Become a Patron!

Cosmic Fog Scandal !

Status
Not open for further replies.

CimG

Member For 1 Year
Dear Vapers,
We would like to inform everyone of Vape Community in the world that we, Turkish Vapers, feel very embarrased and got insulted by the world well-known e-liquid brand called Cosmic Fog. They have blamed one of our Turkish vaper of selling counterfeit items in Turkish market, who was already appointed an authorized distributor in Turkey. As he contacted with the company 2 times by the phone asking what evidences they have and asked them to share these evidences to Turkish vape community or he would go for his rights in the US. Sell of Vaping items are officially not allowed in Turkey, therefore the company has clearly and repeatedly told him that we're like selling cxxxxxx in the US or smugglers or so on who cannot claim any right.

Our friend has recorded these talks and open to share with anyone upon request. We would like to inform everyone that we're not drug dealers or consumers, we are not as they called ethical smugglers, we are not Captain Jack Sparrow and we are not Pirate..

We need the World Vape Community to come together around this situation and we raise up a strong voice against this kind of "DISCRIMINATION"

#CosmicFogApologizeTurkishVapers

Respectfully yours,
Turkish Vapers

Attachments

• cf.jpg
    cf.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 51
As a Turkish Vaper I feel insulted too. It is just that our government does not stand against the tobacco companies and is fond of collecting heavy taxes from cigarettes trading. Since it was banned here, it does not make me a pirate, it is the governments fault and vice to prohibit trading vape products. What we have in hand is to buy and use international vape products illegally.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Is this a state sponsored spam message or something? Three posts using exactly the same text by three new members from the same faction??

let me get this straight one person is called out for “possible” illicit business practices and that’s it the whole of the Turkish vaping community is suddenly taking offence and being discriminated against?

Is this right? I have read you message right there?

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/problem-of-insult-by-cosmig-fog.407165/

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/big-mistake-cosmicfogs.407164/

CimG

Member For 1 Year
This is what happened yesterday and all the phone calls made with them are recorded. I can share with anyone who wants.. At the phone calls you can easily hear that our friend is asking to provide their evidences.. He was their official authorised reseller. Recenly he's selling at a very cheap price to clear the stocks he has. But the company did not provide any evidence but blaim him as a pirate, smuggler, Jack Sparrow and claims that he cannot sue them just because selling ecig items are forbidden in Turkey

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It’s ok your not in open court... I’ll take your word for it :huh: ...where is it they have broadcast this information and thier side of the story? Wasn’t aware of any of this until the offence was taken your end and you posted here (and probably every other forum you can find.....)

If it was purely a private discussion between your friend and them, what good it is going to do broadcasting your displeasure to everyone else?, fuck em off and do business with the legion of other companies, simples ....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On the one vaping forum I found it doing a search it has been removed already.

Edit: 2 forums have removed this already.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Mod team is aware of all three hence I replied in all of them earlier Steve

Monitoring for the minute

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Forgive me if I'm wrong and feel free to point it out. But this sounds like Cosmic fog is trying to prevent a liability issue with their products being sold in a country where vaping is illegal.

The only discrimination I'm seeing is the Turkish government against its vaping citizens.

vaporknight

Member For 1 Year
Forgive me if I'm wrong and feel free to point it out. But this sounds like Cosmic fog is trying to prevent a liability issue with their products being sold in a country where vaping is illegal.

The only discrimination I'm seeing is the Turkish government against its vaping citizens.
No bro you're wrong.. This conversation was made between me and Cosmic Fog. I am the one who was an authorised distributor of their products. I was notified by other vapers that cosmic fog's staff is sending messages to other Turkish consumers that I'm selling counterfeit items of their company which was never/ever happened. I've called him immediately and asked him why this have happened.. He just replied me that he's got sources from the country and they've informed him so. I've asked for the evidence either to be sent to me or to those who they've notified before.. He never done that and hang up the phone.. Then I've called their company management and talked with the Vice President. I have asked him if they're aware of the situation or not. He seemed to be not that much aware however when I've mentioned that their staff has damaged my business and reputation in my country and I would run for my rights in the US then he clearly sayed that "Selling drugs, cxxxxxx, in the US is the same thing selling e-liquids in Turkey.." Which means I had nothing to do by law.. Then he said "Do you want me to make a statement that you're an ethical smuggler?" later on he named me "Captain Jack Sparrow, a Pirate.. I have recorded all these talks and ready to share with anyone who's interested.

