Become a Patron!

Could anyone tell me what is the best DNA mod out there?

mark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So many choices, and So many prices. I am looking to pick one up for what I hear is, the Insane battery life. Thanks for any input.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everybody has their own preference. So it is hard to say which is best for you. Since I don't like lipo packs, since my MP3 players, cellphones, cameras, smart watches, etc. all use them, I don't want anymore things with lipos. So my favorites use 18650 lithium batteries so I can just swap and go.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a really hard question to answer. Like I posted the other day about RTA's, there is no such thing as best for everyone. Like asking what's the best car or truck. No that I've said that I'll try to help you. Here's a link with an overview of a lot (not all) of DNA200 mods:
http://vaping360.com/dna-200-box-mods/

I'm a big supporter of the mod and have 5 different ones. I have my favorites but in the end they all work the same (use the same chip). Some have better build quality, some look nicer (subjective). Most use a 3s Lipo pack which aren't easily swapped but offer pass through charging so you can vape while charging. A few run on 3 x 18650's and a few more on 2 x 18650's but the chip is capped at 133 watts when running on 2 batteries in series. There is also a relatively new one by Lost Vape - The Efusion Duo that can be run off a 3s Lipo or 2 x 18650 that looks nice. Unfortunately I don't have it so I can't give you any first hand information on it.

What is important to you in a mod? Do you prefer 18650's or Lipo's? What is your budget? I'm not trying to be difficult but without more information it's impossible for me to answer.

Here's a couple of pictures of the ones I own. I'll be happy to try and answer any questions you might have.

(L to R) Lavabox, Limited Edition Blood Red Lavabox, Reuleaux, VT200, DX200 (with the 2 x 18650 battery compartment)
IMG_20160304_114738_zpsfzas6rj5.jpg

(L to R) Lavabox, Limited Edition Blood Red Lavabox, Reuleaux, VT200, DX200 (with the 2 x 18650 battery compartment, it really adds some width over the 900mah Lipo)
IMG_20160304_114836_zpsfj2vyqtx.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

mark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a really hard question to answer. Like I posted the other day about RTA's, there is no such thing as best for everyone. Like asking what's the best car or truck. No that I've said that I'll try to help you. Here's a link with an overview of a lot (not all) of DNA200 mods:
http://vaping360.com/dna-200-box-mods/

I'm a big supporter of the mod and have 5 different ones. I have my favorites but in the end they all work the same (use the same chip). Some have better build quality, some look nicer (subjective). Most use a 3s Lipo pack which aren't easily swapped but offer pass through charging so you can vape while charging. A few run on 3 x 18650's and a few more on 2 x 18650's but the chip is capped at 133 watts when running on 2 batteries in series. There is also a relatively new one by Lost Vape - The Efusion Duo that can be run off a 3s Lipo or 2 x 18650 that looks nice. Unfortunately I don't have it so I can't give you any first hand information on it.

What is important to you in a mod? Do you prefer 18650's or Lipo's? What is your budget? I'm not trying to be difficult but without more information it's impossible for me to answer.

Here's a couple of pictures of the ones I own. I'll be happy to try and answer any questions you might have.

(L to R) Lavabox, Limited Edition Blood Red Lavabox, Reuleaux, VT200, DX200 (with the 2 x 18650 battery compartment)
IMG_20160304_114738_zpsfzas6rj5.jpg

(L to R) Lavabox, Limited Edition Blood Red Lavabox, Reuleaux, VT200, DX200 (with the 2 x 18650 battery compartment, it really adds some width over the 900mah Lipo)
IMG_20160304_114836_zpsfj2vyqtx.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
You have an amazing collection! I guess what I really want, is a DNA mod that has the longest battery life, and maybe the option of swapping out the battery packs to either recharge, or replace. As you can tell, I'm pretty much clueless. lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have an amazing collection! I guess what I really want, is a DNA mod that has the longest battery life, and maybe the option of swapping out the battery packs to either recharge, or replace. As you can tell, I'm pretty much clueless. lol
Thank You. Out of the ones pictured above the Reuleaux DNA200 has the best battery life by far (3 x 18650) but is also the heaviest. The Hotcig DX200 has the easy switch between Lipo packs and also offers a 2 x 18650 battery compartment (accessory), but is sort of plain looking/boxy (subjective). Like I mentioned in my first post the new Efusion Duo also offers that option (Lipo or 18650). Here's a couple of videos you might want to check out.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Battery life? In that category there is only one and its name is Reuleaux. It's the King of all DNA mods in the battery life department. It's also my personal favorite out of the 2 DNA mods I do have.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
So many choices, and So many prices. I am looking to pick one up for what I hear is, the Insane battery life. Thanks for any input.
If battery life is your biggest need, then as already stated, the Reuleaux is likely the best option. Let us know what you end up with. GL!

mark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A huge Thank you to everyone for all the suggestions!

