Become a Patron!

Charger choice -

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
About the same price - any advice/suggestions?
About my use:
- no interest in USB connect or portability, this is staying in one spot, plugged in
- top speed isn't really critical, I often charge at 0.5, because I don't need the battery back in use right away, and my understanding is this extends life a tiny bit

Here's the two I'm looking at:

Vapcell S4 Plus
Grufalcom "All-44"
or maybe the XStar VC4S, just because I've had XStar, and they held up really well...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use the efest luc-4. it's old but works. It has settings for 0.5 1a or 2 bay 2a. I happened to get two on them at once really cheap.
The only problem I ever end up having with chargers is the spring goes bad in one of the slots. I had an older 4 bay Xtar go bad that way, also a nitecore i4 did the same. I kept the i4 because it charges ni-cad stuff as well. it's just a 3 bay charger now lol
I also heard that slower charging extends cell life.
The vapecell seems really nice. I see they go out of their way to mention that a protected 21700 fits. it even has 0.25 for the super slow charge mode.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
About the same price - any advice/suggestions?
About my use:
- no interest in USB connect or portability, this is staying in one spot, plugged in
- top speed isn't really critical, I often charge at 0.5, because I don't need the battery back in use right away, and my understanding is this extends life a tiny bit

Here's the two I'm looking at:

Vapcell S4 Plus
Grufalcom "All-44"
or maybe the XStar VC4S, just because I've had XStar, and they held up really well...
I have the All44 and the VP4S.
They both work well . Don’t think you’ll be disappointed with either one

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use the efest luc-4. it's old but works. It has settings for 0.5 1a or 2 bay 2a. I happened to get two on them at once really cheap.
The only problem I ever end up having with chargers is the spring goes bad in one of the slots. I had an older 4 bay Xtar go bad that way, also a nitecore i4 did the same. I kept the i4 because it charges ni-cad stuff as well. it's just a 3 bay charger now lol
The vapecell seems really nice. I see they go out of their way to mention that a protected 21700 fits. it even has 0.25 for the super slow charge mode.
I use the same and 20700's are tight but fit. 26650's as well.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I recently decided on a compact 2 bay since already have a 4 bay. My decision on what 2 bay was mostly decided on spring tension so I got one that fit the longer protected 21700. Easy spring because our unprotected doesn't require stretching it to its limit.
If I were to buy a 4 bay right now it would be VapeCell S4 Plus, most likely from here
There's 2 versions. This upgraded version fits the longer protected cells.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the All44 and the VP4S.
They both work well . Don’t think you’ll be disappointed with either one
I use the same and 20700's are tight but fit. 26650's as well.
I recently decided on a compact 2 bay since already have a 4 bay. My decision on what 2 bay was mostly decided on spring tension so I got one that fit the longer protected 21700. Easy spring because our unprotected doesn't require stretching it to its limit.
If I were to buy a 4 bay right now it would be VapeCell S4 Plus, most likely from here
There's 2 versions. This upgraded version fits the longer protected cells.
Vapemail. Took a while - but it wasn't urgent. Display's all faded on my Xtar, but it was working fine...
Anyway - it's here and chugging away, lol

new charger S4.jpg

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine stopped charging a few days ago. I blew the cat hair off with caned duster and if did not work after. It will be missed.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a LUC3, was a LUC4 but one bay went bad. I bought this charger shortly after I joined here in 2014 (can't remember exactly when, and am still usein it. When the one bay burnt out about 2 years ago I bought another Luc 4 for when the first crapped out, because the first did so well.

VU Sponsors