I have published this issue among Turkish vapers. No comments nothing.. People got offended and yes we're trying to have a voice up there. We demand them to apologize Turkish vapers..

vaporknight

Member For 1 Year
I'm also a new member here..
Isn't it obvious that we as Turkish vapers trying to bring this issue to the world vapers' attention in order to have a support.. Take a look at Cosmic Fog's instagram and Facebook accounts to see how people got offended. As the rest of the world's governments trying to put more restrictions on vaping items we've got enough difficulties already. These forums and social media is the only way we can communicate and work for our rights. Therefore to complain about new members from a non-english speaking country showing up here asking for support should not sound weird to anyone..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep They are claiming to be an authorized dealer for Cosmic foig and Cosmic fog does not want to be associated with illegal activities so they resicinded their authorization. Which would be legal considering vape stuff is illegal to sell there.

Yep Cosmic Fog may sell to other retailers however they want NO authorized dealers in an illegal situation.
Authorized Dealer= Full on illegal.
Non authorized resellers = Illegal but not so liable legally.

Just my opinion though and there are as many of those as there are Hoomans.

I am assuming that the Cosmic Fog Authorized Dealer thing happened before that selling the product became illegal?
Seems like that is a fairly recent thing in Turkey?
And they wanted to end their authorization after it became illegal?
If it was illegal when Cosmic fog authorized a dealer then they are just wrong from the beginning.

to me this thread has 2 points.
1. That Turkish vapers are being crapped on by their government.
2. Someone is complaining about black market competition.

Last edited:

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Is this a state sponsored spam message or something? Three posts using exactly the same text by three new members from the same faction??

let me get this straight one person is called out for “possible” illicit business practices and that’s it the whole of the Turkish vaping community is suddenly taking offence and being discriminated against?

Is this right? I have read you message right there?

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/problem-of-insult-by-cosmig-fog.407165/

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/big-mistake-cosmicfogs.407164/
We have a saying in Germany and this isn't far off...

"Every time you insult Ali watch out for his 200 brothers and cousins"

I normally don't repeat that bullshit but hey he wanted to cry about discrimination, here we go, at least now you've got a reason OP.

Thanks for making me laugh with this statement tho king!

vaporknight

Member For 1 Year
Yep They are claiming to be an authorized dealer for Cosmic foig and Cosmic fog does not want to be associated with illegal activities so they resicinded their authorization. Which would be legal considering vape stuff is illegal to sell there.

Yep Cosmic Fog may sell to other retailers however they want NO authorized dealers in an illegal situation.
Authorized Dealer= Full on illegal.
Non authorized resellers = Illegal but not so liable legally.

Just my opinion though and there are as many of those as there are Hoomans.

I am assuming that the Cosmic Fog Authorized Dealer thing happened before that selling the product became illegal?
Seems like that is a fairly recent thing in Turkey?
And they wanted to end their authorization after it became illegal?
If it was illegal when Cosmic fog authorized a dealer then they are just wrong from the beginning.

to me this thread has 2 points.
1. That Turkish vapers are being crapped on by their government.
2. Someone is complaining about black market competition.

You're again wrong..
1. My website was posted on their website as the authorized distributor.. (If you need proof, I'll provide you the screen shot)
2. Cosmic fog management has done even direct shipments to Turkey and/or shipments that would go to Turkey through neighbor countries.
3. I have done a live broadcasting with them regarding cosmic fog's items in Turkish market (again proof can be provided if your need) and yes I have been there many times. I am Turkish. I've purchased products for Turkish market.
3. This is not a matter of being authorized or non authorized reseller..
4. They have sent whatsapp messages to those people who they've been in charge with saying that I'm selling their counterfeit products. Therefore I've asked them to provide the evidence since all my products were directly purchased from them.. (Proofs available to everyone)
5. Besides all the facts stated above, why you guys ignore of their insults? How come an ordinary vaper can be put in the same category of drug dealers? In this case they seem to be the source of drugs.. Or their e-liquids are drug?
6. In their eyes we all Turkish vapers must continue smoking just because government banned vaping or we're all pirates/smugglers..

