Become a Patron!

Clapton Coil 26+32 Gauge best Watt ?

xibilius

Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

I recently purchased some Clapton Wire from Demon Killer (26+32 Gauge)
I use it on MageRTA dual coil build with both 6 wraps displays 0.4 Ohm
What is in this case the ideal Wattage to smoke it at ?

Thanks

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best power level for any build is the same........ it's the level YOU like best. NOT the level someone else likes best.

Start at the lowest setting you can get vapor from.. take a hit or 2.. if not what you wamt.. turn up the power for the next. Repeat till happy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

xibilius

Member For 4 Years
The best power level for any build is the same........ it's the level YOU like best. NOT the level someone else likes best.

Start at the lowest setting you can get vapor from.. take a hit or 2.. if not what you wamt.. turn up the power for the next. Repeat till happy.

Hey :D
Thanks for the reply !
The truth is : i'm actually worried about the voltage
I like it @ 55W but then it's like ~4.7V
Isn't that dangerous or deteriorates the build faster ? :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use as many or as few volts as you need to get the watts you want. As long as the resulting AMP draw is safe for the batteries and/or mod you will be safe. If you have a regulated mod it won't fire at levels unsafe for the mod.

Take my Pico 75 watt it will not fire beyond a 25 amp load. It will put out from 1 to 75 watts at 1 to 9volts. It will fire a coil from .1ohm to 3ohm.. but due to the amp limit might not give the full 75 watts for the complete ohm range.

xibilius

Member For 4 Years
You can use as many or as few volts as you need to get the watts you want. As long as the resulting AMP draw is safe for the batteries and/or mod you will be safe. If you have a regulated mod it won't fire at levels unsafe for the mod.

Take my Pico 75 watt it will not fire beyond a 25 amp load. It will put out from 1 to 75 watts at 1 to 9volts. It will fire a coil from .1ohm to 3ohm.. but due to the amp limit might not give the full 75 watts for the complete ohm range.

Got it ! Thanks

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You dont. Me I'm a smoker who vapes... instead of smoking.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... sort of thing.

So that was just a long way to say you don't smoke either, right?

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I use distilled water occasionally to thin juices... So technically i do vape water, and therefore I do steam! :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So that was just a long way to say you don't smoke either, right?
Depends on perspective i guess.

While i may no longer smoke... i still consider myself a smoker... or at least a tobacco user. See i have yet to find a juice without a tobacco base i like. So yeah i don't smoke anymore. But to the rest of the world..

If it looks like a duck......

I just don't use PC terminology to justify denial. If i hadn't smoked for 40 years i might see it different.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see what you are saying kinda like me where as I don't vape where I couldn't smoke.

Though the fact is we don't smoke, it's not smoke and we all don't want the public seeing it as smoke; even though most don't understand it.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see what you are saying kinda like me where as I don't vape where I couldn't smoke.

Though the fact is we don't smoke, it's not smoke and we all don't want the public seeing it as smoke; even though most don't understand it.
I still see myself as doing most of the acts of smoking. . The difference is only the methods.

Too some having the occasional pipe or cigar is also considered Not being a smoker.

Too a non vaper non smoker the cloud looks the same. It is assumed to be smoke first. Therefore it is a form of smoking. A cloud is a cloud.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I still see myself as doing most of the acts of smoking. . The difference is only the methods.

Too some having the occasional pipe or cigar is also considered Not being a smoker.

Too a non vaper non smoker the cloud looks the same. It is assumed to be smoke first. Therefore it is a form of smoking. A cloud is a cloud.

Well that's where education comes into play. But to play on the phrase of looks like a duck. Another saying is where there is smoke there's fire in which this is not the case.

But by your definition if you were to put the tobacco in between your cheek and gum then you would be a smoker still.

A smoker is a smoker because he/she sets the tobacco on fire and inhales the smoke

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A cloud is a cloud? So your saying it rains from the smoke up in the sky

Sorry. I had to...

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just don't use PC terminology to justify denial
I'm still a nicotine addict, but nothing is set on fire so I am NOT a smoker.
Just because the public is too stupid to understand the difference doesn't make what I do smoking

VU Sponsors