Become a Patron!

Can I add flavor to a soft drink?

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm diabetic now, and had to switch to diet Dr Pepper, which isn't very good, but the cherry diet dr pepper is pretty decent. It's my new all day drink, lol. They're not making it as much lately, and are putting out the Zero Sugar version instead, but it doesn't taste nearly as good. (I don't know why they did this bc no old ingredients were taken out- only extra ingredients added, but there's barely any cherry flavor now.)

Can I add cherry flavor to it, (and possibly Cap Super Sweet), to get the flavor back? Which cherry concentrate should I get, and how much should I add?

Do you have a favorite place to buy flavor + inexpensive chubby gorilla Unicorn bottles (1, 2, & 4oz) without high shipping?
-I need them to have a neck big enough to mix into, preferably, and be fat enough to stand up without falling over while I'm doing it, if possible. If not- I still need them to stand up, and have a neck big enough to at least get a funnel into. I have get them with the long needle/ Unicorn tip to be able to fill my new tanks with tiny top-fill slot. The design of the tanks (freemax Fireluke 22) makes it hard to get the bottle tip close enough to fill, due to the top not sliding out of the way enough, so it has to have a long thin tip.
Thank you

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The flavors we use, are fine to use in food and drink, a lot of people use them in baking too, how much is really what you need to test, just add slowly till you find what you like :)

I only really use BCF for flavors now, they are reliable and fast to ship, also a bonus they have great CS too.

My last lot of gorilla bottles I got off amazon, with prime free shipping, works out cheaper than most vape/flavor stores, so might want to look on amazon to find what you like ;)

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The flavors we use, are fine to use in food and drink, a lot of people use them in baking too, how much is really what you need to test, just add slowly till you find what you like :)

I only really use BCF for flavors now, they are reliable and fast to ship, also a bonus they have great CS too.

My last lot of gorilla bottles I got off amazon, with prime free shipping, works out cheaper than most vape/flavor stores, so might want to look on amazon to find what you like ;)
Thanks. I was in a bind so ordered super sweet and bottles from Amazon, but the price of flavor is 3x that of the supply places. If it weren't for paying the shipping & additional $8 it wouldn't be bad. (Since we are showing our ID to sign for vape mail, why is there any call to ban shipping it now?)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(Since we are showing our ID to sign for vape mail, why is there any call to ban shipping it now?)

Look at politicians, follow the money. You more than likely will find it traces back to Big Tobacco, or states. The states gambled away the settlement money Big Tobacco gave them.

That settlement money was to be used to get smokers off smoking, prevent others from becoming smokers. It was not really used for that at all. There might have been some effort by way of patches, gums but the lion's share went toward betting on hedge funds.

Then, vaping comes along and takes away near two billion from Big Tobacco's sales. Well Big Tobacco then squeezes the states because they're not getting agreed up revenue from states.

See even under the settlement agreement states had to ensure Big Tobacco still got revenue. That could be by way of nicotine replacement products, patches and gums, or more cigarette sales tax collected. States were not keen to do that though as raising taxes cigarettes could lead politicians getting voted out.

So, states not having their settlement money now have to squeeze somebody. Gee, guess who? Ultimately it all boils down to money and not public health.

Last edited:

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I use them to flavor my snus. Cherry is my favorite to use. Inawera and Sobucky are my favorite for a nice cherry. Bull City Flavors is definitely the best for ordering.
There are a few inawera cherry flavors: cherries, cherry concentrate, etc.
I'm also reading I may need a black cherry also/instead. (It's to add to diet dr pepper to create diet dr pepper cherry, which is hard to find now.) What exact flavors should I get?
Thx!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Look at politicians, follow the money. You more than likely will find it traces back to Big Tobacco, or states. The states gambled away the settlement money Big Tobacco gave them.

That settlement money was to be used to get smokers off smoking, prevent others from becoming smokers. It was not really used for that at all. There might have been some effort by way of patches, gums but the lion's share went toward betting on hedge funds.

Then, vaping comes along and takes away near two billion from Big Tobacco's sales. Well Big Tobacco then squeezes the states because they're not getting agreed up revenue from states.

See even under the settlement agreement states had to ensure Big Tobacco still got revenue. That could be by way of nicotine replacement products, patches and gums, or more cigarette sales tax collected. States were not keen to do that though as raising taxes cigarettes could lead politicians getting voted out.