Do you have a word for this? or if it would happen to you, what would be your reaction?

vaporknight

Member For 1 Year
We have a saying in Germany and this isn't far off...

"Every time you insult Ali watch out for his 200 brothers and cousins"

I normally don't repeat that bullshit but hey he wanted to cry about discrimination, here we go, at least now you've got a reason OP.

Thanks for making me laugh with this statement tho king!

well said.. When I've talked with their VP saying that I would sue them, he has clearly said that selling such items in Turkey is the same thing selling cxxxxxx in the US. Which means in his low mind I had no right to be offended of their crap.. But he forgot that these items were purchased legally in the U.S.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought discussing illegal activities was against the few rules here? Plus tired of hearing if we want proof, I myself and I would bet others would like to see some proof like that they were actually an Authorized dealer.

CimG

Member For 1 Year
Cosmic Fog's approach to its customers is not professional. To slander people with no evidence cannot be a reason for loosing ground on business.
What is non-acceptable and sad is they've insulted Turkish buyer and vapers while we asked the evidence of their claims, otherwise we would search for legal rights.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Cosmic Fog's approach to its customers is not professional. To slander people with no evidence cannot be a reason for loosing ground on business.
What is non-acceptable and sad is they've insulted Turkish buyer and vapers while we asked the evidence of their claims, otherwise we would search for legal rights.

Where is this slander taking place? How do your customers know about it, have they publicly announced it somewhere???

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Police raid ‘vape party’ in Istanbul, fine over 800 guests

59cb2f5245d2a0568ce20f99.jpg

Istanbul police raided a “vape party” hosting at least 800 guests on the night of Sept. 17, detaining three organizers and handing administrative fines to all attendees for “smoking indoors,” which is officially banned in Turkey.

After invitations for the “unlimited vape party” were posted on Facebook, police took the location on İstiklal Avenue in Istanbul’s Beyoğlu district under physical and digital surveillance, daily Habertürk reported.

The organizers rented the terrace of a restaurant for the party, announcing that entrance was free and various kinds of vapes would be available for attendees free of charge.

Vapes are considered tobacco products in Turkey and legislation that applies for tobacco products also applies for vapes.

The Health Ministry has not yet licensed the import of any trademark of vapes in Turkey, though vapes have entered the country and are sold for between 150 and 450 Turkish Liras over the internet or through illegal trafficking.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Called it first ....congrats Roo have a lolly!

CimG

Member For 1 Year
There are millions of users in Turkey. Why are you trying to humiliate us? It's not forbidden to use it. It was never forbidden.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Humiliate you?....No but trying to pick holes in your argument.... absolutely. Fake news is a real thing.

CimG you chose the wrong tree to piss up joining this forum if you are easily offended, notice we haven’t taken your post down like other forums, you are free to have your say, but so is everyone else and so far it’s very much six of one half a dozen of the other

....Put a picture up of a shipping invoice from them

...put a picture up of you as an authorised distributor on their website

...post where they have been carrying out the slander and public shaming (a phone call doesn’t cut it)

Everything you mention is heresay

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually I think Cosmic Fog has more of a case to prosecute for Slander since no one from this so called Authorized Dealer has provided one shred of evidence they are or were authorized.

CimG

Member For 1 Year
That's not the point. A company is using it to insult us. Do not know if it is legal in Turkey? I do not think so
Humiliate you?....No but trying to pick holes in your argument.... absolutely. Fake news is a real thing.

