Become a Patron!

Ceramic coils for best flavor

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just watching a youtube on a couple of the new ceramic coil tanks. The claim is that these types of tanks produce better flavor. Anyone using these...either the Krixus or Target tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried the ceramic coil in the Scylla tank. I wasn't overly impressed. It did have a different taste to it but was it better? I don't think so.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know about these tanks but I've vaped porous ceramic wicks in my gennys for years, and nothing begins to touch a ceramic wick for flavor.....i've been eyeing that target tank,but I think they are going to make the ceramic coils even better.

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So is ceramic coils the coming thing? I really am thinking about the target tank. Coil life is expected to be a month according to the video.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bunch of manufactures jumping on the ceramic coil bandwagon now. Haven't tried any yet but I will soon. It's the next big money maker for them. Like when temp control came out everyone jumped on that bandwagon. Same thing is happening with ceramic coils

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is ceramic coils the coming thing? I really am thinking about the target tank. Coil life is expected to be a month according to the video.

I don't know as if you would call them coils so much as ceramic heating elements...personally I think the best scenario is if they could come uo with a system which I think the Vaperreso target maybe like...where they have a ceramic that was porous enough to wick juice, and act as a heating element at the same time....

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using the cCell Ni coil and it has good flavor, not unbelievable, but good.

Vapor production is seriously lacking to where I think I would want to vape a 6ml/mg nic instead of the 3 that I usually vape.

I hear they take a while to break in and I've used it off and on for 2 days now so maybe flavor will improve still? Jury is still out.

Horizon's coil sounds promising.

Pulsevape, I think you're right, they will be great if they can find a more porous ceramic.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll wait until they get a decent coil/atty out there.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The new Defiant from COV comes with a .5 ceramic coil and is very tasty. I have had some issues with juice flooding, but overall very pleased with the taste and performance. On par if not better flavor wise than the ccell .9s I have been using, with a much more open draw allowing for more satisfying lung hits and vapor production.

Have the ceramikus on the way, hopefully should have it tomorrow and will post my thoughts on it. Also have preordered the gemini and krixus, looking forward to testing those out.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ecigavenue has the krixus in stock, use code vape2016 and it brings it down to $26

rock2011

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree. Vaporesso ceramic coil I think is the best. Now more and more ceramic coils.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
used the ccell not impressed for a direct to lung vaper . for MTL it would be a good coil.

using the krixus ATM on my dna200 using a tungsten tcr profile from steam engine 340F 45 watts. first impression. nice decent air flow for Direct , Flavor wise on par maybe slightly better then the vapeston ceramikas with the fgcc coils. also going to do a comparison to the gigue dolphin. not going to mess with the altus unless i win it in a contest or i come across the money to burn on such a small tank i would prefer a 4ml+ capacity. and top fill these days

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I need to set my mod up for the tungsten so I can run it in tc mode. Currently just running the krixus in wattage and am very happy with the flavor and clouds. Initially was running it at 40 but am at 60 now and to me it's a great vape. The ccell were to tight of a draw for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Anyone remember the original Aspire Atlantis? You know the one that lasted a month or so between coil changes?

They were ceramic coils......

But... Cotten had a lot of buzz about it, people were going gaga about Japanese cotton and there were some people that were concerned about the possibility of the ceramic breaking down and being inhaled......

Anyhow ceramic is coming back thankfully, i got tired of my 2nd generation coils lasting for 1 tank or so but what has piqued my interest is Kangers development of the Dripbox, a TC, Squonking kit with included Atty. I expect to see lots of me-too copies of this and about time!

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have my Krixus on an rx200. Awesome flavor and very decent cloud. My go to vape guy let me try his Krixus for a couple of days before I bought mine and I love it. He runs his at about 120 watts after head break in. The heads are supposed to last 6 months. Not sure how long my vape guy has had his but I know it has been a while. I like the idea of the cotton and it is easy to change.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the COV Defiant tank 2 days ago. It is a nice vape with the ceramic coil but so far I don't think it is a game changer compared to my Steam Engine, Cleito or Crown. The drip tip also heats up way too fast compared to my Steam Engine, not that it is the fault of the ceramic coil, but flavor wise it is not better than the Steam Engines clapton coil.

The COV Defiant ceramic coils have the cotton wrapped around it though, I held off getting the vaporesso because of the tight draw. Maybe ceramic coils will be the next big thing but I think they still have a lot of work to get it right IMO.

AndyF150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got the Kanger ceramic SSOCC coils in yesterday. I put one in my toptank mini and it's working like a champ. I've heard some people complaining about a slower ramp up time but that hasn't been my experience. I have noticed that the draw seems to be a little more restrictive but I can still take direct lung hits.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Don't let them fool you. It depends on what juice you're using. I can vape unflavored easy for a month. Or destroy a coil in a matter of minutes with a dark juice.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The new Defiant from COV comes with a .5 ceramic coil and is very tasty.
I'm VERY late to the party. I have never tried ceramic coils..I think lol. I got the Defiant recently and am breaking in my first coil. Looking inside the actual coil, I was like WTF? I thought I could see an actual spiral wire coil, but imbedded in some hard material. That must be the ceramic stuff. This thing needs to ramp up, but the flavor is good. The mouth piece doesn't like the ramp and gets heated up quick. It's fun to try, and I look forward to using this more cuz the taste is different.

VU Sponsors