tank Guru's

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damned it, I want a top fill tank, when are makers gonna get with it and make a good regular simple tank that we can fill from the top rather than unscrew this unscrew that to fill up with our juice????
Grrrrrrrrrrr

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What you want is probably out there. If it's not, it will be soon.
Some complain about the Lemo Drop, but I don't think it's a huge bother to fill it.
Patience helps.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really not into RBA's because I don't want to build coils, so there's that.....like I said a simple coil replaceable tank with top load. Even better if Kanger came out with ones that use the same common coil heads.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, that clears that up. There's the top coil clearomizers that fill from the top, but the coils are silica wick type. Guess you want the fancy coils like BVC or something.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Check out the new silo beast. Top fill and reviews are all good so far. I am waiting till they are back in stock which should be end of next week at beyond vapes website

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I'll do some looking at that one, I also saw one called Sniper, but don't see it available too many places yet, it's at Alibaba but I don't purchase there.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I havent heard of that one yet. Like yourself I am tired of the bottom unscrew method to fill. Looking forward to the beast

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thanks for the link. 5 dollars more there but available is the key lolol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the links and info Guys & Gals, looks like I have some research to do now, Excellent help folks, gracious!!!

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do those Siloh tanks flood when you top fill if you don't do it "right"? Just curious as that seems to be a recurring issue. Last top fill I had was / is my Aqua v1 and it is a PITA.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$44 actual DOLLARS????????????????????? OMG

download_zpsxdifena2.png

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the Silo beast and the ease of top fill. The minor thing is to shut down the air control to fill due to maintaining a vacuum. You also have to be careful sometimes when adjusting the airflow due to where you change the coils will sometimes loosen. I have gotten in the habit of adjusting the airflow by just going in the tightening direction. I prefer using the Atlantis 2 coils and it gives me an excellent vape with no leak issues by following the above. I recieved mine the first week they came out and they have already added some changes as increasing the center hole for to increase airflow.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Lemo 2 coming but I don't think they have coil heads. I prefer building my own coils anyway. But I've been a Kayfun guy for 3 years now. VERY excited to see a lot of good reviews about the top fill though. Could be my new "sweet spot" :) Good luck in your search Whiskey. Soooo many "sub tanks" out there now. I have no idea where I'd even start. Last coils I bought were the original Aspire Nautilus ones so I'm out of the loop now..LOL

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Silo Beast is the way to go. They rock and are easy to fill and clean.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Soul and Zam, still reading up on them, I watched the video on the Sniper, I really like the ease of use on that one, you shut down the airflow before filling it as well, still arguing with my self if its worth me spending $45.00 on though.....yes I penny pinch....LOL

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ohhh ok I see what you did, Thanks:)
Yeah, you know I don't think normal

And yes you still have top fill, you basically just replace the mid section (wish we could do that too) and use the same top and bottom.
Bastards wont release it for another weak though- bastards

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats ok for me, I still want to think about the buy first anyways. It sounds like what I want.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thats ok for me, I still want to think about the buy first anyways. It sounds like what I want.
Killer! Yeah I've been talking myself out of it; but, ill probably cave in eventually. Trying to justify that damn science of vaping elitist tank I bought.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohhhh man That is one sexy looking tank!!:eek::cool:
Price is looking better too, and looks like heavy duty o-rings on that too....bookmarked !!!!!!!

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I gotta add another vote for the Silo Beast! I've had mine for about a week now (3 BV shops near me). I actually stopped closing the afc to fill and still haven't had a leak!

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both the silo beast and had the zephyrus. I love my silo beast. I used the nickel coils from atlantis and had some leaking issues, i put the atlantis v2 coils in and no problems. The stock zephyrus coils didnt agree with me, they got the tank too hot and was kinda restricted i put a build in the rta section and it was lovely. I can vouch for vapnw also they were great and shipping was fast for me.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was gonna suggest an rta but I see like myself coil building ain't your thing either. I bought a $5 ek clone rta I couldn't put a build on to save my life. Glad there's options for u.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am leaning toward the silo beast , with the kit to scale it down, I may try a few of the ones here suggested if it fits in my vape budget to compare them and see which I like best.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I wonder how the .5 zephyrus coils perform in comparison to the .3.
Should be a little bit cooler vape. In addition, due to higher resistance, you probably don't need to use as much power/wattage.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was gonna suggest an rta but I see like myself coil building ain't your thing either. I bought a $5 ek clone rta I couldn't put a build on to save my life. Glad there's options for u.
just for an idea, i dont do my own builds either, i have a goliath rta and its absolutly my favorite tank. i took it to get a build put on when i bought it and have had the same build for about 2 months, i just change out the wick, dry burn and clean the coil and re wick and its good. i check to see the build is still good of course and it has been.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should be a little bit cooler vape. In addition, due to higher resistance, you probably don't need to use as much power/wattage.
I have the .5 coils on order right now, will let you know once I change em up how they perform. Have to say though, I'm pretty impressed with the Zephyrus so far. I haven't played with the RBA section, though that was a big selling point for me in case I wanted to start building again; having kids, I don't have much time to build my own (though I do enjoy it), so this is why I have and like so many subtanks, especially ones like the Zephyrus and my wife's Subtank Mini.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the .5 coils on order right now, will let you know once I change em up how they perform. Have to say though, I'm pretty impressed with the Zephyrus so far. I haven't played with the RBA section, though that was a big selling point for me in case I wanted to start building again; having kids, I don't have much time to build my own (though I do enjoy it), so this is why I have and like so many subtanks, especially ones like the Zephyrus and my wife's Subtank Mini.
The RBA and the top fill option, and of course the price, was the reason for me to buy one.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Just put my Silo Beast on order today. Will receive it Wednesday as long as USPS does their jobs...... I will let you know how it performs and I plan to use the Atlantis Nickle coils in it on my SX M ....

VU Sponsors