CimG you chose the wrong tree to piss up joining this forum if you are easily offended, notice we haven’t taken your post down like other forums, you are free to have your say, but so is everyone else and so far it’s very much six of one half a dozen of the other

....Put a picture up of a shipping invoice from them

...put a picture up of you as an authorised distributor on their website

...post where they have been carrying out the slander and public shaming (a phone call doesn’t cut it)

Everything you mention is heresay
Im not seller. Im just vaper and ı cant share this documents. But vaporknight will do.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey I read it on a Turkish Internet site so it must be true~! WTF?

Troy Brown

Member For 4 Years
Ok then......Your up Vaporknight.
Show us some pictures of invoices.....show us your authorization to be a distributor for them. Show us something to confirm all of this.
Talk will not get any further until the evidence is presented now.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No bro you're wrong.. This conversation was made between me and Cosmic Fog. I am the one who was an authorised distributor of their products. I was notified by other vapers that cosmic fog's staff is sending messages to other Turkish consumers that I'm selling counterfeit items of their company which was never/ever happened. I've called him immediately and asked him why this have happened.. He just replied me that he's got sources from the country and they've informed him so. I've asked for the evidence either to be sent to me or to those who they've notified before.. He never done that and hang up the phone.. Then I've called their company management and talked with the Vice President. I have asked him if they're aware of the situation or not. He seemed to be not that much aware however when I've mentioned that their staff has damaged my business and reputation in my country and I would run for my rights in the US then he clearly sayed that "Selling drugs, cxxxxxx, in the US is the same thing selling e-liquids in Turkey.." Which means I had nothing to do by law.. Then he said "Do you want me to make a statement that you're an ethical smuggler?" later on he named me "Captain Jack Sparrow, a Pirate.. I have recorded all these talks and ready to share with anyone who's interested.

I have published this issue among Turkish vapers. No comments nothing.. People got offended and yes we're trying to have a voice up there. We demand them to apologize Turkish vapers..

Please do share. Honestly I don't know you or anyone from cosmic fog so I'd like to hear both sides of this story and any proof either side can provide. If you want support from the vape community you'll have to show something that supports what you're saying.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here Cromwell. Have never tried cosmic fog and really don't have any interest. Just trying to look at this objectively. Like you, I'm not on faceplant, twatter or instagram so I'm out of the rumor loop so to speak. VU is the only place I do vape related social media interacting.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a bit confused however on this distributor that may or may not be located in turkey but selling to Turkish vapers?

Where apparently vaping is not illegal but selling the stuff to do it with is?

Anyway I look at it it appears to be black market type of activity in selling vape stuff in turkey.

But as I said I am a bit confused.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are millions of users in Turkey. Why are you trying to humiliate us? It's not forbidden to use it. It was never forbidden.
http://vaping360.com/turkey-vape-ban-who/

But it is illegal to sell and manufacture in Turkey. It appears to me that by saying their products are being counterfeited in a country where it's illegal, they begin to build a defense case for their company should Turkish law makers come after them for illegal distribution in Turkey. It's a potentially shady move but they are trying to cover their own asses which I understand. I don't necessarily agree with how they have handled it but it's not uncommon in business either.

Let me ask you this. What do you hope to accomplish or achieve from creating this thread?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm all for humiliating and embarassing 'em. Particularly when it takes no effort at all.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Guess they pulled a Tony B. here...
Would voopoo oh I mean cosmic fog like to respond?

What was that? No? OK great go figure.

Who we gonna blame next week, any ideas yet?

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It is interesting and even ironic that this issue is brought up on a public forum that cosmic fog is not a member of.

As for who to blame next week. Hmmm, let's go after the shills in the vape reviewing world. Could be fun!:p

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Dunno but I reckon we should randomly choose some company to embargo next week ...maybe we should put it to a forum vote, it’s seems a popular thing these days

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
blah-blah accuse.. blah-blah em-bare-ass and humiliate.. blah-blah.

Lotsa' laughs and lotsa' nuttin'.. Costs nothing. Means nothing.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dunno but I reckon we should randomly choose some company to embargo next week ...maybe we should put it to a forum vote, it’s seems a popular thing these days
I'm seriously tempted to do this just for shits and giggles. Yes I'm that bored. :crazy:

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to drop a quick line on here to provide some clarity to the events in Turkey. First of all we would like to apologize to any Turkish vapers that may have been offended by this situation. We are a big supporter of the Turkish vapor community and any community struggling to regain their legal rights to choose to vape.

