Become a Patron!

Cherry Custard Pie

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey all in vaped lab, came up with this based on my last cherry failure a few weeks back.
3% FA black cherry
1% FA cherry
5% cap vanilla custard base mix I had stepped for a month
.5 FA cookie
Shake ready to vape.
I smelled it and oh so delicious but I haven't vaped it yet because I am gonna be pissed if this one sucks too so im holding off lololol

What's your thoughts on the mix as written?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all in vaped lab, came up with this based on my last cherry failure a few weeks back.
3% FA black cherry
1% FA cherry
5% cap vanilla custard base mix I had stepped for a month
.5 FA cookie
Shake ready to vape.
I smelled it and oh so delicious but I haven't vaped it yet because I am gonna be pissed if this one sucks too so im holding off lololol

What's your thoughts on the mix as written?

Sounds delicious - go on, try it - enquiring minds want to know (I happen to have 10% Caps custard that's been steeping for months!)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I do want to test it. But honestly I am really digging a peach that's in my tank now so I may stay on this for a bit longer

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
eager to hear how it is. I have both cherries and have been wondering what to do with them.

& what peach?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Put this mix in my tank this am and it is a very nice vape. Extremely smooth and satisfying. Def not on the sucky list and may be a ADV for those who enjoy the dark tones that you get from black cherry. The Cap Vanilla custard mix base was a mix that I made up a month ago and had steeping in the closet. I dont have the exact recipe for that but it is here in the recipe section called "Very Vanilla Custard" (memory tells me the V2 custard was at 12.5% plus other flavors as well). You may find that you want to increase the custard a bit. My first crack had the custard at 7.5% and it overpowered the Cherry. dropping it down to 5% is a nice touch. For those who like a heavy custard flavor, I am sure you can increase this to your liking. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it.. Have a great day and safe vaping

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
eager to hear how it is. I have both cherries and have been wondering what to do with them.

& what peach?
Hi @SusanP4, I find these two cherries together do make for a nice cherry flavor. The cherry by its own is a bit weak IMO and the Black Cherry brings them both to life. The peach.... well all i can say is I wish I knew exactly what it is. It is remainders of a few bad attempts that I had lying around and I put them together and it turned out to be pretty good once some extended time had passed. hahahah, My notes on these are all screwy because I vaped some, added a little of this or that, vaped some more in attempts to perfect it then just put it to the side for a rainy day. Hate it when that happens but I now have a pretty nice peach that I probably will never be able to duplicate again..

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi @SusanP4, I find these two cherries together do make for a nice cherry flavor. The cherry by its own is a bit weak IMO and the Black Cherry brings them both to life. The peach.... well all i can say is I wish I knew exactly what it is. It is remainders of a few bad attempts that I had lying around and I put them together and it turned out to be pretty good once some extended time had passed. hahahah, My notes on these are all screwy because I vaped some, added a little of this or that, vaped some more in attempts to perfect it then just put it to the side for a rainy day. Hate it when that happens but I now have a pretty nice peach that I probably will never be able to duplicate again..

I've gotten a couple of pretty good vapes that way myself.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok so onto a new batch of this. Yup between Me and my vape buddy 30 ml gone in one day. This new batch I added 1% FA marshmallow for a little fluffy. Oh so yummy

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Looks good but I hate Capella's custard. Flavour Art's is really good and would go well if this doesn't end up working for you.
Hey @Rin13. I actually use FA custard in many of my mixes. Just this one seems to like the Cap V2 a bit better than the FA (possibly because there are other flavors in my V@ custard base as well). I just got in 120 ml of FA custard last week if thats any indication of how much I life the FA version. I find the FA version is easier to use and requires very little steeping at all unlike the CAP version. They both have a place in my vaping rotation :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you ever tried your recipe with FA Custard and if so, what % did you use it at?

Unfortunately, I still don't have any CAP VC ... :(

TIA!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
@NGAHaze, I actually have used FA in this recipe and find it pretty pleasing. I used 3% and it was good. I did just find a new custard at Mama J's called Game Over. I vaped it last night and am still in custard heaven. I think that would be out of this world in this mix. Plus I found if I add about 1% black cherry from FA you get a little bit of a cherry cobbler taste as well. Good Luck

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks TVD!! I'm going to get some of that GO custard soon but in the meantime, I'm going to try it with FA and your suggestions.

Much appreciated!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thanks TVD!! I'm going to get some of that GO custard soon but in the meantime, I'm going to try it with FA and your suggestions.

Much appreciated!
@NGAHaze. I actually like it better with FA version over Cap. Less steeping time. I will probably mix it again this week with GO and thinking that will be awesome. With the FA you may need to adjust it to your liking. Have fun with it

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put this mix in my tank this am and it is a very nice vape. Extremely smooth and satisfying. Def not on the sucky list and may be a ADV for those who enjoy the dark tones that you get from black cherry. The Cap Vanilla custard mix base was a mix that I made up a month ago and had steeping in the closet. I dont have the exact recipe for that but it is here in the recipe section called "Very Vanilla Custard" (memory tells me the V2 custard was at 12.5% plus other flavors as well). You may find that you want to increase the custard a bit. My first crack had the custard at 7.5% and it overpowered the Cherry. dropping it down to 5% is a nice touch. For those who like a heavy custard flavor, I am sure you can increase this to your liking. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it.. Have a great day and safe vaping
Question about your custard base. You mixed up the very vanilla custard recipe with pg and vg, no nic, let it steep, and then used that as your custard flavoring?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Question about your custard base. You mixed up the very vanilla custard recipe with pg and vg, no nic, let it steep, and then used that as your custard flavoring?
Good Day @Frankm and @Shark Vape . When I made the custard base, it was only the flavors (that belong to the very vanilla custard mix) along with VG / PG. NO NIc at that time. Then once it was all steeped in (about a month in the cabinet), I used it as a "flavor": if you will into the final mix. Then I added the Nic to all the flavors and VG/PG, shook it and vaped the hell out of it. Its still one of my favorites.

The custard pre-steep was simply to add all the flavors needed in the very custard mix, 4 hours into the crockpot at 150 degress (I also use a UC from time to time), then a good shake again when it comes out of the crock. It will be very thin and watery. After it cools down to room temp, I placed a label on it and into a dark cabinet for 4 weeks. Periodically I will go and shake it up over the next 4 weeks. once the time has passed, the mix will be thick and pretty dark. Hope that helps to answer the question.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, I just wanted to make sure I was thinking it through correctly. I've not found a real custard recipe I really liked, but this seems like something I'd be interested in.

I'll mix up some base custard and let it steep until I can get some black cherry in. I'm quiet surprised I don't have any. I've made it a point to order every fa flavor I can find just so I can mix anything.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yup, I just wanted to make sure I was thinking it through correctly. I've not found a real custard recipe I really liked, but this seems like something I'd be interested in.

I'll mix up some base custard and let it steep until I can get some black cherry in. I'm quiet surprised I don't have any. I've made it a point to order every fa flavor I can find just so I can mix anything.
Yup, you got it correct. At first I thought the Cherry would be a good one but it didnt really come to life until I added in the black cherry. Now for the kicker.... At the time, I made this up the Very Vanilla custard was one of my favorite custards. Since then, I have found the ultimate Vanilla custard. It is Game Over by Mama J's. This beats any custard I have ever tried. There are a few threads on it in this forum. I highly recommend it over the very vanilla custard base or Caps V2. Hope that helps

VU Sponsors