Become a Patron!

coil build??

Dirtball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been building dual parallel coils with 24g and they were getting down to .05 ohms, so I went a bought smaller wire to get the ohms up, went with 28g royal wire. I just built another dual parallel coil 5 wraps and it ohm out to .07 when I fire it the mod and battery DO NOT get hot, I am using a purple 35amp efest and a vtc4, do you think it will be ok and that the batteries can handle it?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it will handle it just fine.

Dirtball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good to know I was kinda freaking my self out about it

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Um, pulling 60 amps from a 20 amp battery (efest) or 30 amp battery (Sony) is ok? It's not ok. Unless of course you meant .7 instead of .07.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was talking about the 28 gauge wire not the other stuff , i am no battery expert by any means and leave those question to others.

Dirtball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It was not a typo, I removed the build from the rda

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good idea Dirtball , you don't want to take chances with batteries and stuff like that , could blow your face off , not a good thing.

Dirtball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good to know boom I am not gunna push it any more, try and keep my builds around .3 to .5

Dirtball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just downloaded it thanks for the help guys

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been building dual parallel coils with 24g and they were getting down to .05 ohms, so I went a bought smaller wire to get the ohms up, went with 28g royal wire. I just built another dual parallel coil 5 wraps and it ohm out to .07 when I fire it the mod and battery DO NOT get hot, I am using a purple 35amp efest and a vtc4, do you think it will be ok and that the batteries can handle it?

The efest 35 amp battery can handle safely down to a 0.12 build.

Just look for an ohms law calculator. It should help you stay away from potentially dangerous builds. I use this one on my iPhone:

Ohm's Law by Creature Code Mobile, LLC
https://appsto.re/ca/Lxfnx.i

Just remember that the advertised amp limit on your battery is probably the pulse amp spec. Find out what the continuous amp output is for your battery so you don't go past it. I don't usually get anywhere close to it.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Seriously with this battery fear. If you dont know how low you can safely build, do not build at all. That is the only 100% safe way to vape. I can vape safely with crazy low 0.07-0.05 builds because i know what is happening. If you are oblivious to these things, stick with regulated devices and steer clear of rebuildables.

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow Rommel talk about conceded.
What's not to fear? You're holding a bomb in your hand.
We all started out knowing nothing. So at one point you knew nothing about building.
We're here to help others learn about vaping in every aspect. From tanks to mods. Crazy builds to regular builds.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What im saying, is look into things with care before doing it. Especially things that you hold in your hand, near your face, in your pocket that can explode. Fear is healthy. Ignorance is not.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like looking into efest 35a batteries and finding out they are LG HE2's with a 20 amp continuous rating.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, yeah. It was more of a universal advice, not targeted to anyone specifically.

Dirtball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What im saying, is look into things with care before doing it. Especially things that you hold in your hand, near your face, in your pocket that can explode. Fear is healthy. Ignorance is not.

Thats why I was on here asking, I don't think Iwas being ignorant

Dirtball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I been been using vapors tool box when I build and I have done more research so I am not so OBLIVIOUS when building now :mad:

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use Ohms Law app on the android phone as well as the Ohms meter when ever I do a new kind of build that I haven't done before.

vaping_bitch6969

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I try new things out its fun but asking is the best policy.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought 4 of the purple Efest 2500 mah batteries, & they are labeled as a 35a 3.7 battery. I bought them on the advice of another vaper that verified they are 35a's, and I needed to upgrade to a better battery. Hope I did not make a mistake.

I have been using the light blue Samsung 25R batteries & they have been doing really good. I keep my builds around .5 to .8 on my mechs & 1.1 to 1.5 on my Kayfuns. I found that the Kayfuns work better with builds from 1.1 and up. Haven't had much luck with flavor with low builds on them, but on my Fuhattans w/Vulcan rda's, I'm doing real good with my eFest 35a batteries, & .5 builds. And I'm using Kanthal A1 26 gauge..just like it better.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 35a efest is a rewrapped lg he2 20 amp continuous discharge battery.
Oh christ, then the Samsung 25R is a better battery....thank you for the info...I'm just so disappointed...thought I was getting a true 35a battery. So now the next question is, is there even one to be had that is a genuine 35a?

What about the Keeppower batteries?

