Become a Patron!

Concert Vaping?

A while ago my girlfriend bought me a ticket with her to see the Fall Out Boy concert. They aren't my favorite, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it none the less.

Now, I'm not sure if this should be put in this forum section, but I am new to vaping, and I've never been to a concert with one. I'm told there are medal detectors and people are given a good pat down. I don't see any reason not to vape during a concert expect that it might disturb people and give bad rep to the vaping community. I'm worried I won't be allowed entry with a vape, and I'm not sure how people will react. I don't need to bring it, but having a source of nicotine and a vape would make my experience more enjoyable.

All opinions welcome, but I'm mainly looking for those of you who've experienced this! Thanks!

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Plenty of metal goes through even if triggered. Cell phones mostly. I'd check with the venue though - That's usually the easy way. Don't tell them you're necessarily going to *use* it, but ask if having it is prohibited.

Then get one of those clear plastic "neck bags" (whatever they're called) so it's obvious what's in it.

I don't "go" to concerts often - But I had to work the final trio of Grateful Dead shows and you can only imagine what made it through security... Even mods.

If you're really concerned, just get a couple of those Jak disposable e-cigs. They certainly don't pack much of a punch, but they'll keep the nic fit away for a few hours.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on the venue. I can't imagine them not letting you take it in. Your belongings will be checked and returned to you. They're looking for drugs and weapons, mostly... ...basically anything illegal. They also want to make sure you're not smuggling in booze and sometimes fancy photography equipment. Just play it cool. Put it all in the bin before you step into the metal detector. It's not a big deal.

Like MASSIVE said, just check with the venue. I always ask if vaping is allowed and where. A few have said something to the effect of "Anywhere, just be respectful of others." but most will say to keep it to the designated smoking area and direct you to them.

I don't "go" to concerts often - But I had to work the final trio of Grateful Dead shows and you can only imagine what made it through security... Even mods.
Haha, yeah. I've been to some events and festivals like that. It was all happening out in the open, with security combing the crowds, no less! If people can get away with that, I don't see why vaping would be a big deal.

Is it indoor or outdoor?

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Chances are, someone will have a lighter in their pocket and they'll get to go through. Me? I'd take one.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see any reason not to vape during a concert expect that it might disturb people and give bad rep to the vaping community.
Well, those are both valid reasons, IMHO. Your call - I'm thinking you'd probably get away with it, but I wouldn't take a fancy one, just in case...

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
A while ago my girlfriend bought me a ticket with her to see the Fall Out Boy concert. They aren't my favorite, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it none the less.

Now, I'm not sure if this should be put in this forum section, but I am new to vaping, and I've never been to a concert with one. I'm told there are medal detectors and people are given a good pat down. I don't see any reason not to vape during a concert expect that it might disturb people and give bad rep to the vaping community. I'm worried I won't be allowed entry with a vape, and I'm not sure how people will react. I don't need to bring it, but having a source of nicotine and a vape would make my experience more enjoyable.

All opinions welcome, but I'm mainly looking for those of you who've experienced this! Thanks!
As already pointed out, it does depend on the venue. The 3 venues I've been to have all allowed me to bring my vape in with me, but not vape in the "seating" area, The indoor venues made me go out to the smoking area, while the outdoor venue made me join the crowd on the lawn while vaping. That said, in the midst of the headliners, I did do some "stealthy" vaping in the seats, but was very careful not to blow a big enough cloud that security could see it. :)

HTH

Will cheap disposables get through a metal detector? Going to a tobacco free festival and don't want to be stuck without anything

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've gone through a concert metal detector with a subox/subtank mini and it didn't set it off.

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honesty goes a long way at security check points. If you have nothing to hide you are not a threat to security.

So get it out your pockets along with everything else and you'll be fine.

Hide shit in your pockets and you'll cause alarm.

I worked in an airport and I'm not going to mention Witch one cause it's prob not in the interest of border security's but we successfully at separate metal checks, managed to smuggle... A bunch of coins, a set of keys, body jewellery, a nail gun and I just for shits n giggles put a jaffle iron (don't know what it's called in america) that thing you put 2 slices of bread in and some beans to toast, put that up my jumper and got through. The detectors seem to be a bit hit n miss in my experience. Lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Dead thread! Besides which, who the hell is going to concerts these days?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dead thread! Besides which, who the hell is going to concerts these days?

Apparently, quite a few people here and there - Sturgis had a concert....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I guess I'm just a conservative old fogey, then. There's no way in this world you'd catch me at a concert now. Or at church, or a wedding, or even a funeral, unless it was an immediate family member, God forbid.

In the US, I would think it would be entirely up to the person performing the search - if they suspected that your vape contained anything illegal, whether they could prove it or not, I bet they'd confiscate it. People are suspicious of things they do not understand, and especially a certain personality type, given a bit of authority in a public situation. Overzealous I believe is an adequate descriptive word.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Making it into a stadium or venue isn't really the problem IMO, it is that you will be vaping in most probably a No Smoking or Vaping Area. I have vaped in Giants Stadium and was warned about it which they can kick you out if they want to. And I was being stealthy when I was vaping.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Didn't the shroud of steam compromise your stealth :) ? I have a SMOK Mag P3 and I find it pretty difficult to hide the enormous amount of steam that thing creates :)

I was using an iStick TC40 and a Nautilus Mini.

VU Sponsors