So, states not having their settlement money now have to squeeze somebody. Gee, guess who? Ultimately it all boils down to money and not public health.
It all disgusts me, the politics and greed behind it all. I had to stop watching the news every night bc I'd get so angry no one wanted to be around me. Life is much more enjoyable NOT hearing about the black hearted politicians. It seems no matter how much energy I put into fighting things like this, it doesn't matter a bit. These people are selling their souls, mother & daughter's health, (& our futures) without a 2nd thought.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
There are a few inawera cherry flavors: cherries, cherry concentrate, etc.
I'm also reading I may need a black cherry also/instead. (It's to add to diet dr pepper to create diet dr pepper cherry, which is hard to find now.) What exact flavors should I get?
Thx!
I found this recipe that may help you...
dr pepper 1.jpg
idono thow cuz I don't care to much for Dr pepper

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It all disgusts me, the politics and greed behind it all. I had to stop watching the news every night bc I'd get so angry no one wanted to be around me. Life is much more enjoyable NOT hearing about the black hearted politicians. It seems no matter how much energy I put into fighting things like this, it doesn't matter a bit. These people are selling their souls, mother & daughter's health, (& our futures) without a 2nd thought.

In the same boat here.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's very nice of you, thank you!

(I've been away from vaping & vape sites for the last year or 2 due to health issues, and forgot how nice the community is.)
Glad you're back with us ! Hope your health is better and will continue getting better :hug:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Vape4change

Unlisted Vendor
Contact Vape4Change to learn more about adding cherry flavour and Cap Super Sweet to your drinks. They have a knowledgeable and friendly staff who can advise you on improving your vaping experience. When it comes to buying flavourhas a wide selection and reasonable shipping rates.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd look at this for cherry, or you might try this one. Don't see much reason to not use GRAS food flavorings, we also use for vaping in sodas. My wife used a little of Jamaican rum flavoring, TFA, for a rum spice cake she baked. Told me about it when I wondered why my 10 ml bottle looked to be only 7 ml.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm diabetic now, and had to switch to diet Dr Pepper, which isn't very good, but the cherry diet dr pepper is pretty decent. It's my new all day drink, lol. They're not making it as much lately, and are putting out the Zero Sugar version instead, but it doesn't taste nearly as good. (I don't know why they did this bc no old ingredients were taken out- only extra ingredients added, but there's barely any cherry flavor now.)

Can I add cherry flavor to it, (and possibly Cap Super Sweet), to get the flavor back? Which cherry concentrate should I get, and how much should I add?

Do you have a favorite place to buy flavor + inexpensive chubby gorilla Unicorn bottles (1, 2, & 4oz) without high shipping?
-I need them to have a neck big enough to mix into, preferably, and be fat enough to stand up without falling over while I'm doing it, if possible. If not- I still need them to stand up, and have a neck big enough to at least get a funnel into. I have get them with the long needle/ Unicorn tip to be able to fill my new tanks with tiny top-fill slot. The design of the tanks (freemax Fireluke 22) makes it hard to get the bottle tip close enough to fill, due to the top not sliding out of the way enough, so it has to have a long thin tip.
Thank you

Yes vape flavorings can be dropped right into your soda, but may I suggest that the ingredients in diet sodas are horrendous. The Dr. Pepper Zero contains aspartame. You may want to research it.

I really like flavored sparkling waters. I found an August 2022 article which says that Kroger offers a "Dr." flavored sparkling water that tastes like Dr. Pepper but I don't see it on the Kroger website or anywhere online.

I'm sure there are recipes for DIY mixing your own Cherry Dr. Pepper flavor, and . Then you can squirt drops into your can or bottle of plain sparkling water or seltzer. Cheap and easy, but I don't know how to find the flavor recipe thread in this forum. Perhaps a flavor mixing member will come along and advise us.

Otherwise, just a brief search produced this, but I'm sure there are other listings with other vendors:

I wish you the best of luck, and would love to know how your experiments turn out.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just put Holy RY4 in my morning coffee :)
*trembles, twitches, shakes* RY4! RY4!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!*runs around bouncing off the walls*

"Oh how I miss thee!!! My precious Ry4, come back, come back to meeeeeee!!!!"

* @MyMagicMist is not allowed to vape RY4 as he's told it smells too sweet, and lingers 'forever', collapses in a heap, sighs*

@VapeOn1960 "you bastige!"

There are so many liquids and flavors available in the market! I have just got to kno several new name in this thread. Very helpful for people like us!

VU Sponsors