Become a Patron!

Cooling agents.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi fellow mixers.
I have recently gone zero nic but still like a throat effect to my vape.
Right now im using Fizzyology Lemon Lime. Im really happy with the effect. Just cool effect inhale and light throat hit, no menthol taste. I don't like menthol so im happy with that.
Question is which additive is the same effect? I see there is WS23 and Koolada. Have never tried these but hear they just cool and dont mess with the flavour.
Id be interested to hear others experiences especially which gives the best effect sensation wise, especially more so which gives the best back of the throat hit effect. I did read WS23 too high gives brain freeze like drinking a slushie too quick. :giggle: I don't want that.
(Was weird to read Wilkinson Sword invented WS coolers for shaving :huh: now its vaped! There's a throat hit joke in there somewhere!)
Also percentages would be great too. đź‘Ť
Last one. I know the only safe thing to inhale is air, unless you live in Beijing (pollution), but are there any questionable things regarding those two additives? I avoid concentrates with DAAPs. I read that Menthol is iffy but these two dont as I understand have menthol in them.
Anyway looking forward to learning something here. đź‘Ť

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi fellow mixers.
Right now im using Fizzyology Lemon Lime. Im really happy with the effect. Just cool effect inhale and light throat hit, no menthol taste. I don't like menthol so im happy with that.
Question is which additive is the same effect? I see there is WS23 and Koolada. Have never tried these but hear they just cool and dont mess with the flavour.
Id be interested to hear others experiences especially which gives the best effect sensation wise, especially more so which gives the best back of the throat hit effect. I did read WS23 too high gives brain freeze like drinking a slushie too quick. :giggle: I don't want that.
(Was weird to read Wilkinson Sword invented WS coolers for shaving :huh: now its vaped! There's a throat hit joke in there somewhere!)
Last one. I know the only safe thing to inhale is air, unless you live in Beijing (pollution), but are there any questionable things regarding those two additives? I avoid concentrates with DAAPs. I read that Menthol is iffy but these two dont as I understand have menthol in them.
I am a big fan of WS-23. It gives that cooling with no added flavor. It can mute flavors if used too high. My preferred percentage is 0.5%, which is cool but not crazy cool, but I’m also not one who likes really cold vapes. And yes, if used too high, it can do the brain freeze thing....but I think that’s true of all the cooling agents. I’d say 0.5-1% would probably get you what you’re after.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am a big fan of WS-23. It gives that cooling with no added flavor. It can mute flavors if used too high. My preferred percentage is 0.5%, which is cool but not crazy cool, but I’m also not one who likes really cold vapes. And yes, if used too high, it can do the brain freeze thing....but I think that’s true of all the cooling agents. I’d say 0.5-1% would probably get you what you’re after.
Thanks for that.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am using WS-23 and Arctic Winter right now...

AW I like more... but it takes at least an additional week to not have that odd off taste of being “fake” for a lack of a better term.

WS-23 regardless of percentage always tastes odd...on the exhale... just “fake” never mellows never smooth, vape it a month later and I can immediately say... oh that’s the shit I mixed with WS-23

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I like flv ice and cool menthol.. no more than .4% of each.. but sometimes only 3 drops per 30ml of each..
Really depends on what I am mixing it with or without :)

I do get that slight menthol taste but it only pops up after a few weeks.. if I want more menthol.. then it's .2% for the cool menthol "rush". I have heard some use it as high as .6%

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi fellow mixers.
I use ws-23 in most of my mixes, mostly because I like beverages and I like them cold. Start at .25% and add in .25% increments till you find what you like. It is easy to add too much, I stop at 1%.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am using WS-23 and Arctic Winter right now...

AW I like more... but it takes at least an additional week to not have that odd off taste of being “fake” for a lack of a better term.

WS-23 regardless of percentage always tastes odd...on the exhale... just “fake” never mellows never smooth, vape it a month later and I can immediately say... oh that’s the shit I mixed with WS-23

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk
I like flv ice and cool menthol.. no more than .4% of each.. but sometimes only 3 drops per 30ml of each..
Really depends on what I am mixing it with or without :)

I do get that slight menthol taste but it only pops up after a few weeks.. if I want more menthol.. then it's .2% for the cool menthol "rush". I have heard some use it as high as .6%
I use ws-23 in most of my mixes, mostly because I like beverages and I like them cold. Start at .25% and add in .25% increments till you find what you like. It is easy to add too much, I stop at 1%.
Thanks for the tips and advice.
I wonder if ill taste the fake taste. The fizziology doesnt seem to have any off exhale notes, but I dont know what they use. I read there are a few WS coolers but that 23 was considered best.
I suppose its best to get a small bottle of each, WS23, Koolada and FLV and see which tastes best now as I think about it. I hate fake off tastes. I cant recall which brand it was Cap or FW but I once got a raspberry that tasted more like cough medicine than raspberry. I think too some other one swedish fish candy was similar and was more like medicine than candy.
Thanks people. đź‘Ť

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the tips and advice.
I wonder if ill taste the fake taste. The fizziology doesnt seem to have any off exhale notes, but I dont know what they use. I read there are a few WS coolers but that 23 was considered best.
I suppose its best to get a small bottle of each, WS23, Koolada and FLV and see which tastes best now as I think about it. I hate fake off tastes. I cant recall which brand it was Cap or FW but I once got a raspberry that tasted more like cough medicine than raspberry. I think too some other one swedish fish candy was similar and was more like medicine than candy.
Thanks people. đź‘Ť

If you'd like.. I can send a sample of both the flv's next week..
inbox me and let me know. :)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So got some WS23. Didn't get the others to try yet as stocks of either some were out or stupid high prices.
Anyway. Tried at .5%....nothing....1%....a little cool.....1.5%.....getting there. 2% yep.
20210428_194932(1).jpg

VU Sponsors