Become a Patron!

Cannot get Hana DNA 40 to work right, getting nearly no vapor, any advice would be welcomed!

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My experience. I never had any luck with micro coils with my flask. I use a 4mm drill bit, space wrap, taking time to make sure each wrap/turn is as tight as I can get it to be. 10-14 wraps, finger squeeze on the drill bit. Consistently getting a read of 0.14 to 0.19 ohms. Wicking in my experience is as important and is an ongoing issue for me. Too much and it hits temp control too soon. Too little and my tank floods. I have been rebuilding the subtank coils as well as using the rba. I have bought the kanger ni200 coils but haven't tried it out. My flask was repaired for "weak battery" issue and was returned to me last week or so. Haven't found the time to fiddle with it cause....I've been vaping my freemax starre on my istick 50w 0.25 ohm coil.

No temperature control, no dry hits, same coil for 3 weeks straight now. Crazy flavor and vapor. Less than $100 for the setup. I pre ordered the ipv4 and am looking forward to its performance. Kinda burned out on evol and spending time on making coils just so to make it work right.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I too just got my nickel coild for my kanger.....same thing:( tastes great vapes great and then randomly hits temp control and vape sucks until I put it down or pull it and put it back on, choose new coil and bam vapes great and rinse and repeat.....

Getting discouraged at this point keep going back to standard set up and forget about temp control.

Wondering if I should swap for something else or have a 40 watt overpriced box that I just use for standard builds. I love the size and the feel of the VS though I want it to work right or understand how it's suppose to work. I might go talk to the guys at the shop to see if they have had any experience with the issue or heck maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I don't know I'm already on newby overload and going through cash like water, I'm sure you all know how that is but the ever important part of it all is I'm not smoking so I don't care:)

Johnny P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems like you may have an issue with the device. You can contact VS direct and see what they recommend, or if your local shop will swap it out, go for that. I have both the VS and Flask, and they both work as they should even with the ni200 subtank coils. I do have issues with thicker juices with the premade coils hitting TC. TC can be frustrating and tricky, but I wouldnt give it up just yet. Once working properly, I believe it really can bring out the best of some juices.

Petrus- what was your "weak battery" issue with Flask? I notice mine doesnt last as long as it should and shows weak battery when there is atleast half left.

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Johnny what you have described is exactly the weak battery issue. Eventually, mine would be unusaeble after 20-30 minutes after installing a fresh set of batterires. I wrote vapor flask and this is their reply

Hello
The Weak battery issue you are experiencing is due to a certain few units having a slight tolerance issue with the plastics used in the 3d printed sled. We have found the fix for it and can get it repaired pretty quickly since we have streamlined our repair process. The repair will fix the current issue as well as prevent certain possible future issues.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AtxSxZ-dPYZD6zcdJOtjEd9PmgDvD-rp9WZuaWW_WGg/viewform?usp=send_form
here is a google doc that will direct you to our RMA form so we can get the device here to repair it for you
the shipping address of where to send the device will be provided when the form is completed
once we receive the device it will ship out back to you in about 4 days from us receiving it depending on how many repairs we have going on at the time
I apologize for the issue and we will do what we can to get it back to you as quickly as possible.
Regards,
Preston Kight

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well went to the store I got it from and they have a 7 day return policy......yea 7 days. It's been 15.

Whatever I guess the guy I talked to has one and has had no issues he said they can swap it out if vaporshark contacts them and says they can warranty it through the shop so I don't have down time as this is my only box. Vaporshark must be closed today as I get an answering message saying they will call me back. I guess I will keep you posted as I go hoping it works out:)

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've hear that the DNA chips can be finicky. If the coil isn't completely cool when you turn on the device it can throw it off

VU Sponsors