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sonys vtc-line batteries are 30 amp continuos, to my knowledge nothing else comes even close to their performance. Except of course 26650 batteries, like the orange MNKE. But in the 18650 range nothing can beat a Sony.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sonys vtc-line batteries are 30 amp continuos, to my knowledge nothing else comes even close to their performance. Except of course 26650 batteries, like the orange MNKE. But in the 18650 range nothing can beat a Sony.
I think you're wrong there. Since the Sony's are nowhere to be found, pretty much anything and everything beats them. And my Samsungs were doing a top shelf job before. So.....until Sony lays out some evidence, I am leery of the claims that Sony is king. Samsung maybe, but not Sony. Their history of failures has knocked them down a bit...plus with all the fake Sony batteries showing up, you don't know what is true, or what is fake.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Genuine Sony batteries are the boss, trust me. Especially with super sub ohms. Sonys and purple efests are nearly identical all the way to 0.2 ohms. After that the Sonys still rule and Efests begin to struggle.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Genuine Sony batteries are the boss, trust me. Especially with super sub ohms. Sonys and purple efests are nearly identical all the way to 0.2 ohms. After that the Sonys still rule and Efests begin to struggle.[/QUO
I try not to sub-ohm any lower than .5. I just don't get the flavor I want any lower. And too, it seems like I'm sucking all the power out of my batteries quicker at lower ohms too. I have 10 Sony VTC4's, 10 Samsung 25R's & 10 purple Efest, all 18650, so I think I'm in good shape, but with changes comes uncertainty....

High On Octane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to chime in on this thread, because there is lot's of good advice here. As mentioned by others, sub-ohming can be dangerous if time is not taken to calculate what you are really doing. If you push a battery beyond it's working limits, it will explode. That is a proven scientific fact. But, the science behind it is not all that complicated. The math is actually quite simple, but there are apps out there that take all the science right out of it making it even easier. I've been using Vaper's Toolbox as well. It is straight forward to use and all the tools you need are right there in one app. You just enter the gauge of wire, # of coils, ohms desired, diameter of coil/s, coil lead length, and volts, and it tells you exactly how many wraps you need and how many watts you will be vaping at. Just know your batteries and don't build below what your battery can handle.

With this being said, I have a K100 with a purple Efest 18650 and a Tug Boat clone. My build now is triple 28g twist wire, dual 7/64, 4 wrap coils testing at .25 ohms. This particular build is only drawing 16.8 amps and a respectful 70.5 watts, which is well within the Efest's capabilities.

Just use an app and be smart and you'll be fine. Just 1 word of advice on the Efest batteries, make sure it's an authentic Efest by looking for the holographic seal.

Brent1670

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Reading through this and was kinda concerned about that holo seal... I've been using the efest 18650's at the behest of my original mentor and none of the 4 I have have said holo mark

Um, pulling 60 amps from a 20 amp battery (efest) or 30 amp battery (Sony) is ok? It's not ok. Unless of course you meant .7 instead of .07.
a2u7ybes.jpg

I run a .07ohm dual parallel 24g ni80 as my all day vape. which is pulling approx. 58.5A & 240Watts. Unless you can drag a .07ohm build for longer than 30 seconds you will be okay. Im not saying it is okay to super sub ohm and get close to the battery limitiations, youre not going to blow your face off. Besides when these batteries blow, they dont actually blow. they vent. giving you time to get away from the mod.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a2u7ybes.jpg

I run a .07ohm dual parallel 24g ni80 as my all day vape. which is pulling approx. 58.5A & 240Watts. Unless you can drag a .07ohm build for longer than 30 seconds you will be okay. Im not saying it is okay to super sub ohm and get close to the battery limitiations, youre not going to blow your face off. Besides when these batteries blow, they dont actually blow. they vent. giving you time to get away from the mod.
Vape a coil that's less than a 1\10th of an ohm from being a dead short if you want. What effect does having the battery encased in a thermally insulating and conductive enclosure with an attached heating element have on the time it takes to cause one to overheat? Oh yeah, it shortens the burst times and you're already in the red zone. Whatever dude. o_O

I'm running 22 gage parallel that ohm out to .03 and haven't had any problems, battery will get a little warm but haven't had any problems

VU Sponsors