Become a Patron!

Capsicum Heat

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Has anyone here ever used a dilution of this for use in a recipe for throat hit? This stuff is 15 MILLION on the Scoville Scale. I was going to make a dilution of 0.5% in 10ml of PG, adding one drop to a 30ml bottle of finished juice. Boyfriend tells me this equates to 25, 000 on the scale, still. A jalapeno pepper is 3,000.

He's looking for more throat hit than high PG and even WL nic is giving him. His flavor is only FA Virginia. That's all he wants, all he vapes. But he wants MORE THROAT HIT.

I want to help him, and I love him dearly, but I don't want to scald his insides.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I agree higher nic is probably the way I'd try.
But, I read it's not that hot, someone added a drop per 5ml and enjoyed it. Just make a small sample with one drop. It won't be as intense as you think is my guess.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Be very careful with capsicum. Military grade pepper spray is 2 mil. 75k is almost as hot as the low end of the hottest natural peppers (not counting man bred peppers). Personally, I love spicy stuff and play with peppers, but inhaling it sounds sketchy. If you do play with it, definitely start low. Jalapenos are between 1k and 4k. Can take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale for the scoville scale.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had to check this out as a chilehead... ;)

No, I won't be vaping my Habanero, Trinidad Scorpion or Bhut Jolkia powders anytime soon...a good way to close off your sinuses/throat and die.

Perhaps he needs a stronger/harsher flavor? Add some Tobacco Absolute or such?
Maybe some of the Black Perique or the Seedman stuff..that shit will kill a horse.

I went from smoking bare-ass RYO cheap tobacco to vaping and it required 32-24mg nic and a seriously deep and dark Black 'n Mild tobacco. Worked though. :)

Vaping is not smoking and never will be. Perhaps he's just not ready?

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I appreciate everyone's suggestions, thus far! Thanks guys. I had asked one of the guys from Pure Vapes what they use for "added TH", he told me Capsicum, which is why I even thought about getting this stuff.

He's been vaping about 1.5 yrs now, I've been mixing our stuff for about 10 months and he's just now telling me this, lol. I think if something like this doesn't work out, switching around his flavorings is a really good suggestion. I decreased his nic level quite a while back, at his request, so I'll ask him about that, too.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate everyone's suggestions, thus far! Thanks guys. I had asked one of the guys from Pure Vapes what they use for "added TH", he told me Capsicum, which is why I even thought about getting this stuff.

He's been vaping about 1.5 yrs now, I've been mixing our stuff for about 10 months and he's just now telling me this, lol. I think if something like this doesn't work out, switching around his flavorings is a really good suggestion. I decreased his nic level quite a while back, at his request, so I'll ask him about that, too.

Ah, I gotcha...sorry for assuming stuff. :)

These guys have some bitching liquids, NET's and DIY extracts though: http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/default.asp

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the Flavor West Capsicum Heat one. I still haven't made a dilution of it, but I do plan to. If you ever decide you want to try it out, I still have a full 10ml bottle and would gladly send you a sample of it. I'll post up thoughts once I give it a go.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone here ever used a dilution of this for use in a recipe for throat hit? This stuff is 15 MILLION on the Scoville Scale. I was going to make a dilution of 0.5% in 10ml of PG, adding one drop to a 30ml bottle of finished juice. Boyfriend tells me this equates to 25, 000 on the scale, still. A jalapeno pepper is 3,000.

He's looking for more throat hit than high PG and even WL nic is giving him. His flavor is only FA Virginia. That's all he wants, all he vapes. But he wants MORE THROAT HIT.

I want to help him, and I love him dearly, but I don't want to scald his insides.
Inhaling Capisum is a sure way to get lung problems. If it burns when you eat peppers, it will do the same thing to the lungs and inflame the tissues causing Asthma type symptoms. Just don't do it at all.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, Nikhil's partner told me they use it in their ejuice for throat hit. And thanks for the info @Zamazam, and for the link @Artemis. I've had this stuff for almost a year and never had the nerve to give it a go anyway. As I said, I was thinking about a dilution, but won't.

Nope, never tried using pure grain or anything like that. We don't keep alcohol in the house.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
for an alcohol based th.. start at 1% and go up..
stay away from sweet alcohols, stick with vodka or 151 White! rum

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I hate to be bringing out the big guns here.

But perhaps a higher wattage device is required?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hate to be bringing out the big guns here.

But perhaps a higher wattage device is required?
I like this suggestion!! I've been trying for a while to get him to get something new. Hmm. Christmas! What's recommended that he would not have to fiddle with very much? He doesn't like the box mods, like the iStick or MVP sizes, needs something small enough for his pocket.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. We don't keep alcohol in this house. Thanks, though.

then you will find a hard time to find a good flash substitute..
with the studies on temperature and vaping.. makes me a bit leary on getting a vv/vw..

i think i saw a jalopino flavor somewhere, but for the life of me, cant remember where.. (nopes cant spell it :p )

but with the capsicum, i'd try like .10% per 10ml vg/pg then try and use it..
and if thats not enough, cut that in half too..

