Become a Patron!

Can I get some help please

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I have been vaping for a few years. I didn't start to stop smoking, I never really smoked. I just thought I would try it and I liked it. I do have an addictive personality and currently I am addicted to buying vaping equipment. I watch and read many of the reviewers of vaping equipment and I have decided it is time for me to take the next step and try something besides a pod or a sub ohm tank. I definitely do not want to drip. However I do not know the difference between an RDA, RDTA . RBA or anything else I failed to mentioned. I have watched videos and I think I can handle the type of setup where you use a store bought coil and some cotton then trim and assemble it .
I really don't know what to do or what to buy to achieve what I am looking for. I would ideally like one unit to be able to do high wattage, mostly because I have not been able to find a good tank that is capable of high watts ( 120 or so ) . I would like another to do MTL as I have grown accustomed to using some great nic salt juices of 50 and 35 mg .
I don't usually post and only recently became a Patreon. I hope this post doesn't offend anyone. Now I have to figure out how I download the symbol that goes next to my name to signify my membership

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't usually post and only recently became a Patreon. I hope this post doesn't offend anyone. Now I have to figure out how I download the symbol that goes next to my name to signify my membership

Click here to get your Patreon badge Patreon Members - Let us know here so we can give you your badge.

I really don't know what to do or what to buy to achieve what I am looking for. I would ideally like one unit to be able to do high wattage, mostly because I have not been able to find a good tank that is capable of high watts ( 120 or so ) . I would like another to do MTL as I have grown accustomed to using some great nic salt juices of 50 and 35 mg .

Typically, MTL vaping and high wattage do not go together well -

MTL is usually a little higher ohm and requires less heat; really higher wattage and Nic salts are also rarely vaped together - some do it, but it isn't typical

I do not know the difference between an RDA, RDTA . RBA or anything else I failed to mentioned.

RBA = Rebuildable Atomizer - can be for dripping, a tank, or bottom feed, a more generic term

RDA = Rebuildable Drip atomizer - one you drip and can rebuild

RTA=Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - a rebuildable with a tank

RDTA= Rebuildable atomizer with a tank that feeds from the bottom basically

And one you did not mention, but you may want to look into: RSA - Rebuildable Squonk Atomizer

Squonking is as easy to rebuild as a dripper, but because you bottom feed, you con't have to drip, or overcome the learning curve that comes with an RTA

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome to VU

To get the Patron Badge under your name you need to let them know on this thread link below- so leave a comment that you are a patron and want a badge- you don't download anything- a moderator will add the badge for you.

Also are you in the US? Not sure if you know but Deeming Regulations are supposed to take effect on 9/9/2020
next Wednesday- meaning they will be pretty much banning all vape gear and liquids - many online shops have been having huge sales to dump their stock and many plan to close in the US on 9/9.
So you would need to hurry and order something if in the US.
An RDA is a rebuildable drip atomizer- no tank section, you must drip eliquid onto the coil and wick(cotton)
Many RDAs have a squonk pin- so you can squeeze eliquid to the coil and wick using a squonk mod.
RDTA is rebuildable drip/tank atomizer with a coil and cotton wick- you can drip or has a small tank that the cotton wick hang into, so you could refill the tank.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Squonking is as easy to rebuild as a dripper, but because you bottom feed, you con't have to drip, or overcome the learning curve that comes with an RTA

Squonking using bottom feed RDA is rather nice too. Not sure what I would suggest for MTL at high wattage.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have been vaping for a few years. I didn't start to stop smoking, I never really smoked. I just thought I would try it and I liked it. I do have an addictive personality and currently I am addicted to buying vaping equipment. I watch and read many of the reviewers of vaping equipment and I have decided it is time for me to take the next step and try something besides a pod or a sub ohm tank. I definitely do not want to drip. However I do not know the difference between an RDA, RDTA . RBA or anything else I failed to mentioned. I have watched videos and I think I can handle the type of setup where you use a store bought coil and some cotton then trim and assemble it .

The terminologies RDA (Rebuildable dripping atomizer), RDTA (Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer), RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer) and RBA (Rebuildable atomizer) all have a lot in common.
They all have a deck where you insert a coil.
After the coil is in place you put cotton through it and you are good to go.

You won't need to change the coil every time, you can just clean it by taking the cotton out, dry burn the coil, then put new cotton in.

You are looking for a tank where you can rebuild the coils.
An RTA would be what you would probably want.

There are several different kids of build decks
Single Coil
Dual Coil
Mesh

You can buy pre made coils and put them in if you aren't sure how to make them.

I don't think you are going to ber able to vape 35mg/ml nic at 120 watts.
The higher wattage devices put out very large amounts of vapor.
Most people use 3 mg/ml or 6mg/ml in a mod with an RTA.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Here are some RTAs that I use that are single coil decks, they are pretty easy to use and wick- I vape Direct Lung- not MTL, so not sure what RTAs would be good for that.

The Wotofo SMM Serpent Elevate

Vandy Vape Kylin Mini

I use pre built coils similar to these- easy to install, no winding your own

I also use the Augvape Intake RTA and the Geekvape Zeus - both are hard to find in the US, they are pretty much sold out here.

For RDAs I have been using the Asmodus Galatek

Asmodus Vice RDA

I use the Asmodus Luna Squonk box
The Asmodus Pumper
For a great dual battery mod it is the Asmodus Minikin V2
Asmodus is having a 55% off sale right now-
Free shipping in the US too.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

There are a lot of sales happening right now.
This would be a great time to buy a few items.
Many shops are going out of business because of the FDA regulations.
Most of the sales are between now and 09/09/2020

There are some good sites listed right here on the forum:

VU Sponsors