Become a Patron!

Cornbread Custard

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, so I was a fan of Country Clouds' Cornbread Puddin' ever since it came out. I have made countless versions of "clones" (well at least 7 or 8!) that people have published, all using some form of popcorn, kettle corn, cereal etc & was never really satisfied. Last November I started trying to make more of a cornbread "custard" (using CAP VC) rather than a pudding after disappointing results using FLV's Vanilla Pudding in this & a couple of other recipes. I also switched up the "corn" flavor & just went with FA Corn, which is dead-nuts accurate to home-grown sweet corn IMO. Using these two flavorings, I started again. I stopped here at version 6 because I have what I really wanted all along- a true cornbread custard. I realize like FA Butter, the Corn can be difficult to get (I go straight through FA for both Corn & Butter) & also that it is one of their flavors (like the Butter) that contains Diacetyl & other "baddies", but I could not get it right without this great flavor. This is one of my favorites now for the last month & a half & I believe will become a staple in my rotation, as well as a few friends' too, as they are taking to it like I did! I will also warn that you have to be patient, as it didn't get real good to me until about 3 weeks & at 4 weeks is heavenly.

1.5% INW Biscuit
1.5% FA Corn
1% FA Joy
5% CAP Vanilla Custard
2% FW Yellow Cake

Last edited:
Never tried the Country Clouds, but does it give off any dry flavor sensation with the biscuit?
Been looking at picking up a bottle of Country Clouds to try, but might just pick up the stuff for your recipe.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never tried the Country Clouds, but does it give off any dry flavor sensation with the biscuit?
Been looking at picking up a bottle of Country Clouds to try, but might just pick up the stuff for your recipe.
I wouldn't describe this recipe OR Country Clouds as dry. This is also not a "clone" of it either, though. This is more of a combination of cornbread & custard where CC is pretty much a combination of cornbread & pudding. The FA Corn is very moist & is almost a creamed corn taste. Although the two juices taste different, I like both of them.

cheepshot

Member For 4 Years
What would you suggest for an FA Corn alternative? Currently, FA Corn seems to be available only from the manufacturer.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What would you suggest for an FA Corn alternative? Currently, FA Corn seems to be available only from the manufacturer.
Sadly there is no good sub for FA Corn. I have tried many with no good results.
I get it straight from FA Italy.

VU Sponsors