Become a Patron!

Constant fire on hana modz clone

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whenever I attach an atomizer it will fire as soon as contact is made between the device and the atomizer. This will happen even if the device screen is off. If I remove the atomizer everything functions as it should and displays check atomizer when fired. With the atomizer attached and turned on it will still heat up and keep burning until it is detached. Anyone know whats going on?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sadly it seem that you have a defective fire button.

And possibly other issues as well.

Contact whoever you got it from at once and ask for it to be replaced.

These things seem to be manufactured by a lot of companies.

Sadly yours sounds like it was manufactured by the Lee Brothers.

BadLee
PoorLee
CheapLee.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sounds like the fire button. Which maker?

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yjejehu3.jpg
but it came in this box
4aqa4avy.jpg
I was expecting a Cloupor and they were saying it differently including havana style instead of hana

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sounds like the fire button. Which maker?

I would like to know that as well.

As you know I won one of these mods courtesy of Focalecig.

http://focalecig.com/Product/HANAA-MODZ-Pack-DNA-30-StyleModblack-19557

I am proud to say after I won the contest, Doris and I have started a friendship.

And IMHO, she comes off as an extremely honest person.

But I digress.

She shared with me the fact that when they received the first batch of the Hana Modz clone they refused the shipment as it did not meet their requirements.

The second batch did.

At that point she told me her supplier (and others as well) for whatever reason refuse to tell her company the name of the actual manufacturer.

All of this rubbish being said, VJ as well as myself tend to think that your have a defective fire button.

Really, there is no way around that issue.

Hopefully the place you purchased it from will make it right.

If not, tell the whole sad tale her complete with the name of the place that screwed you and then send them a link to this thread.

Trust me, this has worked before!

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I received a reply from the person I bought it from on eBay. They want a video of it first then they are going to make a decision as to what they will do for me.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That sucks!

Sounds like they are going to do anything they can to keep your money and not have to deal with the situation.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's frustrating and dangerous even to make them that video. The only way to stop it is to unscrew the atomizer base and try not burn yourself, or pull the battery and I do not know if that is safe for the chip or not.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I
yjejehu3.jpg
but it came in this box
4aqa4avy.jpg
I was expecting a Cloupor and they were saying it differently including havana style instead of hana
It's a hotcig, their quality is not up to par, there was a lot of posts on fasttech about the hotcig box mods.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I

It's a hotcig, their quality is not up to par, there was a lot of posts on fasttech about the hotcig box mods.

Well, at least their name is accurate.... he did get a hot e-cig...

4rml2Qp.gif

Next time, buy from someone who can spell the stuff they are selling. ;)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I received a reply from the person I bought it from on eBay. They want a video of it first then they are going to make a decision as to what they will do for me.
If they fuck with you after the video, file a paypal dispute. I have no patience for rip-off artists.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If they fuck with you after the video, file a paypal dispute. I have no patience for rip-off artists.
Actually, ebay has their own money-back guarantee too. The problem is, they don't allow e-cigs officially.
So, if he raises a fuss about buying something that is banned in the first place, he could potentially lose both accounts as ebay = paypal.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was under the presumption he had changed the title some to sell keep selling this particular cloned mod on eBay like trying to avoid the copyright monster or even being able to put it on eBay for that matter.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just went on ahead and did myself a favor and got that deal vaporjoe just put up. 50 watts here I come!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404948431236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404948431236.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tell me how that 50w monster works. I'm curious about it.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well i also dropped some money
my order #6530 on it be nice to compare it to the hana chip and the clone. also be nice to go higher when the coil needs it. 30 watts is good but sometime i want more without having to re-coil or go mech.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just be carefull all my Cana Mod caught fire and I had no warning no sticking of the fire button it was scary and I am not scared by much.
If that Mod is fireing by itself like Joe said its probably the firing button but to fix it is not an easy task they are hot glued in return it and do not use that thing unless you want Modfire :)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just be carefull all my Cana Mod caught fire and I had no warning no sticking of the fire button it was scary and I am not scared by much.
If that Mod is fireing by itself like Joe said its probably the firing button but to fix it is not an easy task they are hot glued in return it and do not use that thing unless you want Modfire :)

The fire button isn't hard to replace. I put a horn button on one of mine. Hot glue is very easy to pick away. That's the point instead of using resin. Not that I'm saying he should mod his box himself. It could be a board or chip problem. @Synsi1916 does the button work without an atty attached, can you do the 5 clicks on and off?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The fire button isn't hard to replace. I put a horn button on one of mine. Hot glue is very easy to pick away. That's the point instead of using resin. Not that I'm saying he should mod his box himself. It could be a board or chip problem. @Synsi1916 does the button work without an atty attached, can you do the 5 clicks on and off?

I should have been more specific true for someone that knows how to solder its easy as pie :)

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
E-BAY or paypal will make them refund your cash , get in touch with them and they will open a case.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Without an atty attached while it is on it looks normal and if I press the fire button at this state it says "check atomizer". Also if I attach an atty it will heat up as soon as contact is made wether or not I press the fire button.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Without an atty attached while it is on it looks normal and if I press the fire button at this state it says "check atomizer". Also if I attach an atty it will heat up as soon as contact is made wether or not I press the fire button.

How about testing the 510 with a multimeter from top outside and also test it from inside the box and also posting a pic of a close up of the box inside.

Would you be confident enough to cut the two fire button wires to temporarily fit a button to test it?

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes 5 clicks will still lock it and unlock it but it still firing the whole time

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about just cutting the two fire buttons (or just one actually) first and if it doesn't fire anymore use the middle button on the board to see if it fires?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
yjejehu3.jpg
but it came in this box
4aqa4avy.jpg
Ha seems like they deceived you. HotCig products had problems from day one.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I feel confident enough to cut it and replace the fire button, I love a good soldering project also but I believe I am just going to let this one go back and get another. I will definitely test with a multimeter when I get home.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel confident enough to cut it and replace the fire button, I love a good soldering project also but I believe I am just going to let this one go back and get another. I will definitely test with a multimeter when I get home.

Ah well if you can send it back then I'd do that. Just that some people say they don't want to because they'd waited so long for theirs.

Which horn button did you use, I have a dead fire button as well. All ones I have seen look to be too big on inside of box

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To clear up any confusion, the early Hotcig units had issues but no more than the Cloupor models . The V3 model being sold now is excellent , like a completely different product actually .

VU Sponsors