Become a Patron!

Coil smoke - dry burn

So, im new to vaping and i have a general question...does the coil produce harmful smoke? i mean, probably its ok to inhale the smoke which comes from the cotton but what if the coil also produces smoke? i dont want to inhale smoke that comes out from a wire...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, WELCOME!

Not sure I completely know what you are asking.

To dry burn a coil, you first remove the cotton.

And you apply power to the coil to burn the crud off of it. I would not suggest inhaling that directly as it will be pretty nasty.

Just let the vapor dissipate into the atmosphere.

When the coils glow a nice bright orange/red color and no more "Smoke" comes off of it, then it is time to replace the wick.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First of all, WELCOME!

Not sure I completely know what you are asking.

To dry burn a coil, you first remove the cotton.

And you apply power to the coil to burn the crud off of it. I would not suggest inhaling that directly as it will be pretty nasty.

Just let the vapor dissipate into the atmosphere.

When the coils glow a nice bright orange/red color and no more "Smoke" comes off of it, then it is time to replace the wick.
I'll add to this, when you first roll your own coil, it needs to be dry burned anyway before vaping on it. You can either torch it or glow it on your mod.

Otherwise it could taste pretty nasty for a bit, while the oils and whatever else, burn off.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Burnt cotton smoke is probably the most harmfull thing produced by a vape.. unless you are dry burning Ti or Ni wires.

That said no smoke is Safe to inhale.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, im new to vaping and i have a general question...does the coil produce harmful smoke?

Hi masterevr and welcome to VU.

The answer to your question depends on a couple of things. If the coil is Titanium the generally accepted rule of thumb is don't get it too hot and vape it. Some people think if you overheat Kanthal or a couple of other coil materials the vapor produced is also not the healthiest.

Then again, unless a coil is overheated there is no known danger from them. So if you're vaping and the vape tastes good (therefore the coil was not too hot) it is reasonably safe as far as we know, specially compared to smoking.

i mean, probably its ok to inhale the smoke which comes from the cotton but what if the coil also produces smoke?

When cotton is wet in an atomizer there is no smoke coming off of it, just vaporized juice. Smoke is only created if you let your cotton get dry and overheat it. The same is basically true for the coil.

When I dry burn a coil, I don't inhale the vapor/smoke that is produced. That's easy to avoid.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
thank you guys! I'm just new to vaping thats why im a little suspicious, dont
judge me haha!
.. vaping really helped me quit cigarett and i love this tastefull experience so far!

VU Sponsors