Become a Patron!

Case for my tube mechs

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have Googled and viewed some casses but not seen the right one. Think Purdge Mods case but large enough for 6-8 tubes. A inexpensive general purpose, egg crate padded case. Any suggestions? Thank you friends. I am not lazy, I have looked but a suitable case might be used for something I have not thought of.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have Googled and viewed some casses but not seen the right one. Think Purdge Mods case but large enough for 6-8 tubes. A inexpensive general purpose, egg crate padded case. Any suggestions? Thank you friends. I am not lazy, I have looked but a suitable case might be used for something I have not thought of.

Revolver case? The one I have would work perfectly for that. I'll see if I can find a link.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/mtm...-13-plastic-black-807-40/FC-026057301501.html

Looks like they have a size that's a little smaller than this one, too.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes!!! That is it and at $10 it's perfect! Thank you that is the one.

Fantastic. You know, that place, Cheaper Than Dirt, is a good place to know about if you're an outdoorsy or crafty sort. My husband loves finding bargains there.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fantastic. You know, that place, Cheaper Than Dirt, is a good place to know about if you're an outdoorsy or crafty sort. My husband loves finding bargains there.
Jeez I really like the case but it is about $15 for shipping which brings it up to $26 and change. Still in the front running. Before I do order I am going to check our local establishments. If I am going to spend $25 I would perfer to support the local economy if I can. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your great idea.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Jeez I really like the case but it is about $15 for shipping which brings it up to $26 and change. Still in the front running. Before I do order I am going to check our local establishments. If I am going to spend $25 I would perfer to support the local economy if I can. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your great idea.

Sportsmansguide.com has a very similar case for $10.99, shipping is $5.99. If you don't find anything locally, that might do the trick.

They also have the cases in brown and gray, in addition to black. Look nice.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-12-hard-sided-pistol-case?a=2190592

Cheaper Than Dirt must think really highly of themselves lately, if they are charging that much for shipping. Won't win them any friends for sure.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sportsmansguide.com has a very similar case for $10.99, shipping is $5.99. If you don't find anything locally, that might do the trick.

They also have the cases in brown and gray, in addition to black. Look nice.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-12-hard-sided-pistol-case?a=2190592

Cheaper Than Dirt must think really highly of themselves lately, if they are charging that much for shipping. Won't win them any friends for sure.
Okay I just ordered the case from the link you provided, Sportsmans Guide. The total was about $17 shipped in 3-7 days. I am very happy, thank you so much for all the assistance. I basically had it done for me. I just pais. I will post pics with the case in use. A comfy home for my tube mechs. I am so exited. Peace and love to all.
Rick

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Harbor freight carries a few different pistol and tool cases that would work great. They had the pistol cases on sale for $5 last time I went in there.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Harbor freight carries a few different pistol and tool cases that would work great. They had the pistol cases on sale for $5 last time I went in there.
Jeez I can not believe I did not think Harbor freight. They DO have about everything there and on the cheap. I did order one from Sportsmans Guide for a bit less than $20 shipped. The next one will definately be Harbor freight. Thank you and have a peaceful week.
Rick

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

VU Sponsors