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like this suggestion!! I've been trying for a while to get him to get something new. Hmm. Christmas! What's recommended that he would not have to fiddle with very much? He doesn't like the box mods, like the iStick or MVP sizes, needs something small enough for his pocket.
I don't know how small his pockets are.... But a Sigelei 100 watt V2 fits my pocket just fine with a tank up top. But mine is carried in a shirt pocket.

An eGrip fits in your watch pocket of your jeans. And it's 20 watts, if that's enough.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
then you will find a hard time to find a good flash substitute..
with the studies on temperature and vaping.. makes me a bit leary on getting a vv/vw..

i think i saw a jalopino flavor somewhere, but for the life of me, cant remember where.. (nopes cant spell it :p )

but with the capsicum, i'd try like .10% per 10ml vg/pg then try and use it..
and if thats not enough, cut that in half too..
TFA sells jalapeno flavor.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love me some cap extracts... for cooking and even those scare the crap out of me. I have one that ate the plastic cap and rubber stopper and that is 500k SHU, a drop to a gallon of chili or sauce will make it warm more than that it is painful to digest in all honesty.... but inhaling it umm how about NO!

I mean cooking I have used some peppers that have caused an apartment wide EVAC due to the cap floating in the air, but them again I was cooking with Ghosts and a few others.

Honestly I would be leery of putting it in juice period due to the fact the human body cannot process capsicum in any fashion through digestion let alone when you inhale it, there is a reason it is used as a less than lethal.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pretty much at this point telling boyfriend... "deal with it", lol. He's interested now in looking for new equipment. Thanks everyone!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huck, he really might like an Egrip - mine just arrived, and it's an amazing little thing! Tiny, heavy (sort of manly heavy LOL), and really chucks the vapor!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love me some cap extracts... for cooking and even those scare the crap out of me. I have one that ate the plastic cap and rubber stopper and that is 500k SHU, a drop to a gallon of chili or sauce will make it warm more than that it is painful to digest in all honesty.... but inhaling it umm how about NO!

I mean cooking I have used some peppers that have caused an apartment wide EVAC due to the cap floating in the air, but them again I was cooking with Ghosts and a few others.

Honestly I would be leery of putting it in juice period due to the fact the human body cannot process capsicum in any fashion through digestion let alone when you inhale it, there is a reason it is used as a less than lethal.

Capsicum is a potent skin irritant. Ever use Ben-Gay or Atomic Balm? When applied to the skin, it produces a burning irritation of the dermis which the body interprets as a burn thus rushing blood to the area. The net effect is dilation of the capillaries to get blood to the affected area thus relieving pain of sore muscles. In your lungs, the tissues will behave the same. Ever fry a hot pepper in oil with out ventilation? Coughing and hacking are the result, just like the pepper spray the cops use on rowdy crowds. Capsicum isn't a bronchial dilator , it functions as the exact opposite by constricting the bronchial tubes in order for blood to rush to the affected tissues.

My concerns is that as ex-smokers, our lungs are already damaged. Adding substances to ejuice to promote a throat hit that are known to cause repository problems is just plain idiotic in my mind. We quit smoking to enhance our health and lives.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Capsicum is a potent skin irritant. Ever use Ben-Gay or Atomic Balm? When applied to the skin, it produces a burning irritation of the dermis which the body interprets as a burn thus rushing blood to the area. The net effect is dilation of the capillaries to get blood to the affected area thus relieving pain of sore muscles. In your lungs, the tissues will behave the same. Ever fry a hot pepper in oil with out ventilation? Coughing and hacking are the result, just like the pepper spray the cops use on rowdy crowds. Capsicum isn't a bronchial dilator , it functions as the exact opposite by constricting the bronchial tubes in order for blood to rush to the affected tissues.

My concerns is that as ex-smokers, our lungs are already damaged. Adding substances to ejuice to promote a throat hit that are known to cause repository problems is just plain idiotic in my mind. We quit smoking to enhance our health and lives.
Besides that, I have seen people have reactions to capsicum that have been life threatening.
That was just eating it, thinking about the tubby lunch stealing bitch at work... ghost pepper spiked dish of my curry he took it upon himself to inhale. Cost him a trip to the ER and his job for theft.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Gotta agree here.
I have experienced what pepper spray does to you. (Quite by stupid accident) I don't think I would want to purposely inhale it, even in minute quantities.

I don't like hot food anymore, but I used to eat habanero like candy. BLACK habanero sauce. Just inhaling it, smelling it cooking, made me sweat like a pig.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gotta agree here.
I have experienced what pepper spray does to you. (Quite by stupid accident) I don't think I would want to purposely inhale it, even in minute quantities.

I don't like hot food anymore, but I used to eat habanero like candy. BLACK habanero sauce. Just inhaling it, smelling it cooking, made me sweat like a pig.
Funny you mention that. Since I quit smoking and started vaping, I can't tolerate hot foods anymore. I used to love spiced hot stuff! He still eats it like he needs it to breathe. His whole family is like that.

Still.... not making his dilution.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny you mention that. Since I quit smoking and started vaping, I can't tolerate hot foods anymore. I used to love spiced hot stuff! He still eats it like he needs it to breathe. His whole family is like that.

Still.... not making his dilution.
Right! Use to be hotter the better... Not any longer.

VU Sponsors