Become a Patron!

Cigarettes?

barry35

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are E-Cigs Really Healthier than Cigarettes?

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to go ahead and say, I believe so. :)
I feel much better after quitting cigs and starting vaping - I can walk forever now, taste my food, all good things. Vaping hasn't given me or anyone I've ever met online or offline health trouble at all. That is what we know, for now. Anything to get us off the smoking death sticks.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only been over a month for me but I can smell more taste better and generally feel better. Is vaping bad? Probably. Is it healthier then smoking definately. Just by trying it for a bit you will see. Everyone is gonna have their own personal opinion and cause either way. Best way to figure that out for you is to try it for you. Reason I began vaping was to try something different. Reason I quit smoking...To feel healthier. Has vaping done that yes. I wouldn't have been able to quit smoking without it. Now it has become a hobby as well.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ecigs off the bat do not have feces and urine in them... unlike tobacco.
Yep.
556addd1c87c3_84511b.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ecigs off the bat do not have feces and urine in them... unlike tobacco.
Nobody has done significant research to indicate that E-cigs are harmless however, with Ecigs you have cut the amount of chemicals you are inhaling by about 4000 so I guess one could assume they are better

Ecigclopedia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU!

Opinion can vary from person to person and from source to source.

But shortly about my personal experience:
I used to smoke cigarettes around 8 years, 1 pack per day.
I quit smoking for 6 months, health improved significantly.

Then I started to feel, that something is missing and I needed to make decision:
1. Try to withstand without anything.
2. Start smoking.
3. Electronic cigarettes.

As my work is really stressful I choosed option 3.
In Conclusion - Nothing changed in state of health. Feeling is the same, as I have quit smoking. I can breath free, no cough, no addiction (maybe a little bit from cloud chasing) and of course I don't smell.

Of course, I strongly believe that cheap or low budget e-liquids can be harmful, but of course, not so harmful as cigarettes. I could suggest you to read this article - http://ecigclopedia.com/infographic-why-is-vaping-better-than-smoking-cigarettes/

By the way, also UK government and other countries has shown support for vaping.

But I strongly you recommend to read more on our or other websites.

If you have any questions - feel free.

Vape on!

I wouldn't say e-cigs are healthier than cigaretttes. But e-cigs are less harmful than cigarettes.

Do a test, light a cigarette, and blow it on a white piece of napkin. And do the same with an e-cig with another piece of napkin. Then compare the napkin. See which one you rather inhale.

I started smoking when I was 17. I am 63 now, and I smoked well in the last 20 yrs. 2 packs a day. After getting out of the hospital with Pneumonia and copd on june 3rd 2014, My Son bought me a vape kit. I have not smoked any, and I vape everyday, so Is vaping good for you? maybe not, but my breathing is great, No weezing, and I feel great, so to me.....vaping added years onto my life, and I Love Donuts!!!!!!..Vape On......

24 years smoking = oxygen tanks in public, a 75 foot long tube connected to a oxygen machine in my house.
Inhaler and symbcort in my pocket. O2 level at rest 85 on the move as low as 79!

7 months vaping 02 level is back to 97% no oxygen tanks or tubes, overall health great no spots on my lungs and as others have said senses are back to normal.

Vaping literally saved my life. Yes everyone has a story and an opinion but as for me and my wife vaping is much safer for us as compared to the funk of cigarettes!

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been vaping for a couple of years now and never was a smoker (had my own reasons for vaping). I can say that I can't tell a difference in my breathing or general health from vaping. I can however tell a big positive difference in my mental health and reduction in anxiety.

While I can't say for sure either way I wouldn't say it is HEALTHY, but I would say it is a big step up from smoking cigarettes and you can also slowly cut down the nicotine dosages for the e-cigarettes to help quite.

JMarca

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are E-Cigs Really Healthier than Cigarettes?
No, they are MUCH healthier than cigarettes, by leaps and bounds!
To put it into perspective, 4 years ago I could barely wake up in the morning without coughing blood, today when I'm not working I get up run 3 miles then another 3 miles home, the smoke is what kills you.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, lets talk about things that are supposed to be healthy.

excersise: yes its healthier than being sedentary, but if done wrong or in excess like many do this can bring on all sorts of orthopedic problems.

eating: this is a very touchy subject, but you NEED to eat and everything even greens can be dangerous unless you grow it yourself, make sure the soil is free from toxic ingredients etc.

walking, driving, healthy but if youre unlucky, you can get killed doing either.

Breathing: we need air, but unless youre on a remote place with no cars, no airplanes ever over head, and even then, there are fungal spores, bacteria etc.

LOVE: like the songs say, its wonderful, but it can cause bad side effects.... Broken hearts, broken bones and DEATH.

So yes, you can keep yourself in a box, but you are still in danger of dying.

Yeap, this sounds like Im being an ass, but life is a balance of enjoyment vs needs. We should be able to decide by having access to real information not "myths" and research funded by those with money to gain or loose.

Most of what is in eliquid is in most products we use daily. All our hygienic products, in our foods, in the animals we eat and for those who only eat plants there are dangers too. Unless you produce it you are only taking the words of a label.

So do your research and make an educated decision on what you can and can not live without and how convenient it is to live in the style you choose.

