Become a Patron!

Canadian vaping laws paradox?

Hi,

I hope i can find someone who can clarify some of the laws regarding selling and advertising vaping products.

Any laws from anywhere in the world would help me undersrtand but i am looking specifically at the odd "Canadian Quebec State laws" that consider all vaping related product a tobbacco product and is not allowed to be sold or promoted/displayed online.

- How can tobbacco-free Eliquid be consider anything else than "food product" (PG-Flavours-Colorant)

- How can they make legal difference between what they already sell in the baking section of all grocery stores?

- Selling online, how can they "locate" the "online" location? if those are state laws?! can't i just use a foreign server/hosting?? (or send from out of state?)

This might be explain by market standards.... if anybody's got info on that that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,

I hope i can find someone who can clarify some of the laws regarding selling and advertising vaping products.

Any laws from anywhere in the world would help me undersrtand but i am looking specifically at the odd "Canadian Quebec State laws" that consider all vaping related product a tobbacco product and is not allowed to be sold or promoted/displayed online.

- How can tobbacco-free Eliquid be consider anything else than "food product" (PG-Flavours-Colorant) Nicotine and the fact that vaping as we do it started as a smoking alternative.. Cigarette and tobacco taxes are a big revenue generator. Goverments do not like threat to the revenue generation.

- How can they make legal difference between what they already sell in the baking section of all grocery stores? Intended usage

- Selling online, how can they "locate" the "online" location? if those are state laws?! can't i just use a foreign server/hosting?? (or send from out of state?) Because the seller is not the web site, but a person or company that owns the site and does have a physical location... then there's import and export laws, tariffs and taxes to be had here as well.

This might be explain by market standards.... if anybody's got info on that that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Biggest reason is that politicians are whores....... Who ever pays the most money usually get the laws written in their favor. I don't think the vape industry has a bigger wallet than the cigarette lobby or the pharma based anti-smoking lobbies. Both of which are threatened by vapor.

VU Sponsors