It was recently brought to our attention that an E-Liquid distributor in Turkey was selling counterfeit Cosmic Fog products. After receiving hundreds of images from Turkish vapors we conducted an investigation. The result of our investigation found that every counterfeit product sent to us by consumers led back to one man, Ismail Yasubuga. After further investigation we determined that there was a strong likelihood that this man was ordering small amounts of Cosmic Fog and other high profile brands of eliquid and shipping them to Bulgaria so that he may be named an “authorized distributor”. He would then mix in large amounts of counterfeit product and sell it on the Turkish market.

We believe strongly that our investigation is accurate and have consulted with hundreds of Turkish vapors to confirm these results. After confronting this man, Ismail Yasubuga, we stripped him of his distribution rights. At some point he called our office and I had a very heated personal conversation with him. As I believe most anyone who cared deeply about their company would when speaking to a suspected high level counterfeiter. I got personal and said some things directed at this ONE man and certainly not the at the vapers of Turkey. I told him he was akin to a pirate for illegally counterfeiting and smuggling our products. In all honestly, I stand by those statements as they are directed at this one man believed to be shamelessly profiteering off of the vapers of Turkey and taking advantage of the fact that they do not have a legal pipeline to verify they are receiving legitimate product from the source.

What I will NOT stand for, is the implication that these comments are in anyway directed at the amazing vapor community within Turkey. They are directed at one very bad man taking advantage of that community. The company I work for is a tireless advocate for nations all over the world fighting for their rights to vape. We will support the Turkish community in any way we can to help them to regain those rights as we do in every region battling for their right to vape.

Bert Ruiz
Vice President of Business Development
Cosmic Fog Vapors

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to drop a quick line on here to provide some clarity to the events in Turkey. First of all we would like to apologize to any Turkish vapers that may have been offended by this situation. We are a big supporter of the Turkish vapor community and any community struggling to regain their legal rights to choose to vape.

It was recently brought to our attention that an E-Liquid distributor in Turkey was selling counterfeit Cosmic Fog products. After receiving hundreds of images from Turkish vapors we conducted an investigation. The result of our investigation found that every counterfeit product sent to us by consumers led back to one man, Ismail Yasubuga. After further investigation we determined that there was a strong likelihood that this man was ordering small amounts of Cosmic Fog and other high profile brands of eliquid and shipping them to Bulgaria so that he may be named an “authorized distributor”. He would then mix in large amounts of counterfeit product and sell it on the Turkish market.

We believe strongly that our investigation is accurate and have consulted with hundreds of Turkish vapors to confirm these results. After confronting this man, Ismail Yasubuga, we stripped him of his distribution rights. At some point he called our office and I had a very heated personal conversation with him. As I believe most anyone who cared deeply about their company would when speaking to a suspected high level counterfeiter. I got personal and said some things directed at this ONE man and certainly not the at the vapers of Turkey. I told him he was akin to a pirate for illegally counterfeiting and smuggling our products. In all honestly, I stand by those statements as they are directed at this one man believed to be shamelessly profiteering off of the vapers of Turkey and taking advantage of the fact that they do not have a legal pipeline to verify they are receiving legitimate product from the source.

What I will NOT stand for, is the implication that these comments are in anyway directed at the amazing vapor community within Turkey. They are directed at one very bad man taking advantage of that community. The company I work for is a tireless advocate for nations all over the world fighting for their rights to vape. We will support the Turkish community in any way we can to help them to regain those rights as we do in every region battling for their right to vape.

Bert Ruiz
Vice President of Business Development
Cosmic Fog Vapors

Lovely thanks for popping in and confirming your side of it Cosmic Vapes, that sounds far more rational

So over to vaporknight the elusive distributor ....

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, these clowns posting here all work for the Bulgarian. Or are the Bulgarian.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is it just me or does that look like a forged document? Photoshop is a wonderful program but the formatting does not look like CF billing paper at least in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors