Become a Patron!

Cool Fire IV. Resistance rises rapidly

Chopkinsca

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure if this is the right spot for this.

I'm having an issue with my Triton 2 and my Cool Fire IV. I noticed the resistance was a bit high for a 1.8 coil. I noticed it around 2.18 or so? I am vaping a 75VG juice, so I thought that is the reason for the high resistance. Then I noticed, everytime I fire it in succession, the resistance keeps going up every time. I'm wondering what is up with that. Now I'm scared to use it. A note, my Evic Vtwo Mini reads the same resistance very time I fire it with the same tank.

Chopkinsca

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put in a new atomizer and cleaned the connections and the resistance still jumps around. Everytime I fire, it changes by .01Ohms. No idea if that's normal, I never really watched the resistances while firing it like that.

Chopkinsca

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah okay. I'm just stupidly paranoid about things like this. I imagine the resistance changes when the coil gets hot from firing?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah okay. I'm just stupidly paranoid about things like this. I imagine the resistance changes when the coil gets hot from firing?

Yes. When I build a new coil, it's usually about 2.15Ω. But after its initial pulsing, it can vary a little, between 2.1 - 2.2 ohms. After it's wicked and wetted with juice, it can also vary a little. Varying by .05-.1 ohm is no biggie. Any bigger variance than that, and the coil is loose, somehow, providing a flaky connection.

Andria

VU Sponsors