Chris'sClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
(For me) Either the Lava box, or the DNA RX200. There specs are great and they hit the best. The RX200 has a lot longer battetry life but is also bigger so it's up to the user.

Chris'sClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did OP SAY BATTERY LIFE?!
that's not a hard question to answer!
THE KING OF ALL DNA 200
REULEAUX DNA 200 x3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now with the software update it hits 250w!!! Wismec is one of the best (if not the best) brand for mods.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(For me) Either the Lava box, or the DNA RX200. There specs are great and they hit the best. The RX200 has a lot longer battetry life but is also bigger so it's up to the user.

RX200 does not have the DNA board. Reuleaux DNA 200 is the way to go if you want more battery life. Personally, I love my HCigar VT133. It uses 2 18650 batteries and the DNA200 board is throttled down to 133 watts since it only has 2 18650's. I carry a couple spare 18650's if I am going to need more battery life. The VT133 is easier to carry around than the Reuleaux and is lighter. I also have the VT200 but like the 133 better for battery life.

mark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Once again, I want to say a huge thanks to everyone who has been helping me out here. Yet another stupid question,,," I seem to have lots of those" Ha! Is the DNA chip the main reason for the longer battery life? I have the regular RX 200, and my battery life isn't all that great . So I am thinking the DNA chip is the key?? Maybe? And I do use good batterys, and vape at around 30 watts, if that helps.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a quick question that should attract the right eyeballs here. Are these DNA200 mods usable out of the box if someone is simply wanting to run them in power mode? Or is escribe a necessary first step to get the mod up and running. (updating firmware is no big deal).

An older friend of mine has gone head over heels for vaping, and asked me about the best mods on the market, but I'm thinking escribe might be a little over his head.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Once again, I want to say a huge thanks to everyone who has been helping me out here. Yet another stupid question,,," I seem to have lots of those" Ha! Is the DNA chip the main reason for the longer battery life? I have the regular RX 200, and my battery life isn't all that great . So I am thinking the DNA chip is the key?? Maybe? And I do use good batterys, and vape at around 30 watts, if that helps.
I can't give you a great answer because my DNA 200 is a 3 cell LiPo battery and my other mods use 26650 or 18650 batteries. What I can say is that I don't seem to experience much of a difference from a power management perspective between the Wismec/Joyetech chip set and the Evolv chip set in the DNA. It isn't an apples to apples comparison though, so I can't give you more than my own perspective and observation on it. Hopefully someone will be along that could give a better answer to the technical power management and how efficient it is.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a quick question that should attract the right eyeballs here. Are these DNA200 mods usable out of the box if someone is simply wanting to run them in power mode? Or is escribe a necessary first step to get the mod up and running. (updating firmware is no big deal).

An older friend of mine has gone head over heels for vaping, and asked me about the best mods on the market, but I'm thinking escribe might be a little over his head.
I use it out of the box, I haven't tried E scribe yet... Power mode..

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You can run it right out of the box in Power Mode without Escribe. Kanthal will kick out of TC even if you were using that because the resistance won't rise like a TC wire would (The TCR of Kanthal is extremely low). On top of that if you scroll any of the presets temperature past 600F it will shut TC off for that preset.

I know you didn't ask this but the newest version of Escribe comes with Ni200, Ti01, and SS316 already in the material tab and you can set up any of the 8 profiles up with those wires without using Escribe as well.

With all that being said, I love Escribe. It gives me more control over my vape than any mod I've ever had. It's really not hard to use. I have a link in my signature that gives you some tips on setting a DNA200 mod up if you are interested.

T0cBNE5.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have the RX200 to compare the Reuleaux (DNA200) to. I will say, my Reuleaux lasts well over a day of vaping and I'm not a light vaper. The DNA200 chip is supposed to be 97% efficient. To my knowledge, no chip is more efficient (for vaping).

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two RX200 and two Reuleaux DNA200. I also have two HCigar VT133 (2 cell DNA200). And it does seem to me that the DNAs does last longer on the batteries than my other mods including the RX200. I just started a log how much ml of juice I go through per charge, so I will know more later.

mark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Good question!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I have two RX200 and two Reuleaux DNA200. I also have two HCigar VT133 (2 cell DNA200). And it does seem to me that the DNAs does last longer on the batteries than my other mods including the RX200. I just started a log how much ml of juice I go through per charge, so I will know more later.
Definitely looking forward to some hard metrics on this answer! Thanks @BillW50 !

VU Sponsors