Become a Patron!

Can anyone tell me what these wicks are made of?

LivingSacrifice5

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently got this Tebco bottom fed RDA that has these stiff black wicks in it. Can anyone tell me what material these are made of? I've never seen this type of wick before, nor can I find anything like it searching online, so i'm having trouble getting it to perform properly. Anyone know what they are or if they they produce good flavor when working properly?
(I apologize for the poor quality of the picture.)

Attachments

• 0613160859.jpg
    0613160859.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 60

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah it doesn't look like any bottom fed anything to me..looks like a genny. with two ss mesh wicks.sorta looks like a Bliss from Doc Dave.regardless the wicks aren't ceramic, there is now way you coud get ceramics to bend like that....I think we are having our chains yanked.

Last edited:

LivingSacrifice5

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently got this Tebco bottom fed RDA that has these stiff black wicks in it. Can anyone tell me what material these are made of? I've never seen this type of wick before, nor can I find anything like it searching online, so i'm having trouble getting it to perform properly. Anyone know what they are or if they they produce good flavor when working properly?
(I apologize for the poor quality of the picture.)
I apologize guys, I guess I described it wrong. This is my first tank of this type, so I literally don't know anything about it. Beings you guys called it a "genny" I'm assuming it's a genesis type? Like the wismec thermin?
I'm new to all this vape lingo too guys =)
I was mostly curious if anyone knew what material the wicks were made of? I've never seen this type on anything i've bought before.

Thanks everyone!

LivingSacrifice5

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I apologize guys, I guess I described it wrong. This is my first tank of this type, so I literally don't know anything about it. Beings you guys called it a "genny" I'm assuming it's a genesis type? Like the wismec thermin?
I was mostly curious if anyone knew what material the wicks were made of? I've never seen this type on anything i've bought before.

Thanks everyone!

Here are a couple better pics

DSC00005 - Copy.JPG DSC00007 - Copy.JPG

LivingSacrifice5

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks everyone!
I might be wrong, but I think it's a Prometheus RTA clone. This one is a Tobeco

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes it is a genisis atomizer...The wicks are made of stainless steel mesh ....and you are right it gives great flavor genisis atomizer give the best flavor of all attys, however most people find them to much of a pain in the ass to build.but for some of us it is the only kind of atomizer we use...I use gennys almost exclusively because of the flavor it gives and the draw...the stainless steel mesh is bought in sheets...you cut a piece to size and roll it into a tube shape, the mesh comes in diffrent sizes of fineness or coarsness from 325 to 500 to 200 superfine..there are ton of youtube videos on how to make a ss wick....The reason you haven't seen this type of wick is because gennys are only used by the first generation of vapers, the more recent group of people getting into vaping have never used them and I have gone into many vaping shops and almost nobody there had ever actually seen a genisis style atomizer...
The Prometheus was one of the first gennys that was desgined to be dual coil...there had been gennys that had dual wickholes but primarily they were desgined for single wicks the Prometheus was desgned to be a stellar dual wick genny with an airflow that could handle two wicks...most genheads(genisis style fanboys) do not vape dual wicks...who built the wicks for you and wrapped the coils? dual wick gennys are a pain in the ass to set up and I would stick to a single wick genny till I got my skills down.

Here is a tutorial on how to build a mesh wick...this is by NO means a definitive word on building a mesh wick, there many diffrent ways to build one, but this will give you and idea of what is involved.

Last edited:

LivingSacrifice5

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes it is a genisis atomizer...The wicks are made of stainless steel mesh ....and you are right it gives great flavor genisis atomizer give the best flavor of all attys, however most people find them to much of a pain in the ass to build.but for some of us it is the only kind of atomizer we use...I use gennys almost exclusively because of the flavor it gives and the draw...the stainless steel mesh is bought in sheets...you cut a piece to size and roll it into a tube shape, the mesh comes in diffrent sizes of fineness or coarsness from 325 to 500 to 200 superfine..there are ton of youtube videos on how to make a ss wick....The reason you haven't seen this type of wick is because gennys are only used by the first generation of vapers, the more recent group of people getting into vaping have never used them and I have gone into many vaping shops and almost nobody there had ever actually seen a genisis style atomizer...
The Prometheus was one of the first gennys that was desgined to be dual coil...there had been gennys that had dual wickholes but primarily they were desgined for single wicks the Prometheus was desgned to be a stellar dual wick genny with an airflow that could handle two wicks...most genheads(genisis style fanboys) do not vape dual wicks...who built the wicks for you and wrapped the coils? dual wick gennys are a pain in the ass to set up and I would stick to a single wick genny till I got my skills down.

Here is a tutorial on how to build a mesh wick...this is by NO means a definitive word on building a mesh wick, there many diffrent ways to build one, but this will give you and idea of what is involved.

Thankyou very much for the info!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep yep... SS mesh... what a pain.. but can be worth it if you take the time and have some patience !

VU Sponsors