WHew, that turned into "ThAT rant" that I have to give every few months to those that get on my case for some of my choices.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, lets talk about things that are supposed to be healthy.

excersise: yes its healthier than being sedentary, but if done wrong or in excess like many do this can bring on all sorts of orthopedic problems.

eating: this is a very touchy subject, but you NEED to eat and everything even greens can be dangerous unless you grow it yourself, make sure the soil is free from toxic ingredients etc.

walking, driving, healthy but if youre unlucky, you can get killed doing either.

Breathing: we need air, but unless youre on a remote place with no cars, no airplanes ever over head, and even then, there are fungal spores, bacteria etc.

LOVE: like the songs say, its wonderful, but it can cause bad side effects.... Broken hearts, broken bones and DEATH.

So yes, you can keep yourself in a box you are in danger of dying.

Yeap, this sounds like Im being an ass, but life is a balance of enjoyment vs needs. We should be able to decide by having access to real information not "myths" and research funded by those with money to gain or loose.

Most of what is in eliquid is in most products we use daily. All our hygienic products, in our foods, in the animals we eat and for those who only eat plants there are dangers too. Unless you produce it you are only taking the words of a label.

So do your research and make an educated decision on what you can and can not live without and how convenient it is to live in the style you choose.

WHew, that turned into "ThAT rant" that I have to give every few months to those that get on my case for some of my choices.
Agree..
You are not going to get out of this motherfucker (life) alive.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

I look at it as I get 6,999 less chemicals by not smoking..........

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Math was never my best subject....:rolleyes:

Still the 3 words I enjoy hearing. I love to tell people who say that vaping isn't safe and I say well yes Nicotine is known to cause birth defects but I have no worries about getting pregnant. Then I throw in that at the Nicotine level I am at right now I have to vape all day continuously to get the same amount of nicotine that I used to get from only one cigarette. Love to hear the crickets at that point.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can vape in bed without fear of accidentally burning the house down. I don't need filthy ashtrays now. Can vape in dead chill of Winter while riding in my wife's truck. Wife gets no second hand smoke, dogs don't either. I have a wide variety of flavors to sample ergo no frustration with tar monotony, feeling sick. Have reduced nicotine intake despite using a high level of nicotine, need to vape about 2ml a day to get what be roughly 1 cigarette, no cravings for cigarettes. I used to smoke half to a pack a day and was continually on a fiend for another cigarette. My blood pressure has dropped, yes, I take medicine for that, but I'm also sure cigarettes did not help lower it. I don't have to puke up bile from my lungs now every two or three months.

Safer? I think so. Even if not, clear to me I prefer the benefits more than any trivial risk involved. "Oh damn, I'm addicted to the Hawk Sauce flavor. Quick someone pass me the Fruit Breeze from Vapor 4 Life, I'm Saucing here!"

Flavor wise, I think I'm more and more inclined to just use unflavored "50/50" base at 18% nicotine. I only have maybe 4 flavors I enjoy and I'm not seeing value to a premium for them if I'm strictly vaping for the nicotine. If nothing else, get a bit of the 100% vapers use, not the 100% PURE nicotine, some VG&PG, mix up big batches of unflavored. Buy flavors if/when I want at very reduced cost, figure my mix and go from there.

SantosPerea

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have gone through many reviews online and found ecigs are much better than cigarettes.I am still collecting information and it was interesting to read out such valuable details..

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would you trust more a cup of tar, or a cup of coffee ?

A cup of coffee. Although in parts of LA, you cannot really tell a difference between the two. That is not saying coffee is bad in LA. In fact it is quite good, very tasty, very effective at causing one to wake up, or go to sleep depending on one's inclination to coffee.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Math was never my best subject....:rolleyes:

I used to work in a poultry processing plant. One of the supervisors kept being frustrated with me regarding my counting of the birds going by on the line. They would ask, "how many birds have gone by?"

"One, two, one two, one two ... Two," I would reply.

"Can you not count past two," they would ask.

"No"

"I want to know in the past fifteen minutes how many birds went by," they say.

"Well, you're a supervisor and have told me the line runs at 1,200 birds an hour. I would estimate about 300 have went by in fifteen minutes."

"Why did you not say that instead of two," they asked.

"Well, you ask right then and I went to XXX high school, we don't learn to count that fast. If you had asked for fifteen minutes, I would have said what I told you."

"Oh."

They disliked someone out witting them on the spot like that. I thought it was hilarious though.

Frostino

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
At this point it's even become common to witness those televised doctors, such as "Doctor Oz" promote e-cigarettes over ordinary cigarettes. No study has proven an e-cigarette to even begin to compare to an ordinary cigarettes in terms of health concerns. In fact most studies prove that e-juice is a very safe alternative to cigarettes.

Infinitevapour

Unlisted Vendor
If you are chain-smoker and very addicted with cigarettes then E-cigarette does help you to reduce nicotine cigarettes in daily use.

Yes, e-cig is healthier than cigarettes. any more slipping out and passing up a great opportunity to smoke. Since e-cigs discharge vapor rather than tar, fiery debris and smoke, you can utilize them in numerous open spots where tobacco cigarettes aren't permitted.

hollynorth

Member For 4 Years
E cigarettes really healthier. Uk give a great permission for e-cigarettes. Informative articles give generally feel better.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have no idea.
Welcome to VU. Cruise through this thread and make use of the links, it's up to you to decide for yourself. Personally I believe vaping is healthier than smoking. I've been vaping 4-5 years and I feel much better, breathe easier, no morning coughs and far fewer sinus attacks.

VU Sponsors