Become a Patron!

Coilart Mage GTA Review

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had no problem with the "bubble". And I use max VG juices. I tilt it when I fill it, and everything's fine so far. The first time I filled it I guess I didn't tilt it very much and got a bubble, but that was the only time.
Good to know! I was wondering how to get rid of the bubbles in the first place. Thx!!

Well, I have to update this review again because I have tried a few different wicking methods and I thought I would share what has worked best for me so far. Wicking this tank is almost counter intuitive. You would think since the deck is suspended that the best way to wick it would be to have the tails of the wick hit the bottom of the tank. No, no, no,. I tried long wicks, short wicks, medium wicks, fat wicks, thinned out wicks, so far this is what I've come to learn. This tank needs a medium thinned out wick. Cut your wick so it's a hair longer than the bottom part of the deck. Thin out the cotton while at the same time making sure you have enough cotton to block the hole on the bottom of the deck. Too much cotton and its dry hit city, too little and you'll flood the deck. It needs to be just right. I trim my wicks to a point after that I thin them out and this seems to work best. The tank still has crazy air bubbles but the vape is great. I have a SS Clapton in there now ohming out at .28, 60 watts in SS TC mode at 485f. The vape is wet, thick, and dense especially for a single coil. Feels like a different tank with this method. So glad I got this down because I really want to like this tank. I still say Coilart should have just made the damn glass bigger to avoid all the trial and error. Bigger glass and a choice of DT's and this thing would have been hard to compete with in the single coil category.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Can you post a picture of your wicking please?

Enviado desde mi LG-H840 mediante Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can you post a picture of your wicking please?

Sorry bro, I retired that tank because I have a ton of others to test. Maybe someone active here will.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks anyway man!!!

Sorry man, if it was still in my daily rotation I would gladly open it and show it to you. Are you having a problem with the wicking? Maybe I can walk you thru it?

-William Cowper

Sorry man, if it was still in my daily rotation I would gladly open it and show it to you. Are you having a problem with the wicking? Maybe I can walk you thru it?

-William Cowper
I just want to see the lenght of the wicks the air bubbles became an air pocket and it's dry hit land!!!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just want to see the lenght of the wicks the air bubbles became an air pocket and it's dry hit land!!!

Cut the cotton to a point. So the ends look kind of like an arrowhead. Make sure the wide part of the cotton covers the top of the wicking hole and the skinny part touches the bottom. You're not alone it's a finicky tank to wick and build on. Let me know how that works out.

-William Cowper

Cut the cotton to a point. So the ends look kind of like an arrowhead. Make sure the wide part of the cotton covers the top of the wicking hole and the skinny part touches the bottom. You're not alone it's a finicky tank to wick and build on. Let me know how that works out.

-William Cowper
Ok bro let me try it that way

-William Cowper
f8fff2a400061ba528167bc1ac6dfaa4.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok bro let me try it that way

It'll work. You know how the cotton kinda looks like a bow tie when you normally cut it? Cut the corners off the bow tie off so the cotton comes to a point. It's a great flavor tank when wicked properly.

-William Cowper

Last edited:
I go from avocado bottom to mage. reason : i dont like leaking.

the mage is worse or i dont know how to wick it. when i refill my liquid a cyrcle of ;iquid appears around my 510 pin and when i screw the drip tip i have to wipe it cause liquid again... also i see liquid from airflow when i lay it down...

So I like to tinker with stuff and this is a new hobby of mine so I wouldn't settle for no response from CoilArt to address the issue... like most on this thread I was having the airlock with thicker juice. So I found that a reload RTA bubble glass tank will fit the Mage and it can be had for only a few bucks ordered on fasttech if you don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.

Last edited:

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I’ll start this off with the obligatory disclosures. I won this tank here from Coilart. This will not affect my opinion or review in any way.
9a35f144e149346eefca0dba21776875.jpg

I like to think of this tank as the demon love child of an RDTA and an RTA. The tank came nicely packaged with a spare glass, o rings, grub screws, vape band and a black phillips head screwdriver. It also had a little instruction page as well. The top cap is a chuff style cap. Really wide and comfortable but it doubles as your top cap and it's all one solid delrin piece. After some time this could be a problem as I never was a fan of screwing something plastic onto something metal. Eventually the threads on the top cap are just going to wear out. This tank breaks down into four pieces, top cap/chuff cap, the the chimney, the glass, and the deck base. The chimney starts off really wide and has a slight conical design that narrows quite a bit when it goes up to the chuff cap. Since the chimney is slightly raised off the base of the deck the coils are closer to your mouth than they would be on a standard RTA but further away than they would be on a typical RDTA. Because of this design and the pressure that is built up in the tank I believe this tank wicks a lot better than a traditional RDTA and there really is no need to do the “Genny Tilt”. The juice filling ports are nice and wide and they will accommodate any type of bottle for filling.

The space between the chimney and the glass is where this tank gets a little wonky. The space is very narrow and when filling it you kind of have to wait for the juice to make its way down. You can see air pockets in it while you vape but so far it hasn't affected the wicking properties of this tank. It would have been nice if they would have made the glass a little bigger than the rest of the tank. A Cleito bubble style glass would have worked great on this tank and probably would look stunning to boot.

The deck is where this tank really shines. It’s got a pretty big single coil deck. I fit a 3mm Clapton in there fairly easily. The grub screws have phillips heads and they are really kind of shallow. This was very surprising because I also have an Azeroth and the phillips head screws on that tank are really nice and beefy. The deck itself is gold plated and beautiful. It’s a little finicky when it comes to trapping your wire especially thin coils. It would be nice if someone made an inverted style spring loaded goon deck for this type of deck. It would make trapping your coils so much easier. The deck also has bottom airflow which in my experience is a big plus in the flavor department. The airflow on this tank is not as loose as an RDTA but it's not a MTL tank either. It’s more of a restrictive lung hit but you definitely need to lung hit this tank. A MTL vape is difficult to do on this tank, especially with the provided chuff style cap. Wicking is really straight forward and she wicks just like a typical RDTA.
d2f390f69d72eb02c90115d5de57c757.jpg

In conclusion this is a really nice single coil flavor tank. If you like RDTA’s and the airflow is just too much for you then you will absolutely love this tank. If you like a restrictive lung hit and are into single coil tanks you will love this tank as well. The flavor is great and for a single coil tank this baby can chuck some clouds. I’m running a 3mm SS Clapton ohming out at .29 at 60 watts and the flavor is fantastic and the cloudage is really nice.

Pics on various mods:

7796843e779c742506196e6bc17c6e94.jpg
201c4720b8d62128ef14305720667877.jpg
706a3295563c10649eb15bd61b88e29f.jpg
92582a5b84d53d718208af602052eaa2.jpg

Pros:
-Small tank
-Great flavor
-Nice clouds
-Quality machining
-Big fill ports
-Big deck
-Easy to build and wick

Cons:
-No choice on the drip tip only chuff style cap available
-Grub screws could be better
-Tight fit between the chimney and glass
-Some coils could be difficult to trap on this deck.

Specs:
24mm diameter
47mm overall height
3.5mL juice volume
24K Gold plated deck
Convenient top-fill
SUS304 stainless steel
Adjustable airflow
Food grade pyrex glass
Gold-plated 510 contact
Black delrin drip tip

Update:
0fc1289208db069ac17a409db9822b99.jpg

Notice the bubbles? This is really becoming an issue with thicker juices. It's starting to affect the wicking. Coilart needs to take a look at this. The space between the chimney and the glass is way to narrow. It's almost like this tank gets kind of air locked. It's a shame because other than that it's a great flavor tank.
Thank you for your share.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I like to tinker with stuff and this is a new hobby of mine so I wouldn't settle for no response from CoilArt to address the issue... like most on this thread I was having the airlock with thicker juice. So I found that a reload RTA bubble glass tank will fit the Mage and it can be had for only a few bucks ordered on fasttech if you don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.
Great find! Thanks for sharing!

VU Sponsors