Become a Patron!

Coil Building Questions - Coil Mass and Coil Resistance

Goal to achieve: Clouds..... but still want flavor
Backstory:
So i started making fused clapton myself, while obtaining a subzero shorty tube mechmod.
At first i making 2 core Nic80 26g wrap with Nic80 40g, had steam engine doing my calculation.
with dual coil and 3mm with 3 wrap which got me to 0.1 ohm (i understand i am slightly beyond the CDA), tried it on fresh new sony VTC5(CDA 35). I am super happy about it, wonderful ramp up time good amount of clouds, the only thing i had a issue is that its abit over the amp limit.
so i wrap to 4 wrap, got about 0.15 ohm. but it had reduced ramp up time(increase to like 1 second longer) and the clouds is still acceptable( definitely feel less ), so i assume its about the ohm therefore power is less.
I get myself a Nic80 24g doing the same process, and get around 4mm 5wrap(the thing is abit chungus i gotta say) got myself 0.13 ohm. i was excited since more surface area means more clouds while the ohm is keep at good range, and oh god was i soo wrong about it.
It gargles and has spitback issue while i run it on my regulated box mod, with like 4.2 volt recommend wattage(135watt). i run it abit higher (just to check) it had no more issue, it did perform really well no more spitback and make good cloud but its SUPER hot. its so hot my regulated mod heat up until uncomfortable level, i thought my battery is venting(which didn't). so where did i get wrong? is the coil bad? and i tried it on my tube mech, the coil heat up soo slow and really didn't perform well at all and had the same spitback issue. what am i missing?

VU Sponsors