Become a Patron!

Challenge: What pissed you off today??

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It doesn't piss me off but it's annoying when someone says Two-Thosand-And-______. We didn't say One Thousand, Nine Hundred and Eighty-Five. It's Nineteen Eighty-Five. What's so hard about saying Twenty Nineteen for example. I don't know if I'm in the minority but I think "Two Thousand and Nineteen" sounds dumb.

For the first nine years of this century I believe 0-9 or Oh-Nine sounds better than "Two thousand and Nine".

I'm not trying to change people or even correct them when I hear it. It just bugs me for whatever reason.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took wife to DR appt today. Just a 6 mos thing. After DR appt had to stop and get her an overpriced cup of Mocha. drive on a bit then the wife asked me if I farted I said yes and opened my window a bit. Then said that reminds me I have to stop at Lowes and get some crack filler.

Now I have to clean mocha off the passenger side dashboard and windshield.

ilikeitfruity

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm starting to get a bit pissed off with customer services today. I understand that postage issues happen but when an agent says they will message you and then don't bother that does it for me. Don't want to sound ungrateful as it was a competition win but I wants it, it's my precious.....:gaah:

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
errr-super hot water from kitchen sink--not good-think hot water heater is shot! It is well over 10 yr old though. but still

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the WH is electric replacing all 3 of the control units under the 2 covers should fix it.
NOTE Only to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.
a good tech could figure out which one is wrong but the units are pretty cheap compared to the cost of a new WH.
So play it safe and replace all 3.

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the WH is electric replacing all 3 of the control units under the 2 covers should fix it.
NOTE Only to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.
a good tech could figure out which one is wrong but the units are pretty cheap compared to the cost of a new WH.
So play it safe and replace all 3.
It's about 20yrs old so the newer ones are probably much more efficient I do have someone coming over to take a look though so we'll see. It is electric'
Thanks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's about 20yrs old so the newer ones are probably much more efficient I do have someone coming over to take a look though so we'll see. It is electric'
Thanks
20 yrs old? Replace then. yep newer ones are better insulated/more efficient and if you replaced the control modules you would likely have a leaky water heater in less than 5 years.

Hope it does not fit in there too tight the new ones are slightly larger due to more insulation, so not necessarially a direct fit.

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a certain person on a certain thread so annoying to me that-just uggg
So if I "ignore someone" what exactly happens?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If your on tapatalk not much. However; if you're on a browser it is as if the person doesnt exist. You won't see anything they post.

More people should use that feature.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do not see their posts or if someone replies to the ignored persons posts you do not see the quote from the ignored person. Makes it kind of cryptic but worth it for some.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perfect! Thank you.Will try out.
Also if you do not want to see a thread that is in the U mad Bro forum in the new post list just put the one that started the thread on ignore.
And of course unwatch the thread.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Actually I see that they posted to a thread if it is the last post in a watched thread. I do not see what they posted though. Using Chrome browser.

Well if I'm not mistaken, you can always see, at the bottom of the page or at the end of the thread, if there are posts in that thread by a member you have on Ignore.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if I'm not mistaken, you can always see, at the bottom of the page or at the end of the thread, if there are posts in that thread by a member you have on Ignore.
Yep I think it says "show ignored posts".
I currently just have 2 on ignore. 1 just because I do not want to see the disgusting thread they started.

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool! Just tried-I like. Can watch a train wreck when I want. @f1r3b1rd don't think there is rule breaking going on-just disruption of a very enjoyable friendly thread.Ignore solves this for me.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cool! Just tried-I like. Can watch a train wreck when I want. @f1r3b1rd don't think there is rule breaking going on-just disruption of a very enjoyable friendly thread.Ignore solves this for me.
Dont you love how some people can't stand it when others are having a good time

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dont blame you, you showed far more patience than anyone else would ...

Dumbasses
I gave them every chance til they told me for the 2nd time to contact USPS, even though it's still in China, and this is after they said they'd refund my purchase if it didn't show up by Tuesday. Told them that, then went straight to Paypal. Fuckers and earholes, man.

VU Sponsors